or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › NWPA/NEOH (Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland) Area Golfers › Discussions › First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3)

First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3) - Page 20

post #343 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

That was the guy who's kid I almost hit apparently, 240 yd carry over water push slice to a swingset in his yard... Slice played the diplomat and diffused the situation, career in politics in the future??

 

This is my "stopping halfway" feeling on the backswing... Guess I missed that checkpoint, hit my hook on that shot just like about every other drive. Did end up with par on this hole though. All in all was a great time even with the bad play. I did get to prove Slice wrong about hitting 163 yd pitching wedge though.

post #344 of 365

Probably the best moments for me was going holes 9 thru 13 in even par. 1 birdie, 3 pars, 1 bogey. That's some tough sledding there, when the handicaps of those 4 holes are: 7,2,4,6,18. I bogey the easiest hole ;) Though hole 18 would have jumped up to the top if i cleared the water. I am a huge fan of par 5 finishing hole were you can reach the green in two. Nothing like finishing a round of golf going for glory ;)

 

That course is an awesome set up. Very visually appealing. I really liked holes 10 and 13. That par 3 with the green stuck on the side of that hill, with the tall grass.

post #345 of 365

Thanks so much to Mike & Erik for setting this up!  I did have a great time & would love to do it again, despite my lousy swings.  Watching Slice & Jeremie bombing it out there on there good drives was fun - and a little intimidating.  This outing convinced me that I need to work a lot harder on my game, so lessons are coming - hopefully sooner than later. 

 

I felt bad for the Medicus rep (Gene?  nice guy!)  who kept asking us for testimonials, especially about the balls (which I'm sure are great)!  What could I tell him?  "Boy, this ball went farther out of bounds than my usual ball!  Usuall I just hit the side of the house, but today I went OVER the house!   I really like the spin as it hit the water!  I'm getting an extra 20 yards on my topped drives!"

 

Come to think of it, that might be an entertaining infomercial.

post #346 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grins View Post

Thanks so much to Mike & Erik for setting this up!  I did have a great time & would love to do it again, despite my lousy swings.  Watching Slice & Jeremie bombing it out there on there good drives was fun - and a little intimidating.  This outing convinced me that I need to work a lot harder on my game, so lessons are coming - hopefully sooner than later. 

 

I felt bad for the Medicus rep (Gene?  nice guy!)  who kept asking us for testimonials, especially about the balls (which I'm sure are great)!  What could I tell him?  "Boy, this ball went farther out of bounds than my usual ball!  Usuall I just hit the side of the house, but today I went OVER the house!   I really like the spin as it hit the water!  I'm getting an extra 20 yards on my topped drives!"

 

Come to think of it, that might be an entertaining infomercial.

Yeah, I liked their irons and the hybrid but that was about it. The problem with asking about the golf ball is that's something a better player is definitely going to notice more than I did. I had nothing to say about the driveway except for the fact that it was entirely too loud. I looked at the price of the hybrid.... yeah even though I liked it I can't justify paying that much for one unfortunately.

post #347 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

Yeah, I liked their irons and the hybrid but that was about it. The problem with asking about the golf ball is that's something a better player is definitely going to notice more than I did. I had nothing to say about the driveway except for the fact that it was entirely too loud. I looked at the price of the hybrid.... yeah even though I liked it I can't justify paying that much for one unfortunately.

 

I thought there golf ball was similar to any other premium golf ball i play. It putted well, and it felt good off the irons and around the green. The spin was very similar to premium golf ball. Couldn't say distance wise because i wasn't hitting the ball good off the tee, i think it pretty much matched any ball i usually play today.

 

Hybrids were to big for me, i like a sleeker profile on a club.

Irons were pretty solid, they got some pop to them. Besides the ability to hit the driveway off the ground like a 3-wood, the irons were the most impressive equipment i hit.

post #348 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grins View Post

Thanks so much to Mike & Erik for setting this up!  I did have a great time & would love to do it again, despite my lousy swings.  Watching Slice & Jeremie bombing it out there on there good drives was fun - and a little intimidating.  This outing convinced me that I need to work a lot harder on my game, so lessons are coming - hopefully sooner than later. 

 

I felt bad for the Medicus rep (Gene?  nice guy!)  who kept asking us for testimonials, especially about the balls (which I'm sure are great)!  What could I tell him?  "Boy, this ball went farther out of bounds than my usual ball!  Usuall I just hit the side of the house, but today I went OVER the house!   I really like the spin as it hit the water!  I'm getting an extra 20 yards on my topped drives!"

 

Come to think of it, that might be an entertaining infomercial.

 

I'd watch that infomercial...lol

post #349 of 365

I would also like to thank Erik, Mike, & Kick X for everything they did to make it happen. It was a fun outing and I look forward to seeing all you guys again. I had to leave out early to meet the wife, but hopefully the next time we meet up I'll get there early and we can trade stories. Once again Thanks, it was fun!!

post #350 of 365

Looks like a great time. Hope to be able to get there next year.

post #351 of 365

Any plans for another of these this year? Since taking my new position I need to do a bit more planning when it comes to being out of town as I'm basically on call 24/7.

post #352 of 365

This year, I definitely intend to join by any means necessary. I was pretty pissed that I missed last year's outing due to last minute illness. You can't have worse luck than going to bed feeling fine and cleaning your clubs, to waking up at 2AM and not being able to hold down a sip of water until 8PM that same day....

post #353 of 365
I am in Pittsburgh and would travel for an event. My game is not at a place where I could join a bunch of scratch and single handicap guys for the round but if you were doing the clinic and dinner after the round I would love to meet everyone. I would be willing to pay the whole fee if the let me join along to watch how you guys attack a course if there was not an even number of people playing.
post #354 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper View Post

I am in Pittsburgh and would travel for an event. My game is not at a place where I could join a bunch of scratch and single handicap guys for the round but if you were doing the clinic and dinner after the round I would love to meet everyone. I would be willing to pay the whole fee if the let me join along to watch how you guys attack a course if there was not an even number of people playing.

From my past experience and knowledge, I don't think your handicap matters much and I assume you would be more than welcome to play. As a matter of fact, I would encourage you to play and would take you in my group. I think it's more about the community here and making new friends and sharing great company, as opposed to wearing your handicap on your shirt and seeing "who is really that good".

post #355 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

From my past experience and knowledge, I don't think your handicap matters much and I assume you would be more than welcome to play. As a matter of fact, I would encourage you to play and would take you in my group. I think it's more about the community here and making new friends and sharing great company, as opposed to wearing your handicap on your shirt and seeing "who is really that good".

Thanks Spyder, i will keep working on my game(lessons start Monday, league on May 15th) and if it worked I would love to play. My major concern would be taking the enjoyment away from others. There is no shame in my game and when playing with friends now I will pick up my ball 1-3 times a round to not slow down play and start at it again on the next hole. Hopefully by then I will be a little more consistent.
post #356 of 365
Thread Starter 

I think we'll try to do something this year, yes.

 

I don't know where or when. No clinic before hand, as that can just mess with everyone (we learned that last time).

 

I'll have to see when @mvmac plans to visit Erie, and do it around then. Like the day after he leaves, bwah ha ha ha ha ha, BURN! :D 

post #357 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper View Post

I am in Pittsburgh and would travel for an event. My game is not at a place where I could join a bunch of scratch and single handicap guys for the round but if you were doing the clinic and dinner after the round I would love to meet everyone. I would be willing to pay the whole fee if the let me join along to watch how you guys attack a course if there was not an even number of people playing.

 

Hahaha, based on this...you clearly weren't there last year. If it wasn't a scramble, I would have shot a 115 lol

post #358 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Hahaha, based on this...you clearly weren't there last year. If it wasn't a scramble, I would have shot a 115 lol

Haha.... I still would have made that look good. If they end up playing this year I will have to be there, sounds like a pretty good group.
post #359 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper View Post


Haha.... I still would have made that look good. If they end up playing this year I will have to be there, sounds like a pretty good group.

 

It's a blast, I can't wait for this years outing. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

Hahaha, based on this...you clearly weren't there last year. If it wasn't a scramble, I would have shot a 115 lol

 

Just make sure you don't and try to hit little girls with the golf ball this time!!! 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

No clinic before hand, as that can just mess with everyone (we learned that last time).

 

I'll have to see when @mvmac plans to visit Erie, and do it around then. Like the day after he leaves, bwah ha ha ha ha ha, BURN! :D 

 

Yea no stupid monkey's that day :-D 

 

Make sure to handicap Mike accordingly. By his swing thread he seems to be putting in some serious practice time!!! 

post #360 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Hahaha, based on this...you clearly weren't there last year. If it wasn't a scramble, I would have shot a 115 lol
Wait....you guys played a SCRAMBLE?! g2_eek.gif
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › NWPA/NEOH (Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland) Area Golfers › Discussions › First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3)