or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Jeremie Boop)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Jeremie Boop) - Page 25

post #433 of 515
Thread Starter 

Hit a 312 yard drive tonight, gps verified. 474 from tee and 162 from 2nd shot. The second par 5 I hit it about 302 ish. Both of those drives were baby fades. Several drives at 270-280s. A couple of older gentlemen invited me to play along with them and this was my first tee shot with them.... Also. I shot 90 tonight starting off with 2 8's on the first 2 par 4s. 49 and 41. 9 pars 9 not pars on the round rofl.

 

 

*edit* The older guys would not believe I am a 22 handicap. I think the fact I played 5 holes at 4 over and they saw that first drive skewed their judgment. They were trying to talk me into playing the skins game they play at another course that is handicapped, offered to pay for my skins entry and my round of golf for half of the skins winnings ROFL*

 

*edit 2* I had 6 par saves, my chipping is crazy good right now. *

post #434 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

Hit a 312 yard drive tonight, gps verified. 474 from tee and 162 from 2nd shot. The second par 5 I hit it about 302 ish. Both of those drives were baby fades. Several drives at 270-280s. A couple of older gentlemen invited me to play along with them and this was my first tee shot with them.... Also. I shot 90 tonight starting off with 2 8's on the first 2 par 4s. 49 and 41. 9 pars 9 not pars on the round rofl.


*edit* The older guys would not believe I am a 22 handicap. I think the fact I played 5 holes at 4 over and they saw that first drive skewed their judgment. They were trying to talk me into playing the skins game they play at another course that is handicapped, offered to pay for my skins entry and my round of golf for half of the skins winnings ROFL*

*edit 2* I had 6 par saves, my chipping is crazy good right now. *
Just make sure you do that in the Columbus scramble next week. =]
post #435 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post


Just make sure you do that in the Columbus scramble next week. =]

 

You and @Jeremie Boop playing in a scramble next week?

post #436 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

You and @Jeremie Boop playing in a scramble next week?


Yep. CDW outing at The Medallion Club in Columbus on Tuesday. My friend Billy had to back out if you're interested.

post #437 of 515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 


Yep. CDW outing at The Medallion Club in Columbus on Tuesday. My friend Billy had to back out if you're interested.

Rofl, I imagine there'd be no point in me bringing my driver with Matt along. But, we'd be in better positions most times with his drives anyway most likely.

post #438 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Rofl, I imagine there'd be no point in me bringing my driver with Matt along. But, we'd be in better positions most times with his drives anyway most likely.

 

 

Don't worry, I wont be able to make it. I really can't take off work, and I have to be back in the evening for my fantasy football draft :beer:

post #439 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Rofl, I imagine there'd be no point in me bringing my driver with Matt along. But, we'd be in better positions most times with his drives anyway most likely.


Scrambles are all about options. ;-)

post #440 of 515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

 

Don't worry, I wont be able to make it. I really can't take off work, and I have to be back in the evening for my fantasy football draft :beer:

Yeah, fantasy football, it's a priority haha

 

On a side note, is moss creek any good? I see on group golfer that they have a deal $17 for 18, cart, and range balls.

post #441 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Yeah, fantasy football, it's a priority haha

 

On a side note, is moss creek any good? I see on group golfer that they have a deal $17 for 18, cart, and range balls.


Nice layout. It's a Chi Chi signature course. They ran out of money in development and never finished the clubhouse. They still operate out a trailer. Condition of the course is pretty good though.

post #442 of 515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 


Nice layout. It's a Chi Chi signature course. They ran out of money in development and never finished the clubhouse. They still operate out a trailer. Condition of the course is pretty good though.

Probably definitely worth it for $17 at least. Although it is 1 hour and 20 minutes away....

post #443 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Probably definitely worth it for $17 at least. Although it is 1 hour and 20 minutes away....


$17 isn't bad if you're willing to make the trip.

post #444 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Yeah, fantasy football, it's a priority haha

 

On a side note, is moss creek any good? I see on group golfer that they have a deal $17 for 18, cart, and range balls.

 

It's kinda that bastardized version of American Link-ish. Holes really never run along side each other. The rough runs out into either corn fields or heather-ish rough. Its pretty flat, slightly mounding. It really isn't that impressive of a course. For $17 dollars it is a steal. 

post #445 of 515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

It's kinda that bastardized version of American Link-ish. Holes really never run along side each other. The rough runs out into either corn fields or heather-ish rough. Its pretty flat, slightly mounding. It really isn't that impressive of a course. For $17 dollars it is a steal. 

So, there aren't any good bail out areas for me and wayward tee shots are going to be gone?

post #446 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

So, there aren't any good bail out areas for me and wayward tee shots are going to be gone?

 

It isn't that tight. I would say you got at least about 100 yards from OB to OB on majority of the holes were that comes into play. 

post #447 of 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

It isn't that tight. I would say you got at least about 100 yards from OB to OB on majority of the holes were that comes into play. 


Which means you are in BIG trouble. :-P

post #448 of 515
Thread Starter 

Got my new evolvr back from the videos from Erie. 2 things mentioned and only one is really something that is "major".  The minor was I was a touch close to the ball at address. The major was that I'm rotating a big flat with my arms * think that's an accurate way to explain *. Picture of what he wants to see:

In a nutshell he would like my arms to be where the blue line is in order to get my right arm "unstuck" from my side and keep the club from crossing the line at the top. This is another good thing I can work on with just using a dtl video angle and working on the feel that = real to hit that position. I am really looking forward to this because that type of work has really helped me and been a lot easier to get changes to stick.

post #449 of 515
Were you told to out the key3 drills on hold while you get this straightened out? Or to work on both at the same time?

Is this piece related to that or a new thing that had popped up?
post #450 of 515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post

Were you told to out the key3 drills on hold while you get this straightened out? Or to work on both at the same time?

Is this piece related to that or a new thing that had popped up?

This is directly related to the key 3 issue. Everything I've been working on has been to address the key 3 issue in some way, each has been a small step to fix the issue. The sliding hips, the more upright posture, and now the arm position on the backswing. Each piece has helped improve the flip a little bit at a time. Just decided to do a quick check of what the feel should be for this position and it actually was pretty easy and instinctive feel for these practice backswings. I'll keep working on getting the feeling down then work on hitting some shots to see if it translates to actual swings or if I'll need to find a different feel for hitting shots.

 

 

 

*edit* One crazy thing I notice is that getting into this position also helped keep my wrist more flat at the top of my backswing too... I don't know if this is coincidence or directly related. I'll have to mow tonight and tomorrow I'll hit some balls while recording dtl to see how well this translates to full swings.


Edited by Jeremie Boop - 8/23/14 at 11:48am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Jeremie Boop)