or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA)

TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA) - Page 13

post #217 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

http://www.navygc.com/

Anyone play here? Apparently this is the course Tiger grew up playing.

 

I'm confused, though.  Cruisers are bigger ships than destroyers, yet the big course is the Destroyer and the executive course is the Cruiser.  Hmmmm . . . 

post #218 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

http://www.navygc.com/

Anyone play here? Apparently this is the course Tiger grew up playing.

 

I play here almost every weekend. Its about 2 blocks from my house. Really a good challenge. Pretty well kept. Very fair rates. There is a lot of wind because you are right next to a runway. So some holes can play pretty difficult. Seems like wind is always in your face. Water plays on most of the holes. A decent amount of trees. Any more questions you can message me.

post #219 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post
 

 

I'm confused, though.  Cruisers are bigger ships than destroyers, yet the big course is the Destroyer and the executive course is the Cruiser.  Hmmmm . . .

 

The cruiser is actually one of the toughest executives I have played. I would say about 7 easy holes but they have one par 3 that's like 230 dogleg with water on the right. Its ridiculious. But I think Destroyer just sounds more intimidating and can destroy you. Cruiser is fairly easy besides 3 and 4.

post #220 of 379
Thread Starter 

Well...

 

Just an update on the actual outing (since that's what this thread is suppose to be about)...

 

I'm off on Tuesday and Wednesday so I will be calling the course and letting them know how many we have and giving the deposit. If you will be joining us and haven't yet said so PLEASE do so soon.

 

There have been a lot of posts recently, so here are the details once again so you guys don't have to dig through the thread looking for them.

 

Date: Sunday, October 13th

Location: Oak Quarry, Riverside, CA

Price: $85

Time: 8 AM

 

Everybody will be able to pay at the course so no worries there. Once we are closer to the date (a week or so out) we'll worry about teams and format, although I'm thinking that the modified stableford we played the last few times is good.

post #221 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

Date: Sunday, October 13th
Location: Oak Quarry, Riverside, CA
Price: $85
Time: 8 AM

Everybody will be able to pay at the course so no worries there. Once we are closer to the date (a week or so out) we'll worry about teams and format, although I'm thinking that the modified stableford we played the last few times is good.

It would be nice if you can make a running list of participants like the last three times, so we know if we are confirmed or not.
post #222 of 379
I just had my latest HCP adjustment. I'm a 32 now. Are we playing for money??
post #223 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

I just had my latest HCP adjustment. I'm a 32 now. Are we playing for money??

Only if you play left handed with your right arm in a cast. b2_tongue.gif

You can borrow some of my older clubs.
post #224 of 379

Modified stableford sounds good to me.  I'm a 12.5 as of the most current revision (this morning).  I guess it doesn't matter so much right now since we will have another revision a full 13 days before the event, but you gotta put something on the prospective roster, right?

post #225 of 379
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

It would be nice if you can make a running list of participants like the last three times, so we know if we are confirmed or not.

Ask and you shall receive; here is the current list of who has "officially" confirmed that they will be there:

 

1. tristanhilton85 (+1)

2. mvmac

3. GolfingDad

4. BeachComber (+1)

5. bplewis24

6. Lihu (+1)

7. k-troop (+1)

8. pakoh

9. Hacker101 (+2)

10. jefkve

 

With the +1s, that puts us at 16 players, also in the thread we've heard from jimdangles, carrx, and golfswine, but they haven't actually confirmed. If you guys are going please let us know. Beach also said that he might be +4 and Lihu may have another +1 as well. With those three members and the additional +1s, we'd be at 23. If there are any other +1s please let us know soon.

 

The only member that made it last time that we haven't heard from yet is mdl. I'll send out some PMs in a bit and see if anybody else is going.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
 

Modified stableford sounds good to me.  I'm a 12.5 as of the most current revision (this morning).  I guess it doesn't matter so much right now since we will have another revision a full 13 days before the event, but you gotta put something on the prospective roster, right?

Not quite worried about getting the handicaps yet, as you said we'll all have another full revision before we play. However, if any of the guys don't have a handicap, please start trying to figure out what it should be. Take note of your last handful of scores and where you played and plug it into one of the online calculators or something so we have an accurate number for you.

 

After the first I'll start getting the handicap info for everybody and making the groupings.

post #226 of 379
I have confirmed +1.

+3 may be likely. The fourth is on vaca and will not be able to make it.

I'll firm it up soon.
post #227 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I have confirmed +1.

+3 may be likely. The fourth is on vaca and will not be able to make it.

I'll firm it up soon.

Why is your potential fourth on a cow? Seems like an odd thing to do.
post #228 of 379

CAN"T WAIT! Will update my handicap after this weekend. Should come down a bit...

post #229 of 379
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefkve View Post
 

CAN"T WAIT! Will update my handicap after this weekend. Should come down a bit...

 

Good to hear that you're making progress in your game... also good to hear that we won't have to give you so many strokes. 

:-P

post #230 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
 

 

Good to hear that you're making progress in your game... also good to hear that we won't have to give you so many strokes. 

:-P

Don't get your hopes up too high. Playing Shore Cliffs Sunday afternoon. With either be awesome or awful. We shall see....

post #231 of 379

Getting excited here!  You guys realize it's only 3 weeks from this coming Sunday?!?!?!?

 

Jeff, I want to hear your thoughts on Shorecliffs after you play it.  It is right around the corner from my office, and I use their range sometimes in lieu of Talega because they have a small section of grass, but I haven't actually played that course in 15 years.  I remember it being pretty cruddy, but that was a long time ago.

post #232 of 379

I would be excited if I was hitting the ball better.

post #233 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
 

I would be excited if I was hitting the ball better.

 

 

Says the guy who shot a net 62 (I am going off of memory here) in our last outing!

 

Have a blast guys, sorry I can't join you on this one. FYI to anyone who is interested, though. Tukwet Canyon - the course in Beaumont where we held the April outing - is offering a "groupon" type deal that seems pretty good. $37 for unlimited golf for a day. The only catch is that you have to use it M-F. Technically you can use it on the weekends, but they restrict from teeing off before 11am. I'm going to buy it and try to get in 36 before daylight savings. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the link.

post #234 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I would be excited if I was hitting the ball better.

If you're anything like me, today's round in no way foreshadows tomorrow's, much less what could happen 3 weeks from now. BTW the 13 October outing will be my next round of golf.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA)