or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Jeremie Boop)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Jeremie Boop) - Page 4

post #55 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Just curious, how does that stop an arm swing? I'm not interested in buying any "training aides" though, just not sure how that would help. For me it's simple to not arm swing as long as I focus on turning my right shoulder back to start the backswing. I am not sure if I'll go to the range tonight or do the *executive* course near work when I leave. That would give me a better idea of where my distances are and it's usually so dead on that part of the course I could play multiple shots which could give me the same effect as going to the range and hitting balls.

 

I think it would more or less help keep the arms "connected".  I have tried hitting shots with a small rubber ball (kids toy) squeezed between my forearms, and had good results.  You could try this as well.

post #56 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

 

I think it would more or less help keep the arms "connected".  I have tried hitting shots with a small rubber ball (kids toy) squeezed between my forearms, and had good results.  You could try this as well.


Yes. I think the idea is to keep the "triangle" which encourages your shoulders to turn.

 

Added: I believe this is in Hogan book 5 Lessons.

post #57 of 279
Thread Starter 
If I have trouble I'll give that a shot.
post #58 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

If I have trouble I'll give that a shot.

 

Soooo......you will give it a shot???   :-P

post #59 of 279
Thread Starter 
Not the crazy s&m looking device though ha
post #60 of 279
Thread Starter 

Cardinal sin, worked on my swing during the round at league.... was going decent but the wheels came off last 3 holes and tripled them all because of lost balls. I lost 6 golf balls last night in 9 holes. First hole was just bad alignment or push shot ended up in the pond that runs the right side of the fairway. 2nd lost ball was a snap hook into long native grass. 3rd lost ball never should have been a lost ball, it was headed towards another tee that nobody was at originally but apparently they had pulled up after I hit the ball but before I could get over there to let them know it was mine. I think they picked up my ball but can't be sure so... Still ended up with a par on that hole because I made like a 30 foot putt that that should have been a birdie. 4th lost ball was another push that ended up in another area of long grass. 5th lost ball, I've no clue how this ball disappeared on me. I chunked an approach shot just over top of a short pine and when I went around the pine the ball was nowhere, not under the pine, not around it not further ahead just gone... Last lost ball was just a matter of looking up during a pitch over the creek to see how great the shot was, we all know how well that works out. My putting was pretty good 3 one putts and 6 two putts, chipping was acceptable. This year is rough because I haven't been able to get to the range or the course nearly as much as last year and nowhere near as much as I should. I'm not sure what to do right now, maybe I should just accept my swing as it is until I can actually work on it they way it needs to be done.

post #61 of 279

A 2 sleeve nine... no bueno.

post #62 of 279
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 

A 2 sleeve nine... no bueno.

Yeah, considering 2 of them had no right/reason to be lost because the area they were in wasn't deep rough or had anything that would have been able to hide the ball. It's just stupid, that's 12 strokes lost which basically would have put me at 39 instead of 51. I'm at a loss as to what to do, I either have to deal with golfing bad or I have to find some way to make time and funds available to go to the range a lot more.

post #63 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Yeah, considering 2 of them had no right/reason to be lost because the area they were in wasn't deep rough or had anything that would have been able to hide the ball. It's just stupid, that's 12 strokes lost which basically would have put me at 39 instead of 51. I'm at a loss as to what to do, I either have to deal with golfing bad or I have to find some way to make time and funds available to go to the range a lot more.


Sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself to score well.

post #64 of 279
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 


Sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself to score well.

Not necessarily while I'm playing. I feel like I'm doing a good job of taking each shot as it comes and forgetting about the previous ones. But after the round when I see the score that's when I get frustrated. It could all just be a matter of thinking I am or could be better than how I am golfing right now. Last year I put in a lot of time at the range and played a lot more rounds of golf, unfortunately this year is not working out as well for me in that respect. I am notoriously hard on myself when it comes to things of this nature though.

post #65 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Not necessarily while I'm playing. I feel like I'm doing a good job of taking each shot as it comes and forgetting about the previous ones. But after the round when I see the score that's when I get frustrated. It could all just be a matter of thinking I am or could be better than how I am golfing right now. Last year I put in a lot of time at the range and played a lot more rounds of golf, unfortunately this year is not working out as well for me in that respect. I am notoriously hard on myself when it comes to things of this nature though.

 

Practice is definitely essential. It's the same with drumming. If I put down the sticks for a while, I notice a huge difference. Sometimes I just need to play single and double stroke rolls on a practice pad just to keep the muscles and coordination in tune so to speak. Have you considered a net / mat to hit into at home? My goal is to hit 100 balls 4-5 times a week at least. That's in addition to playing.

post #66 of 279
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 

 

Practice is definitely essential. It's the same with drumming. If I put down the sticks for a while, I notice a huge difference. Sometimes I just need to play single and double stroke rolls on a practice pad just to keep the muscles and coordination in tune so to speak. Have you considered a net / mat to hit into at home? My goal is to hit 100 balls 4-5 times a week at least. That's in addition to playing.

I've no place to really put something like that right now. My fear about hitting into a net is I could be ingraining bad habits because I don't see the flight path.

post #67 of 279

Do mirror work and do things slowly. Great way to practice is with out hitting golf balls. 

post #68 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

I've no place to really put something like that right now. My fear about hitting into a net is I could be ingraining bad habits because I don't see the flight path.


Sounds like the range for you then. Or perhaps you just need to work on your mental game. ;-)

post #69 of 279
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

Do mirror work and do things slowly. Great way to practice is with out hitting golf balls. 

Haha, no full length mirrors in my house! And that's with 3 women in the house too, crazy right?

post #70 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Haha, no full length mirrors in my house! And that's with 3 women in the house too, crazy right?


Get one and tell your wife it's for her. BONUS POINTS! :banana:

post #71 of 279
Thread Starter 

Went to the range, hit about 200 balls. Started off by hitting about 30 balls with really slow takeaway keeping in position and stopping at just about 1/3 swing and coming back through. Keeping my follow through short and making sure I didn't break my wrists at all. Was probably a little better than 50/50 close to 60/40 good to bad shots. Noticed I was hitting a lot of straight draws so I opened the face and was hitting pretty consistent push draws for awhile. Really focused mainly on keeping my takeaway better keeping the club head from coming inside too soon. I was really getting the feeling of the top of my backswing being high and the downswing "falling into the slot". Went through most of my clubs making sure to hit some good shots with each before switching clubs. One of the big benefits of focusing on my takeaway was it slowed my tempo a bit. Most of my bad shots were either due to a quick takeaway or overly fast transition at the top. Just need to do it about 100 more times and I might start breaking into the 90's again heh.

post #72 of 279
Thread Starter 

I was just curious, I'm working on recording myself doing slow motion swings and trying to make sure I'm hitting the correct positions. How high should my hands be at the top of the backswing ideally? I feel like I'm kind of flat right now but I don't want to change it if I'm not.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Jeremie Boop)