or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA)

TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA) - Page 16

post #271 of 379
When are we teeing off? Some of us have to drive a ways.
post #272 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

Sounds good to me. I want to head out earlier with my son this time.

 

Now, where?

 

Looking at the map now.  I prefer to be as close to the course as possible, and there is a Denny's off the 10 and off the 60, right nearby the course.  I think my hotel is on the 10 side, but I wouldn't mind meeting at the one on the other side at all.  There is also some place called Billy J's.  Anybody familiar with it?  http://www.billyjs.com/3043/3064.html  They don't open until 7AM, which is cutting it close to have breakfast and get to the course in time to warm up.  Denny's may be the safest bet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

When are we teeing off? Some of us have to drive a ways.
 
First tee time is 8AM (see below).
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
 

Date: Sunday, October 13th

Location: Oak Quarry, Riverside, CA

Price: $85

Time: 8 AM

 

Everybody will be able to pay at the course so no worries there. Once we are closer to the date (a week or so out) we'll worry about teams and format, although I'm thinking that the modified stableford we played the last few times is good.

post #273 of 379
For warm up... For those who haven't been to OQ, the first tee and range are up the hill away from the clubhouse. The carts will line up on the path between the range and putting green, and you can hear the starter call your group from the practice tee. Good because you don't have to allocate time to warm up and then drive to the tee and wait to be called--you can go straight from the range to the first tee.
post #274 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I've already made plans to meet up with some hash browns for breakfast, so I suggest you guys show up! Colin, you gonna be there?

 

 

Brandon, I'm probably gonna have to pass on breakfast this time. My wife and I have an event the night before and probably won't be getting to bed till close till midnight. With an hour drive to the course, I'm going to need every hour of sleep I can muster! Look forward to seeing you guys at the course.

post #275 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Looking at the map now.  I prefer to be as close to the course as possible, and there is a Denny's off the 10 and off the 60, right nearby the course.  I think my hotel is on the 10 side, but I wouldn't mind meeting at the one on the other side at all.  There is also some place called Billy J's.  Anybody familiar with it?  http://www.billyjs.com/3043/3064.html  They don't open until 7AM, which is cutting it close to have breakfast and get to the course in time to warm up.  Denny's may be the safest bet.
I'm in. You thinking what ... About 6:30?
post #276 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post


I'm in. You thinking what ... About 6:30?

 

Yeah, 6:45 at the latest.  But I plan on being somewhere around 6:30.

post #277 of 379
Thread Starter 

I'll try to make it to the breakfast but I'm not sure if I can make it or not (depends on my guest)... we're planning on the Denny's off which freeway?

post #278 of 379
Thread Starter 

This time next week we will all be on the course!

 

Here is an updated list; currently we have 15 players:

 

1. mvmac

2. tristanhilton85 +1

3. Beachcomber +1

4. Golfingdad

5. pakoh

6. bplewis24

7. Big C

8. k-troop +1

9. Lihu +1

10. jefkve

11. RomanHamburg

 

Obviously if we could get one more that would be ideal as we'd have 4 foursomes. Anybody hear from mdl or Jimdangles?

 

I'll be putting the groupings together soon.

post #279 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

This time next week we will all be on the course!

Here is an updated list; currently we have 15 players:

1. mvmac
2. tristanhilton85 +1
3. Beachcomber +1
4. Golfingdad
5. pakoh
6. bplewis24
7. Big C
8. k-troop +1
9. Lihu +1
10. jefkve
11. RomanHamburg

Obviously if we could get one more that would be ideal as we'd have 4 foursomes. Anybody hear from mdl or Jimdangles?

I'll be putting the groupings together soon.
Beach, are you counting Libby as your +1? He said he's coming right?
post #280 of 379
I'd like to play if it's not too late
post #281 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfSwine View Post

I'd like to play if it's not too late

 

Good timing! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

 

Here is an updated list; currently we have 15 players:

 

1. mvmac

2. tristanhilton85 +1

3. Beachcomber +1

4. Golfingdad

5. pakoh

6. bplewis24

7. Big C

8. k-troop +1

9. Lihu +1

10. jefkve

11. RomanHamburg

 

Obviously if we could get one more that would be ideal as we'd have 4 foursomes. Anybody hear from mdl or Jimdangles?

post #282 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
 

 

Yeah, 6:45 at the latest.  But I plan on being somewhere around 6:30.

 

Which one did you guys decide?

post #283 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

For warm up... For those who haven't been to OQ, the first tee and range are up the hill away from the clubhouse. The carts will line up on the path between the range and putting green, and you can hear the starter call your group from the practice tee. Good because you don't have to allocate time to warm up and then drive to the tee and wait to be called--you can go straight from the range to the first tee.

 

I don't know if that is good, or bad?

:dance: 

post #284 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I don't know if that is good, or bad?
c3_clap.gif  

Guess it depends on whether you need to shake off bad memories from the practice tee. First tee at OQ is a 5i to a driver, depending on how aggressive you are and how confident you are with your wedges. Last (and first) time I played it I lipped out for eagle from the green side bunker. a1_smile.gif
post #285 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Which one did you guys decide?
Let's do 6:30
post #286 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
 

I'll try to make it to the breakfast but I'm not sure if I can make it or not (depends on my guest)... we're planning on the Denny's off which freeway?

 

The one off the 60 seems closer: 

Denny's, 6875 Valley Way, Rubidoux, CA 92509

post #287 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

For warm up... For those who haven't been to OQ, the first tee and range are up the hill away from the clubhouse. The carts will line up on the path between the range and putting green, and you can hear the starter call your group from the practice tee. Good because you don't have to allocate time to warm up and then drive to the tee and wait to be called--you can go straight from the range to the first tee.

This is something I definitely need.

What time should we get to the driving range/starting position?
post #288 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

This is something I definitely need.

What time should we get to the driving range/starting position?
That depends how much you want to warm up. Troop was just pointing out that the time it will take to get from the practice area to the starter is, literally, zero seconds. For me, if I'm at the range 30 min prior, that's going to be more than enough time.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA)