or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › World's toughest par 3 - includes a helicopter ride
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

World's toughest par 3 - includes a helicopter ride

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

http://back9network.com/article/extreme-19th-the-worlds-toughest-par-3/

 

GSP tracked golf balls give you 6 shots at hitting the green.  Don't overswing or lose your balance because you'll plunge to your death (and there's probably a stroke penalty involved).

post #2 of 13

70 bucks to play 18 or 1000 to play this hole? While it is quite cool, Ill stick with the standard 18

post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post

70 bucks to play 18 or 1000 to play this hole? While it is quite cool, Ill stick with the standard 18

If you can afford to go on a golf resort vacation in South Africa you'll be more likely to shell out a grand for this experience (albeit I surely wouldn't). Remember it includes a good amount of time in a helicopter sight-seeing.

 

That being said I'm glad you liked it.

 

Also my first thought was holy cow I wonder what kind of ball mark you'd leave if you hit the green...

post #4 of 13

If I was there, I'd pay the grand for 6 shots.

post #5 of 13
There's gimmick holes and then there's this. God bless the souls who pay a grand for it.
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocG10 View Post

If I was there, I'd pay the grand for 6 shots.
Yup. If you've got the money to be there, it's worth the extra grand.
post #7 of 13
I would shell out the cash if the hole wasn't so long. It says you need to hit your 260 to 270 meter club. If my calculations are correct, that's 284 to 295 yds. That distance is a driver followed by a 25 to 35 yard pitch for me.
post #8 of 13

I wouldnt hesitate to do that. thats gotta be fun and you get a cool helicopter ride too which is always fun

post #9 of 13

What no grandstands??? I want an audienceb2_tongue.gif

post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post


Yup. If you've got the money to be there, it's worth the extra grand.

Per foursome......  Only $250 apiece.  Not cheap, but certainly in the realm of a somewhat reasonable, once-in-a-lifetime splurge.

post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

If you can afford to go on a golf resort vacation in South Africa you'll be more likely to shell out a grand for this experience (albeit I surely wouldn't). Remember it includes a good amount of time in a helicopter sight-seeing.

 

That being said I'm glad you liked it.

 

Also my first thought was holy cow I wonder what kind of ball mark you'd leave if you hit the green...

That is true. And didn't even think about the ball marks hahaha. If the green is wet the ball will probably just sink 2 feet under 

post #12 of 13

The sport "Helicopter Skiing" comes to mind. I never thought it would happen to golf   a1_smile.gif)

post #13 of 13

If I could afford to be there in the first place I'd sure be willing to spend a grand on six shots from there.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › World's toughest par 3 - includes a helicopter ride