or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › putter head-cover
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

putter head-cover - Page 2

post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

So I've gotta ask: why ask us if you were not going to be convinced, despite a 3-0 (or more) vote?


Agreed.....

post #20 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I'm not much of an e-bay person, but I understand that feedback is a big deal on there ... so I don't think this is right of you.  The person advertised a putter and sold you a putter and you paid for a putter and you received a putter ... why would you think its fair to give them negative feedback for not including something that they never advertised?

Chalk it up to a lesson learned the hard way - that you can't assume anything - and admit its your own fault and move on.

Bingo. The fault lies with the buyer. Ask questions next time. Heck I will often ask if something is included even if it is in the pictures, just to be sure.
post #21 of 41

I can kind of understand where the OP is coming from but if it's not listed in the description, you can't assume that it is going to come with it. I've sold my share of putters (and woods) on eBay and always mention in the description whether or not the headcover is included. It sucks that you didn't get it but not the seller didn't do anything wrong.

 

Also, since you mentioned it a couple times, I see nothing in the item description that you posted that makes it seem like the the balls you got would be one of the better models... He said new Callaway balls and that's what you got. 

post #22 of 41

If it was from a big box club seller like 3balls, globalgolf, dallasgolf, 2ndswing, they usually specify if a head cover is included as part of their ad.  You can usually assume if there aren't any pictures of the head-cover then one isn't included.  What I've found is some sell the putter and head-cover separately to make more money.  You can usually get a new head-cover for $20 - $30 (non-SC) so if you got a great deal on it and want the original head cover just buy one on eBay. 

 

As for the seller misrepresenting the putter, sorry it's 4-0, you should have asked if you didn't see one specified or a picture of it in the ad. 

post #23 of 41

I am sorry, but I don't see anywhere where it says the putter is "brand new"--see my highlights below.  The only thing it says is that it has a brand new grip, and it is in brand new "condition".

I don't want to throw a cold water on your party, but I seriously doubt the putter itself is "brand new"--i.e., never used.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwestner View Post

the item was sold as "new", not "new other", but new, which according to ebay definitions is basically equal to something you would buy at a store in person which if this were the case would include the headcover......

 

below is the ad for the putter, in the item description or in any other part it never mentions anything about the headcover:

 

HERE WE HAVE A RARE RIGHT HANDED ODYSSEY BLACK SERIES  # 1 WIDE  34" PUTTER WITH THE ODYSSEY FACTORY BLACK SERIES STAINLESS STEEL SHAFT AND A BRAND NEW ODYSSEY  BLACK SERIES GRIP. ON THIS PUTTER SOLE IT SAYS BLACK SERIES  TOUR DESIGN # 1 WIDE 350 G. THIS  RARE ODYSSEY BLACK SERIES TOUR DESIGN # 1 WIDE 34" PUTTER IS IN BRAND NEW CONDITION WITH THE LENGTH STICKER AND SHAFT LABEL STILL IN IT. THE BUYER WILL BE VERY PLEASED! WOULD MAKE AN EXCELLENT FATHER'S DAY ,GRAD OR BIRTHDAY GIFT IDEA FOR THE ODYSSEY GOLFER IN THE HOUSE!!! THE RETAIL LIST NEW ON THIS PUTTER WAS $299.95! I WILL INCLUDE SOME FREE BRAND NEW CALLAWAY GOLF BALLS WITH THIS RARE MINTY NEW ODYSSEY BLACK SERIES TOUR DESIGN # 1 WIDE 34" PUTTER ! PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR MORE GREAT CALLAWAY GOLFING GIFT IDEAS  ETC.!! BUYER PAYS 16.99 FORE 2-3 DAY AIR SHIPPING INCLUDING ,DELIVERY CONFIRMATION AND INSURANCE IN THE UNITED STATES ELSEWHERE HIGHER. WE ACCEPT PAYPAL. PLEASE BID WITH CONFIDENCE ,I;VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A LONG TIME !!!PLEASE EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS. GOOD LUCK AND GOOD BIDDING !!!!!!!!!

post #24 of 41

If you take "u" and "me" out of the word assume - what's left?

post #25 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwestner View Post


 

So we'll see.  If he/she is a jerk about it then I always have the option of leaving negative feedback.....

Thats not what feedback is for.  Its not the seller's fault that you assumed the headcover was included when it didnt say in the listing that it was.  Its people like who leave negative feedback for no good reason.

post #26 of 41
I just don't see the big deal about a head cover in the first place, myself. I mean, you seem extra pissed about this.

First world problems for sure.

Having said that, good luck on getting a headcover!
post #27 of 41
The sale was for a putter, not a putter including cover.
The seller is obviously not a Callaway dealer, so I'd be going by the description, which makes no mention of a cover.
Having said that, I always say "sorry, no headcover" in my listings.
The good news is you have purchased what is quite possibly the best feeling putter available at any price.
post #28 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari View Post

I am sorry, but I don't see anywhere where it says the putter is "brand new"--see my highlights below.  The only thing it says is that it has a brand new grip, and it is in brand new "condition".

I don't want to throw a cold water on your party, but I seriously doubt the putter itself is "brand new"--i.e., never used.

 

 

If you look at the listing where you have to select the item condition it was sold as "new".  Per the Ebay guidelines as I have already copied/pasted, "new" is meant to be a brand new item just like you would get from a retailer/store/etc.

post #29 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer View Post

Thats not what feedback is for.  Its not the seller's fault that you assumed the headcover was included when it didnt say in the listing that it was.  Its people like who leave negative feedback for no good reason.

 

Did you read what I posted from Ebay?  The definitions of what a "new" item is supposed to be?  According to Ebay an item that is sold as "new" is supposed to be brand new, unused, unopened, and like you would buy at a retail store.

 

I got a response from the seller who was very nice about it.  Many people that I have talked to have said that they've never seen this issue come up since they've always seen it mentioned if a putter is being sold and the head cover is not being included.  The seller admitted to me that while the putter is new in a sense that based on the definition he probably should have listed it as "new-other" and I admitted that I should have asked.

 

I started this to see what people would think and it's clear that most/all would have asked first.  So I was wrong, while I've purchased a lot from Ebay it's only been since late 2012.  Although I believe that if an item is being sold as "new" and the definition of "new" in my opinion would include a headcover unless otherwise noted, I will ask from here on out every single time.

post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwestner View Post

 

Did you read what I posted from Ebay?  The definitions of what a "new" item is supposed to be?  According to Ebay an item that is sold as "new" is supposed to be brand new, unused, unopened, and like you would buy at a retail store.

 

I got a response from the seller who was very nice about it.  Many people that I have talked to have said that they've never seen this issue come up since they've always seen it mentioned if a putter is being sold and the head cover is not being included.  The seller admitted to me that while the putter is new in a sense that based on the definition he probably should have listed it as "new-other" and I admitted that I should have asked.

 

I started this to see what people would think and it's clear that most/all would have asked first.  So I was wrong, while I've purchased a lot from Ebay it's only been since late 2012.  Although I believe that if an item is being sold as "new" and the definition of "new" in my opinion would include a headcover unless otherwise noted, I will ask from here on out every single time.


Exactly.  When it comes to Ebay, assume nothing and ask everything.  There are no dumb questions, only dumb people who dont ask questions, make assumptions and then arent happy with their item arrives. a2_wink.gif

post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwestner View Post

 

If you look at the listing where you have to select the item condition it was sold as "new".  Per the Ebay guidelines as I have already copied/pasted, "new" is meant to be a brand new item just like you would get from a retailer/store/etc.

You wouldn't have been complaining here if the putter was flawless, came with a cover but the grip wasn't in shrink wrap if that's how they come from the factory.

You'e not pissed off because it wasn't "as new" by ebay definition, you are pissed because you didn't get a cover. Let's keep it simple.

The guy was clearly not a retailer.

post #32 of 41

I may have missed it, but is the amount you paid less than retail?  and if you did in fact pay less, may we further  assume you are disappointed that it did not include the cover?

 

If you got a good enough deal, I am sure you could easily purchase a cover also at a discounted price.  To me, there is no problem and I would not have even taken the time to bring it into discussion since you have already made up your mind. I do understand your frustration in that you did not receive what your expectations were, but from what you reported, there was no misrepresentation at all.  I purchased an RBZ 3 wood from the pro shop. I had to ask for a cover. The first sales person did not know if it came with it or not, he then inquired from the manager who reached into a drawer and pulled out a head cover which had a tag with rotatable #'s in that you could twist it to show x.3.4.5 or 7.  (don't know why they skipped 2 and 6 if there even are any such animals).  as for "tour designs"  who cares?  if it fits, looks good, and suits it purpose.  Its a head cover for Petes sake. 

 

In any event, "venting" is good for the soul  (sometimes).

post #33 of 41

BJWESTNER - what is your eBay user ID?  I want to make sure you don't bid on anything I try to sell there . . . 

 

After some detective work it looks like you bought the item from golfballerdick2 .


Edited by tpcollins - 7/2/13 at 6:27pm
post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwestner View Post

I got a response from the seller who was very nice about it.  Many people that I have talked to have said that they've never seen this issue come up since they've always seen it mentioned if a putter is being sold and the head cover is not being included.  The seller admitted to me that while the putter is new in a sense that based on the definition he probably should have listed it as "new-other" and I admitted that I should have asked.

 

(Frankly, Even if you had gotten one, I'd advise you to swap out the the headcover that screams "PLEASE STEAL MY HARD TO FIND AND EXPENSIVE PUTTER" headcover and replace it with a generic one right away.  I sure wouldn't pay $50 for a matching headcover, or any other headcover, especially one that points out my nice putter to the kleptomaniacs out there.)

 

That's just me, golf clubs are left unattended so often.....

 

The above sounds like an excellent exchange and courteous and clears it all up.  nicely done

lesson learned is to fully vet out purchases on line - pretty obvious in hindsight I suppose.

post #35 of 41

Like I said, regardless of what section it was listed, if you read the description of the item itself, there is nothing in there indicating it is new.  In fact, as I have highlighted before, the description actually sounds like it is NOT new.

 

You just proved my point below.

 

You have to read the description carefully to determine what the seller is actually selling and not just rely on the "check box" category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwestner View Post

 

Did you read what I posted from Ebay?  The definitions of what a "new" item is supposed to be?  According to Ebay an item that is sold as "new" is supposed to be brand new, unused, unopened, and like you would buy at a retail store.

 

I got a response from the seller who was very nice about it.  Many people that I have talked to have said that they've never seen this issue come up since they've always seen it mentioned if a putter is being sold and the head cover is not being included.  The seller admitted to me that while the putter is new in a sense that based on the definition he probably should have listed it as "new-other" and I admitted that I should have asked.

 

I started this to see what people would think and it's clear that most/all would have asked first.  So I was wrong, while I've purchased a lot from Ebay it's only been since late 2012.  Although I believe that if an item is being sold as "new" and the definition of "new" in my opinion would include a headcover unless otherwise noted, I will ask from here on out every single time.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwestner View Post

 

If you look at the listing where you have to select the item condition it was sold as "new".  Per the Ebay guidelines as I have already copied/pasted, "new" is meant to be a brand new item just like you would get from a retailer/store/etc.

post #36 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehmwa View Post

 

(Frankly, Even if you had gotten one, I'd advise you to swap out the the headcover that screams "PLEASE STEAL MY HARD TO FIND AND EXPENSIVE PUTTER" headcover and replace it with a generic one right away.  I sure wouldn't pay $50 for a matching headcover, or any other headcover, especially one that points out my nice putter to the kleptomaniacs out there.)

 

That's just me, golf clubs are left unattended so often.....

 

The above sounds like an excellent exchange and courteous and clears it all up.  nicely done

lesson learned is to fully vet out purchases on line - pretty obvious in hindsight I suppose.

I agree and am satisfied with the response from the seller and how things worked out. I ended up giving the seller positive feedback.  I was incorrect in my assumption when I purchased the item.  Lesson learned.  Thanks for your advice/suggestions.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › putter head-cover