or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Women's US Open Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Women's US Open Discussion Thread - Page 2

post #19 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrew View Post

That's awesome. I'm thinking she's working on her shoulder turn by taking the lower half out of the swing...? 

 

Who knows? The average woman doesn't turn her hips much on the backswing, then spins them like crazy on the downswing.

post #20 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrew View Post

That's awesome. I'm thinking she's working on her shoulder turn by taking the lower half out of the swing...? 

On the YouTube channel, there's other videos of her swinging left/opposite handed and other things not part of your typical practice session. I'm not sure if she's doing an impromptu clinic or just having fun with the crowd or just part of her routine to make things interesting.
post #21 of 117

I think this is the first LPGA event I've fully followed and watched. I'm convinced. Not only can these girls play some great golf, but a lot of them are very attractive. I don't think I'll be so quick to change the channel when it comes on in the future. 

post #22 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrew View Post

I think this is the first LPGA event I've fully followed and watched. I'm convinced. Not only can these girls play some great golf, but a lot of them are very attractive. I don't think I'll be so quick to change the channel when it comes on in the future. 

I have been telling this to people for years.

Also, when the tour comes to your area you should give it a shot. You will have a great time.

post #23 of 117

Here are the second round leaders:

1 Inbee Park -9
2 In-Kyung Kim -7
T3 Lizette Salas -4
T3 Jodi Ewart Shadoff -4
T5 Angela Stanford -3
T5 Jessica Korda -3
T7 So Yeon Ryu -2 -
T7 Anna Nordqvist -2
T9 Ha-Neul Kim -1
T9 Caroline Hedwall -1
T11 Haeji Kang E
T11 Cristie Kerr E
T11 Lindy Duncan E
T11 Brittany Lincicome E
T11 Jennifer Rosales E
T11 Soo-Jin Yang E
T17 Brittany Lang +1
T17 Paula Creamer +1
T17 Catriona Matthew +1
T17 Lexi Thompson +1
T17 Karine Icher +1
T17 Ryann O'Toole +1

For full results:
http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/06/us-open-preview-pairings.html


 

post #24 of 117

Here are the leaders after 3 rounds:
1 Inbee Park -10
2 In-Kyung Kim -6
3 Jodi Ewart Shadoff -3
T4 So Yeon Ryu -1
T4 Angela Stanford -1
T6 Paula Creamer +1
T6 Jessica Korda +1
T8 Ai Miyazato +2
T8 Brittany Lang +2
T8 Brittany Lincicome +2
T8 Cristie Kerr +2
T12 Karrie Webb +3

For complete scoreboard:
http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/06/us-open-preview-pairings.html


 

post #25 of 117
Jessica Kirda reportedly fired her caddie after the 9th hole today. Her boyfriend grabbed the bag for the back nine.
post #26 of 117

Saw that in this morning's news.  He is a Web.com player.

post #27 of 117
Thread Starter 

I was curious how the Men's and Women's US Open compared with respect to par and winning score, my original question was "Does the USGA tend to protect par more for one of the events?"

 

Since 1946, the sum of the scores of the champion for women is +1, for men, -112.

 

But for the past 20 years, it's -82 for women, -47 for men.

For the past 40 years, -105, -123

 

Here are the numbers if you want to double check. There are 2 fewer entries for women because the first WUSO was match play and the current championship isn't over yet. I got them from Wikipedia.

 

W

M

-7

1

-3

1

-3

-16

0

0

-9

-4

-5

-1

0

5

3

5

-10

0

-1

-4

-4

-8

-7

-3

-6

-4

-16

-12

6

-1

-10

0

-8

-4

-2

-2

-7

0

-4

-5

0

-8

-1

-3

-4

-6

-2

-8

-7

-2

-3

-6

-1

-3

-8

-1

2

-1

6

-4

-5

-4

-9

-6

-4

-7

0

-8

5

0

4

1

8

-2

7

-3

7

3

2

7

11

-5

0

2

-1

0

6

-7

5

1

6

-5

9

-5

2

-2

-3

2

-3

-2

13

9

5

-1

4

1

-1

-4

-2

2

7

3

11

2

11

1

3

7

10

4

8

-5

5

1

9

7

-9

7

0

2

-9

-8

 

-2

 

-4

1

-112

 

post #28 of 117

I've tried watching this Open for the last couple of days, but it's a snooze fest.  The leaders don't have any personality to speak of, and after watching the beat down at Merion, the course they're playing looks like it's set up about as hard as a local muni.  The greens are slow, the fairways are huge.

 

It will be interesting to watch the women play Pinehurst #2 next year right after the men's Open.  They'll obviously be moved up quite a bit, but hopefully the USGA won't change the rough or the greens in the few days leading to the women's Open.

 

Back to watching the Colonial.

post #29 of 117

Man, Inbee Park is incredible.

 

With that said, I just can't even look at her. I know it sounds mean, but it's a good thing she's really good at golf...

 

I know I'm an a-hole b2_tongue.gif

post #30 of 117

The only problem with this event is the leaderboard. Park is 5 strokes ahead of Kim and 8 strokes ahead of Ryu. Any tournament isn't going to be that exciting to watch when there's that much of a gap between first and third. 

 

The AT&T is a bit ruined because I already know Haas wins. That's the problem with delayed broadcasts. 

post #31 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrew View Post

The only problem with this event is the leaderboard. Park is 5 strokes ahead of Kim and 8 strokes ahead of Ryu. Any tournament isn't going to be that exciting to watch when there's that much of a gap between first and third. 

 

The AT&T is a bit ruined because I already know Haas wins. That's the problem with delayed broadcasts. 

 

YOOOOOOUUUU RUINED ITTTT!!!! c1_cursing.gif

post #32 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

It will be interesting to watch the women play Pinehurst #2 next year right after the men's Open.  They'll obviously be moved up quite a bit, but hopefully the USGA won't change the rough or the greens in the few days leading to the women's Open.

 

There's no rough at Pinehurst #2 these days. Just the "scrubby sandy areas."

post #33 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrew View Post

The AT&T is a bit ruined because I already know ********* wins. That's the problem with delayed broadcasts. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

YOOOOOOUUUU RUINED ITTTT!!!! c1_cursing.gif

Agreed!  Uncool dude!  Not everybody who's watching the AT&T realizes its tape delayed, and further, many that do and are still watching it aren't keen to find out how won ahead of time.  Lastly, I didn't think that clicking on a link for the US WOMENS Open was going to spoil the men's tournament this week.  Go figure ... guess I'll flip back to the seniors. :)

 

(I went ahead and censored out the name you wrote for my quoting of your post.  So anybody who reads this first and doesn't want to know ... DONT SCROLL UP!!!!!!!!!

post #34 of 117

My apologies. I tried to edit and censor the name. 

post #35 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrew View Post

My apologies. I tried to edit and censor the name. 

No worries!  I'm mostly just giving you a hard time. ;)

post #36 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

No worries!  I'm mostly just giving you a hard time. ;)

 

Same here, I already saw who won. c2_beer.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Women's US Open Discussion Thread