or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How big is your drive?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How big is your drive? - Page 9

post #145 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

Hi guys, bought a new driver, extra stiff, custom made to my swing style. Gonna pop to the range in a bit and see if I can finally crush 400+ :D

It's about to get real messy

 

I was only around 405 until I finally learned how to hit driver. 

post #146 of 224

Sigh...this thread has jumped the shark.

 

But on the plus side, check out my perky pecs!

post #147 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

Hi guys, bought a new driver, extra stiff, custom made to my swing style. Gonna pop to the range in a bit and see if I can finally crush 400+ :D

It's about to get real messy

Make sure you're hitting ProV1's instead of range rocks.  Hope you can start pushing 400 I see you getting to maybe 420 with that sick new shaft based on your stats. 

 

Good luck bro.

post #148 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Probably the best movie ever made.

Just be glad you weren't in middle school when that movie came out.

If you were a fat lard, your nickname was "Tina."

One year, every kid who ran for class president made their own version of "Vote For Pedro" shirts.
post #149 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


Just be glad you weren't in middle school when that movie came out.

If you were a fat lard, your nickname was "Tina."

One year, every kid who ran for class president made their own version of "Vote For Pedro" shirts.

I'm pushing 40, trust me, I TOTALLY wish I had been in middle school when that movie came out....

post #150 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

I'm pushing 40, trust me, I TOTALLY wish I had been in middle school when that movie came out....

Interesting, me too!  How hard are you pushing?  (I will be knocking down that door in less than 5 months ... yikes!!!!!!!!!!!)

post #151 of 224

My oh my, I must really suck?!

 

I'm only hitting my drives ~ 260 to 270 on average?  Yesterday, I hit a drive on #10... 285yds.  It was a 'big' drive for me, and it felt great.  Then on #11 I hit and even bigger drive of 290!  But it was down wind, down hill.  I really felt good about myself until I saw this thread... Where I find guys are hitting it 320+ on average, and taking their shirts off.

 

Now I feel like a child.  z6_surrender.gif

post #152 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

My oh my, I must really suck?!

 

I'm only hitting my drives ~ 260 to 270 on average?  Yesterday, I hit a drive on #10... 285yds.  It was a 'big' drive for me, and it felt great.  Then on #11 I hit and even bigger drive of 290!  But it was down wind, down hill.  I really felt good about myself until I saw this thread... Where I find guys are hitting it 320+ on average, and taking their shirts off.

 

Now I feel like a child.  z6_surrender.gif

 

Don't feel bad, we all have to start somewhere. I mean, some of us started at 320+, but everyone is different...

post #153 of 224

Yeah... I tried everything I could do to keep from over driving the par 4's.... the only thing that has helped so far on these....

 

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/Golf-Galaxy-Foam-Balls-in-Mesh-Bag---36-pack/36FMBALLSMSHBAG/Product

 

However I still can't hit these with the wind behind my back.... any suggestions?

post #154 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

My oh my, I must really suck?!

 

I'm only hitting my drives ~ 260 to 270 on average?  Yesterday, I hit a drive on #10... 285yds.  It was a 'big' drive for me, and it felt great.  Then on #11 I hit and even bigger drive of 290!  But it was down wind, down hill.  I really felt good about myself until I saw this thread... Where I find guys are hitting it 320+ on average, and taking their shirts off.

 

Now I feel like a child.  z6_surrender.gif

 

Apology accepted.

post #155 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

 

Don't feel bad, we all have to start somewhere. I mean, some of us started at 320+, but everyone is different...

 

With our pitching wedges...

post #156 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourSpoon View Post

 

With our pitching wedges...

 

Gap. Pitching wedge was good for 350. I get more loft with the gap, so it held it up around 305. Anything under 300 now and I just hit a light flop shot and hope for a serious gust of wind against me.

post #157 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

It's about to get real messy

 

That's what she said.

post #158 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

That's what she said.

 

And with that, i propose this thread be closed, thank you Geauxforbroke

post #159 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

 

And with that, i propose this thread be closed, thank you Geauxforbroke

I second that. The shark has been jumped multiple times.

post #160 of 224

What are the chances that ProGolf is Gilberg's BA uncle?

post #161 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

I second that. The shark has been jumped multiple times.

 

It was all over when broseph posted a sweet self pic. 

 

I am holding out hope that the OP will post a swing video so that we can all see how it's done...

 

The challenge has been made.

post #162 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

Hi guys, bought a new driver, extra stiff, custom made to my swing style. Gonna pop to the range in a bit and see if I can finally crush 400+ :D

It's about to get real messy

 

Wait, I'm confused.

 

How many middle schoolers is that?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How big is your drive?