or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Jeremie Boop)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Jeremie Boop) - Page 13

post #217 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Was just looking at the last dtl video I had done. Wanted to try to point out things I think are good and bad in it for feedback. The FO needs redone and hoping to get to the range tonight to do some new videos. Only thing that looked good on that was I was stopping my backswing at a good spot..

 

Record good new videos tonight and I'll have a look at them tomorrow and will post some thoughts.

 

It'll be good to see how the shorter backswing is "sticking."

post #218 of 515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Record good new videos tonight and I'll have a look at them tomorrow and will post some thoughts.

 

It'll be good to see how the shorter backswing is "sticking."

Unfortunately no go on the swing recording tonight, have a going away party for my nephew who's moving to North Carolina. I'll shoot for wednesday after work.

post #219 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Record good new videos tonight and I'll have a look at them tomorrow and will post some thoughts.

 

It'll be good to see how the shorter backswing is "sticking."

Unfortunately no go on the swing recording tonight, have a going away party for my nephew who's moving to North Carolina. I'll shoot for wednesday after work.

 

No practice balls in the backyard?

post #220 of 515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

 

No practice balls in the backyard?

Unfortunately no, that'll be a purchase this week also.

post #221 of 515
Thread Starter 

Ok, what I learned is I can't go basically a whole week without touching a club... Here we go. I screwed up the FO again, but it just cuts out the club head/ball area. I think it's clear that the ball isn't too far back though. Also, it seems like the shortened backswing has stayed consistent. Rip it up, I'm not happy with it really at this point.

 

 

edit: one thing I did notice is I'm doing a pretty good job with steady head and some better weight shift. Hopefully these videos are at least of sufficient quality to be reviewed.


Edited by Jeremie Boop - 7/16/14 at 10:40pm
post #222 of 515
Thread Starter 

Broke down and signed up for Evolvr. I'll keep this thread updated with what I'm told there. 

post #223 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Broke down and signed up for Evolvr. I'll keep this thread updated with what I'm told there. 

 

Very nice.  I want to do this as well.  Just not in my budget right now.  

 

Maybe I can swing it this winter when I am not paying to play golf.  That is if I can get something decent set up in my garage for hitting balls.

post #224 of 515
Thread Starter 

Yeah, I'm planning on setting up a decent hitting area in the garage if I can get it arranged right. That and a 2 camera set up to record dlt and fo at the same time. I figure it will be around 300 or 400 in stuff to get it all but priceless when it comes to being able to maintain and/or improve my swing through the winter instead of having to start all over again like I did this year. The most frustrating thing is how bad my flip has resurfaced. At the end of last year I had it mostly eliminated... In the swings I posted from last night the "feel isn't real" hits home so strongly because I was really trying to focus on not flipping in these swings and felt like I did well but it obviously not the case.

post #225 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Yeah, I'm planning on setting up a decent hitting area in the garage if I can get it arranged right. That and a 2 camera set up to record dlt and fo at the same time. I figure it will be around 300 or 400 in stuff to get it all but priceless when it comes to being able to maintain and/or improve my swing through the winter instead of having to start all over again like I did this year. The most frustrating thing is how bad my flip has resurfaced. At the end of last year I had it mostly eliminated... In the swings I posted from last night the "feel isn't real" hits home so strongly because I was really trying to focus on not flipping in these swings and felt like I did well but it obviously not the case.

 

I think hitting in the garage all winter will help me a lot.  As of know, I (to my eye) can get decent results hitting into the net.  As soon as I hit the range or course, where I can see ball flight, old habits creep back in because I am looking for results right away.  I think if I can ingrain some of these things in my swing all winter when I don't have a chance to hit outside, it will help me quite a bit.

post #226 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Broke down and signed up for Evolvr. I'll keep this thread updated with what I'm told there. 

 

I'm doing the same once I get access to a higher speed camera (Aug. 15th...counting down the days haha).

 

Swing looks waaay better than last year. You may not be seeing the results...but they'll come. I didn't see the results of my swing changes from last year until this season...

post #227 of 515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

I'm doing the same once I get access to a higher speed camera (Aug. 15th...counting down the days haha).

 

Swing looks waaay better than last year. You may not be seeing the results...but they'll come. I didn't see the results of my swing changes from last year until this season...

I initially wanted to wait until I got a better camera but even with using the iphone for now I get decent enough videos that I can get started.

post #228 of 515

Great move with Evolr @Jeremie Boop  I will not be far behind you ...

 

@Slice of Life I was worried about a camera, but I can submit from my iPhone apparently ... so no more excuses for me! 

post #229 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by isukgolf View Post
 

Great move with Evolr @Jeremie Boop  I will not be far behind you ...

 

@Slice of Life I was worried about a camera, but I can submit from my iPhone apparently ... so no more excuses for me! 

 

I've slowed down video from my Galaxy SIII...it's choppy. That, and my camera is damaged...so there are splotchy spots everywhere. Aug. 15th, I get a new phone...and the S5 records at 120 fps...which should be plenty fast.

 

EDIT: Now that I've moved into my new house, I also have an unfinished portion of the basement with tall enough ceilings and good lighting. This will work perfect in the winter.

post #230 of 515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

I've slowed down video from my Galaxy SIII...it's choppy. That, and my camera is damaged...so there are splotchy spots everywhere. Aug. 15th, I get a new phone...and the S5 records at 120 fps...which should be plenty fast.

 

EDIT: Now that I've moved into my new house, I also have an unfinished portion of the basement with tall enough ceilings and good lighting. This will work perfect in the winter.

Well that's going to be a lot more comfortable temperature wise than my garage will be but I'm not going to complain because at least I won't be outside.

post #231 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

I've slowed down video from my Galaxy SIII...it's choppy. That, and my camera is damaged...so there are splotchy spots everywhere. Aug. 15th, I get a new phone...and the S5 records at 120 fps...which should be plenty fast.

 

EDIT: Now that I've moved into my new house, I also have an unfinished portion of the basement with tall enough ceilings and good lighting. This will work perfect in the winter.

Well that's going to be a lot more comfortable temperature wise than my garage will be but I'm not going to complain because at least I won't be outside.

 

My garage is not heated either, but at least it is insulated.  For the most part it stays above freezing.

post #232 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Well that's going to be a lot more comfortable temperature wise than my garage will be but I'm not going to complain because at least I won't be outside.

 

Yeah, I didn't have it over the winter...and was in an apartment...so I didn't swing a club from September to June. 

post #233 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

I've slowed down video from my Galaxy SIII...it's choppy. That, and my camera is damaged...so there are splotchy spots everywhere. Aug. 15th, I get a new phone...and the S5 records at 120 fps...which should be plenty fast.

 

EDIT: Now that I've moved into my new house, I also have an unfinished portion of the basement with tall enough ceilings and good lighting. This will work perfect in the winter.

 

I'm jealous.

 

@Jeremie Boop - Based on our convo this morning in the Dayton thread, this video might be helpful to you.

 

post #234 of 515
Congrats on evolvr! I can't wait to join again in about 10-13 days as well! Can't wait to see what they have you workin on!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Jeremie Boop)