Until newbies get the hang of golf, some people are suggesting the following adjustments for their first "spring training" season:
- If you can't get out of a sand trap on the first shot, drop the ball outside the trap and continue on.
- If you end up in really deep rough, drop the ball in the first cut before you play.
- Once you get to eight strokes, pick up the ball and move on to the next hole.
- No more than three putts on a green.
- Mark down scores only for holes you complete.
- Try to have fun when you play.
Newbies get this for the first season, and then they play regular rules in Year 2.
Do you think these adjustments are a good way to help ease people into golf.... T-ball for hackers? Or, will it destroy the game?