or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Best Tip That Worked For Me...Coming over Inside Foot on the Downswing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Tip That Worked For Me...Coming over Inside Foot on the Downswing

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 

I've been struggling with slicing the driver and not feeling confident that my iron shots would go in the direction I wanted them to go for a couple of years now, but one drill has literally made all the difference (and god knows i've read all the magazines and watched endless videos that all said the same thing...swing out to first base, but that rarely worked consistently).  I watched a video about getting a feeling like your hands and club on the downswing feel like they are coming over the right foot on the downswing (promoting that inside to out, on plane swing).  After about a month of getting that feeling to be consistent, I literally never slice or shank, and about 80% of the time get the ball to go in the direction I want it to go, and the other 20% are misses I would expect to miss and know where it's going to end up.  I've take the right side of any hole out play, and its nice to finally be able to say that. 

 

What i've recently disovered, and what works for me, is how to consistently hit a draw and fade pretty routinely.  For a draw, I close the club face slightly and really feel like im coming in over the top of my shoe laces, where as with a fade, I move the ball slightly forward in the stance, open the club face slightly, and feel like im coming over the front of my foot.  With the draw, its just feels like im coming more inside and I dont have to swing as hard.  With a fade, it's a little bit harder swing but it works.

 

8 years now playing this game (started late at the age of 26) and now this trick is revealed.  Anybody got Doc Brown's number cuz him and me gotta talk about going back in time?

 

Wanted to know if this essentially is what more experienced find to be true, or if anyone else has tried this and gotten similar results?

post #2 of 4

Interesting.  Care to share the video?  Youtube?

post #3 of 4

You just gave me something new to try on the range.

post #4 of 4

If I actively thought about that while swinging I'd run my 6i right into my ankle.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Best Tip That Worked For Me...Coming over Inside Foot on the Downswing