or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NCAA College Football
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 NCAA College Football - Page 6

post #91 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

You are just contradicting yourself. You say 100% are not loosing, then you say some of them could loose, now you say they won't loose. Umm, the word "could" specifically means not 100% in that context ;)

Out of the top 5 teams who are undefeated. Baylor and Alabama will probably end up with 1 loss. Baylor might loose more than 1, the end of their schedule is just brutal. It will probably be Oregon versus Florida State in the championship game. 
No, I was pretty consistent. Read it again ... This time pay close attention to the "O's." ;)

PS ... These last two posts are going to cost you a pretty penny with Erik. ;)
post #92 of 692
 
The Ohio State University's Band still rocking the best half time shows. 
post #93 of 692
Oregon gonna take the naty and the heisman. Not bad super mariota first UO to take it. Then he will go top 3 in the draft.
I think Baylor has the best chance to not lose a game cause weak schedule and that offense. Hope bama loses cause I'm tired of watching their boring football every week cause they are one of the only teams ever televised here in Canada.
Fsu oregon would be deadly
post #94 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by MULVn8tor View Post

Oregon gonna take the naty and the heisman. Not bad super mariota first UO to take it. Then he will go top 3 in the draft.
I think Baylor has the best chance to not lose a game cause weak schedule and that offense. Hope bama loses cause I'm tired of watching their boring football every week cause they are one of the only teams ever televised here in Canada.
Fsu oregon would be deadly

 

Gonna be tough for Oregon to win the National Championship when they aren't even going to get to play in it, barring some unlikely meltdown from either FSU or Alabama..... It'd be great to see FSU and Oregon, but I really don't think it's gonna happen.

post #95 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

Gonna be tough for Oregon to win the National Championship when they aren't even going to get to play in it, barring some unlikely meltdown from either FSU or Alabama..... It'd be great to see FSU and Oregon, but I really don't think it's gonna happen.

 

If Oregon wins out, they will have a better schedule than FSU, and will jump back over them.

post #96 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

If Oregon wins out, they will have a better schedule than FSU, and will jump back over them.

 

Maybe.  Maybe not.....

post #97 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

 

Just hoping for those undefeated teams around OSU to start loosing. I am not sure Baylor is legit. They still haven't played a top 30 ranked defense. I think Stanford can beat Oregon, they get an extra 4 days to prepare against that offense, which helps. History has shown that Oregon doesn't do well when you give teams more than a week to prepare for them. Their offensive performance is greatly diminished in the bowl games. Give Stanford an extra 4 days, and they know Oregon's offense over the past few years, that game could be a tough one. Alabama could loose, they got some tough game coming up. I don't see Florida State loosing unless their freshman QB decides to start playing like a freshman. 

 

Stanford can definitely still beat Oregon, but I agree, Florida St has an "easier" schedule than Oregon. Wake Forest beat Miami and FSU also has a-probably-PO'd-Miami coming up this week and then Wake Forest the following so anything can happen.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by c peterich View Post


If they played alabama right now,,,notre dame 21 ...Alabama 13

 

Did you see how many points Bama has given up in the last four games? ND couldn't even score in the second half to what I consider only somewhat decent (definitely not Alabama caliber) USC defense.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by c peterich View Post


You are a non believer.,,shame on you. a4_sad.gif

 

He's probably being more a realist. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by c peterich View Post

Notre dame still has an outside chance of playing in a very major bowl if they win out... I think they can beat Stanford... I even think they would give Alabama a good run this year .. If they played them. Tommy coming on strong in the 2 nd half of the season

 

If you're talking about one of the major BCS bowls, being ranked 25 at this point in the season is too little too late. The last two games of the season are against a pretty good BYU team and Stanford. If BYU beats Wisconsin, I'd say it's going to get pretty tough just to get one win in that final stretch. 

post #98 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

If Oregon wins out, they will have a better schedule than FSU, and will jump back over them.

They already have.  Yesterday's BCS standings have Oregon at number 2 and FSU at 3.  Oregon's remaining schedule has #5 Stanford, a solid, just outside the Top 25, Oregon State, and then the Pac-12 Championship Game.  Best case scenario for Oregon is that it's UCLA who won out the rest of their regular season and would be ranked in the top 10.

 

FSU has quite a similar remaining schedule.  #7 Miami next, 3 games of fluff, and then solid, but unranked, Florida to close the season.  If Miami wins out (except this weekend) then they get to play them again (while they are likely ranked in the top 10 as well) for the ACC championship game.

 

One advantage that FSU may have is that they have an extra game still to play.  If it comes down to fractions of a point, who knows, a 70-10 win over Idaho might tip the scales. ;)

 

But with Oregon already comfortable in second, it seems like if they both win out, chances are pretty slim that they trade places.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

Maybe.  Maybe not.....

Unless you are planning on Oregon dropping because they lose a game?  I'd say that the possibility of that is quite high.  If I was a betting person, I'd put my money on Alabama/FSU.  My next pick would be Alabama/OSU.

 

Side note:  I'm no expert on the BCS calcs, but if my some crazy miracle, Baylor wins out, then they could jump up pretty quickly and perhaps even pass OSU, based on their remaining schedule.  However, because of that schedule and the fact that they've played nobody so far, I suspect that they are going to have a rude awakening here over the next couple of weeks.

 

Nobody is really giving them much chance - and rightfully so after they almost lost this weekend to Wake Forest - but Miami has a good chance to jump up pretty high if they win out, considering that would include two wins over top 10 FSU. ;)

 

------------------------------

 

I'm more interested in my FSU winning out and then, likely, snagging a non-AQ BCS bowl bid.  They are currently at 16th in the BCS standings and that is probably about where they belong.  Based on the upcoming schedules of the teams immediately preceding them, a few of those are likely to lose, and that is their only chance at moving up, because their own schedule is weak.  If they can get to 12th in the BCS standings, then its guaranteed that they'll get a bid, but that is unlikely.  What is likely, though, is that they remain in the top 16 and remain ahead of a champion of an AQ conference, which is the other qualifying chance for us little people.  The frontrunners for the AAC championship are all well below them, so that chance is high.  Time to take care of business, guys!!

post #99 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPIRE View Post
 

 

If you're talking about one of the major BCS bowls, being ranked 25 at this point in the season is too little too late. The last two games of the season are against a pretty good BYU team and Stanford. If BYU beats Wisconsin, I'd say it's going to get pretty tough just to get one win in that final stretch. 

 

I believe if ND gets inside the top 15 they get an automatic qualifier for the BCS bowl game. Its a deal they worked out with the BCS because they are independent. They didn't want to be snubbed because they don't get the automatic bid due to not being in a conference. If they win out, I think they would be in the top 15. A 2 loss ND team, that beats Stanford, they would be close.

post #100 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

I believe if ND gets inside the top 15 they get an automatic qualifier for the BCS bowl game. Its a deal they worked out with the BCS because they are independent. They didn't want to be snubbed because they don't get the automatic bid due to not being in a conference. If they win out, I think they would be in the top 15. A 2 loss ND team, that beats Stanford, they would be close.

Yeah, I'd probably buy that.  It oculd very well hinge on what Stanford does against Oregon.  I don't think ND will make it ... but it could be close.

post #101 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

I believe if ND gets inside the top 15 they get an automatic qualifier for the BCS bowl game. Its a deal they worked out with the BCS because they are independent. They didn't want to be snubbed because they don't get the automatic bid due to not being in a conference. If they win out, I think they would be in the top 15. A 2 loss ND team, that beats Stanford, they would be close.

 

To me, I would consider that game a loss against ND, and maybe even the week before against BYU. I really don't think ND gets 2 wins in that last two week stretch. 

post #102 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPIRE View Post
 

 

To me, I would consider that game a loss against ND, and maybe even the week before against BYU. I really don't think ND gets 2 wins in that last two week stretch. 

 

Depends if Nix comes back. The good thing is, ND has a very good defense. When their front 4 is playing good they are one of the best front 4 lineman in the nation. They have two legit NFL quality lineman in that front 4. If they can pressure and stop the run with less than 5 guys, then they will make it hard on other teams. That defense will keep them in every game. The problem is, can that offense play good. If Reese is on, they will win a lot of games. If he's not, then it is a very very sad offense to watch.

post #103 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

That is pretty amazing.  I also just watched them do a tribute to Michael Jackson (complete with a moonwalk) that was equally impressive.

 

EDIT:  I'm trying to quote @saevel25 's OSU marching band video. ;)

post #104 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

That is pretty amazing.  I also just watched them do a tribute to Michael Jackson (complete with a moonwalk) that was equally impressive.

 

EDIT:  I'm trying to quote @saevel25 's OSU marching band video. ;)

 

That post I had actually had text underneath the video, but it never showed up? Not sure if it is the website or my computer.

post #105 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPIRE View Post
 

 

 ND couldn't even score in the second half to what I consider only somewhat decent (definitely not Alabama caliber) USC defense.

 

That's because ND lives and dies with Tommy Boy and he was knocked out at the start of the 3rd quarter. 

Hendrix has been in the system for 4 years, taking snaps with the first team in practice for 2 of those years and I'm sure that night against USC he couldn't tell you his name. 

 

I also forgot about BYU in week 11.  I had high hopes for 9-3 since I don't think ND can keep up with Stanford this year.  

..............take 8-4 and get Golson back next year. 

post #106 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustabound View Post
 

That's because ND lives and dies with Tommy Boy and he was knocked out at the start of the 3rd quarter. 

Hendrix has been in the system for 4 years, taking snaps with the first team in practice for 2 of those years and I'm sure that night against USC he couldn't tell you his name. 

 

I also forgot about BYU in week 11.  I had high hopes for 9-3 since I don't think ND can keep up with Stanford this year.  

..............take 8-4 and get Golson back next year. 

 

I forgot about that little detail. I didn't watch the game but was following it through my phone and forgot that it was Hendrix at QB for the 4th. 

 

The problem with ND as @saevel25 mentioned is their offense pretty much lives or dies with how well Tommy Reese is playing. Aside from BYU and Stanford, I would also be wary of Pitt since they played a close game in 2012. ND will probably win that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was close. 

post #107 of 692

the Ohio St thing is great.

post #108 of 692
I live in northwest indiana,,a hour from ND..so enough said. But on a sad note...poor ole Purdue. The boilers are getting beat up weekly..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NCAA College Football