or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Do the pros use range balls at tournaments or there game balls
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do the pros use range balls at tournaments or there game balls

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Does anyone know if the pros use range balls or are there buckets of pro v1 at there disposals just curious seems like I am always hitting range rocks
post #2 of 12

The pro's get regular golf balls to practice with from what I understand.

post #3 of 12
If I was a multimillionaire pro, I'd have my own new batch of ProV1x's brought to hit at each range session. Donate them to the First Tee or another kids program after.
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofingaw View Post

If I was a multimillionaire pro, I'd have my own new batch of ProV1x's brought to hit at each range session. Donate them to the First Tee or another kids program after.

There's no need really. The ball flights aren't going to change that much between a normal range ball or a top shelf ball. When they're on the range, they're simply warming up and working on striking the ball well and testing the waters. The ProV1x's qualities are only going to come in to play in the short game and putting for the most part. Despite what people think about low-spin balls not slicing or hooking as much, the numbers actually don't change that much. 

 

post #5 of 12
Can't argue with that. But if it was pennies to me, I'd probably do it anyhow! Haha
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superplumber View Post

Does anyone know if the pros use range balls or are there buckets of pro v1 at there disposals just curious seems like I am always hitting range rocks

They get balls of their choice.

There are bags of ProV1, ProV1X, Callaway, Srixon, Nike,  whatever  - all available to them

They ONLY hit the balls they use in tournaments.

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

post #7 of 12

Check out this Back Stage Pass segment on a PGA Tour event. Slide 10 shows you that the practice range offers big-name balls to the players. http://www.golf.com/photos/behind-scenes-pga-tour-event/range-balls#320952

post #8 of 12
Interesting. I was actually wondering about this too. First time I saw a range use top end balls was when I flew to Arizona on a golf trip. We get range rocks up here in Canada :D
post #9 of 12

They use the ball they play on the course, period.  

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskzoo View Post

They use the ball they play on the course, period.  

This.
post #11 of 12

The tour provides range balls for use during tournament week. Last weeks Air Capital Classic had Bridgestone on the range.

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCgolfer View Post

The tour provides range balls for use during tournament week. Last weeks Air Capital Classic had Bridgestone on the range.

 

Not really sure if you read the entire thread..... (no offense)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Do the pros use range balls at tournaments or there game balls