or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How big is your drive?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How big is your drive? - Page 5

post #73 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

So childish. 
I guess my drives are so unreal, eh? Come back when you crush em 320 consistent. 
I went to the range earlier and I had a group of about 10 kids standing behind me gasping and clapping after every shot. I had a 100 ball bucket, do the math.
Pffffttttt.....dude, yer a shortknocker. Come back when you can get some distance.
post #74 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

So childish. 

I guess my drives are so unreal, eh? Come back when you crush em 320 consistent. 

I went to the range earlier and I had a group of about 10 kids standing behind me gasping and clapping after every shot. I had a 100 ball bucket, do the math.

Have you considered a longer stiffer shaft to help with your distance?  Or maybe hitting real balls instead of practice balls at the range.  Your lack of distance is probably because of the practice balls, they're like rocks.  Just keep practicing and maybe try stack and tilt or something.

post #75 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

Soon I'll post videos and have a Question and Answer session so you guys can ask anything you want to know in regards to improving your drives etc a1_smile.gif

When is this question and answer session going to start?  I know of a bunch of mediocre golfers, below, that need help with their drives.  The best one hits it almost 305, they definitely don't know what you know and I am sure are dying to here your tips for success.

 

Rank        Previous         Name                                                                                                                                                Rounds                Avg.                        Total Distance                Drives

1 2 Johnson, Dustin 41 304.9 24,388 80
2 1 List, Luke 43 304.8 26,213 86
3 3 Colsaerts, Nicolaslogo 36 304.3 20,085 66
4 4 Garrigus, Robertlogo 47 302.8 26,045 86
5 5 Woodland, Gary 53 302.6 32,076 106
6 6 Bradley, Keegan 52 302.1 30,816 102
7 7 Kokrak, Jasonlogo 50 301.8 30,177 100
8 8 DeLaet, Grahamlogo 58 301.6 34,987 116
9 10 Meierdierks, Eric 32 300.7 19,245 64
10 9 Palmer, Ryanlogo 57 300.6 34,274 114
11 17 Watson, Bubbalogo 42 300.5 23,437 78
12 11 Flores, Martinlogo 53 300.3 31,829 106
13 17 Day, Jason 54 299.8 28,779 96
14 13 Walker, Jimmylogo 62 299.0 37,076 124
15 14 Bowditch, Stevenlogo 45 298.9 26,900 90
15 14 Daly, John 28 298.9 16,737 56
15 14 O'Hair, Sean 43 298.9 25,703 86
18 12 McIlroy, Rory 34 298.8 19,721 66
18 999 Scott, Adamlogo 29 298.8 16,731 56
20 19 Ridings, Tag 45 298.1 26,826 90
post #76 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


Great, another guy holding up the pace of play. Do you let guys play through while you're waiting for re-entry?

 

Nah, I just drop a ball in the middle of the green.

post #77 of 224
Vanity capper.

b2_tongue.gif
post #78 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

Nah, I just drop a ball in the middle of the green.

Dude, fourputt is going to rip you a new one for that!

post #79 of 224
ProGolf:

Submit some video, a lotta guys on here can help you with your lack of distance.

I can't help you though, I'm a feel player.
post #80 of 224
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCfanatic35 View Post

When is this question and answer session going to start?  I know of a bunch of mediocre golfers, below, that need help with their drives.  The best one hits it almost 305, they definitely don't know what you know and I am sure are dying to here your tips for success.

 

Rank        Previous         Name                                                                                                                                                Rounds                Avg.                        Total Distance                Drives

1 2 Johnson, Dustin 41 304.9 24,388 80
2 1 List, Luke 43 304.8 26,213 86
3 3 Colsaerts, Nicolaslogo 36 304.3 20,085 66
4 4 Garrigus, Robertlogo 47 302.8 26,045 86
5 5 Woodland, Gary 53 302.6 32,076 106
6 6 Bradley, Keegan 52 302.1 30,816 102
7 7 Kokrak, Jasonlogo 50 301.8 30,177 100
8 8 DeLaet, Grahamlogo 58 301.6 34,987 116
9 10 Meierdierks, Eric 32 300.7 19,245 64
10 9 Palmer, Ryanlogo 57 300.6 34,274 114
11 17 Watson, Bubbalogo 42 300.5 23,437 78
12 11 Flores, Martinlogo 53 300.3 31,829 106
13 17 Day, Jason 54 299.8 28,779 96
14 13 Walker, Jimmylogo 62 299.0 37,076 124
15 14 Bowditch, Stevenlogo 45 298.9 26,900 90
15 14 Daly, John 28 298.9 16,737 56
15 14 O'Hair, Sean 43 298.9 25,703 86
18 12 McIlroy, Rory 34 298.8 19,721 66
18 999 Scott, Adamlogo 29 298.8 16,731 56
20 19 Ridings, Tag 45 298.1 26,826 90

Yup, I am already aware I can out drive those chumps... There are many people who can out drive them; me being one.

post #81 of 224
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

ProGolf:

Submit some video, a lotta guys on here can help you with your lack of distance.

I can't help you though, I'm a feel player.

I got no problem with my distance. 

post #82 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

So childish. 

I guess my drives are so unreal, eh? Come back when you crush em 320 consistent. 

I went to the range earlier and I had a group of about 10 kids standing behind me gasping and clapping after every shot. I had a 100 ball bucket, do the math.

I'm trying to work the math out on this one. 100 ball bucket and 10 kids = 320 yards, right.  So if you hit a 50 ball bucket and there are 5 kids watching does that mean you would hit it 160 yards?

post #83 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

I got no problem with my distance. 

Good attitude. There's no shame in being a shortknocker, it's not all about distance...
post #84 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCfanatic35 View Post

I'm trying to work the math out on this one. 100 ball bucket and 10 kids = 320 yards, right.  So if you hit a 50 ball bucket and there are 5 kids watching does that mean you would hit it 160 yards?

Wouldn't it be 80 yards? 100 ball bucket and 5 kids would be 160 no?

This may require RadarNinja's trackman.
post #85 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGolf View Post

So childish. 

I guess my drives are so unreal, eh? Come back when you crush em 320 consistent. 

I went to the range earlier and I had a group of about 10 kids standing behind me gasping and clapping after every shot. I had a 100 ball bucket, do the math.

 

If you start a thread talking about how far you hit it, you have to expect to take some heat.  You're not the first guy to get on the internet and say they bomb it over 300.  If you do, that's awesome, we're just having some fun here that more related to these kind of threads.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

ProGolf:

Submit some video, a lotta guys on here can help you with your lack of distance.

I can't help you though, I'm a feel player.

But what we really want to know is

 

post #86 of 224
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCfanatic35 View Post

I'm trying to work the math out on this one. 100 ball bucket and 10 kids = 320 yards, right.  So if you hit a 50 ball bucket and there are 5 kids watching does that mean you would hit it 160 yards?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


Wouldn't it be 80 yards? 100 ball bucket and 5 kids would be 160 no?

This may require RadarNinja's trackman.

 

100 ball bucket + 10 kids in awe = 300 minimum 350 maximum

50 ball bucket + 5 kids in awe = more energy, less pressure = 320 minimum 390 maximum

post #87 of 224
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

If you start a thread talking about how far you hit it, you have to expect to take some heat.  You're not the first guy to get on the internet and say they bomb it over 300.  If you do, that's awesome, we're just having some fun here that more related to these kind of threads.

 

But what we really want to know is

 

 

Yes

post #88 of 224
Totally uncalled for lol.
post #89 of 224

Big fan of the beefcake photo, big fan,

post #90 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCfanatic35 View Post

I'm trying to work the math out on this one. 100 ball bucket and 10 kids = 320 yards, right.  So if you hit a 50 ball bucket and there are 5 kids watching does that mean you would hit it 160 yards?

I don't think so ... progolf doesn't *****foot around with wimpy algebra, he's only into logarithms.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Wouldn't it be 80 yards? 100 ball bucket and 5 kids would be 160 no?

I said logarithms, not freaking calculus!  You're making my head explode with this witchcraft!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

But what we really want to know is

 

This is awesome, however, not quite as funny as saying "Why the f**k ..." in Captain Pickard's voice in my head for most of these memes. :)

 

Also, Mike, leave your driver at home on Sunday, because the longest hole they have is only 615 ... it'll be useless there! ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How big is your drive?