or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › What kind of car do you drive?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What kind of car do you drive? - Page 45

post #793 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

My first actual new car ever, pretty sad rofl:

2013 Dodge Dart SXT

 

Nothing sad about that. I was looking at those. 

 
Sure, I could roll in a BMW, but why? I could drive my Elantra instead and retire early. lol
post #794 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

Nothing sad about that. I was looking at those. 

 
Sure, I could roll in a BMW, but why? I could drive my Elantra instead and retire early. lol

 

Actually meant that it took so long to get my first new car :-p The car I love

post #795 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Nothing sad about that. I was looking at those. 
 
Sure, I could roll in a BMW, but why? I could drive my Elantra instead and retire early. lol

Because the Elantra is lame and unexciting, you only live once and life is too short to be driving that car :) just giving you crap.

Spend the money you save on golf!
post #796 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchshot View Post


Because the Elantra is lame and unexciting, you only live once and life is too short to be driving that car :) just giving you crap.

Spend the money you save on golf!

 

To the bold: Trust me, I have. My monthly golf has cost me almost double my car payment. Scary thought...lol

post #797 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Nothing sad about that. I was looking at those. 
 
Sure, I could roll in a BMW, but why? I could drive my Elantra instead and retire early. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

Actually meant that it took so long to get my first new car :-p The car I love
IIRC the new Dodge Darts are a rebranded Alpha Romeo brought over from Europe.
post #798 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post



IIRC the new Dodge Darts are a rebranded Alpha Romeo brought over from Europe.

Only the engine is the same. the cars look nothing alike.

post #799 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

To the bold: Trust me, I have. My monthly golf has cost me almost double my car payment. Scary thought...lol

Mine too my friend. GF picked up golf, great thing is we enjoy it together and I don't get crap for going all the time, only set back is now each round costs twice as much :)

Oh well, totally worth it, it's only money, I can always make more...
post #800 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Only the engine is the same. the cars look nothing alike.

Or...

 

Only the look (bodywork and cabin cosmetics) differ, mechanically the cars are one and the same.

post #801 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

Or...

 

Only the look (bodywork and cabin cosmetics) differ, mechanically the cars are one and the same.

 

Now THAT is how a car person describes it. ;)

post #802 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Or...

Only the look (bodywork and cabin cosmetics) differ, mechanically the cars are one and the same.

In other words the unibody is the same. The VW minivan, it's made by Chrysler, it is just a town and country.

I drive a pimped out 2010 Toyota Corolla, I say pimped because a wheel cover fell off and I am yet to replace it. :)
post #803 of 939

 

You should get some "curb feelers" so you don't mess up your mack daddy hub caps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher View Post


In other words the unibody is the same. The VW minivan, it's made by Chrysler, it is just a town and country.

I drive a pimped out 2010 Toyota Corolla, I say pimped because a wheel cover fell off and I am yet to replace it. :)

I remember being pretty exited when Saab and Subaru were collaborating on a car. I was less excited when they basically just came out with another impreza with a Saab logo and inflated price tag.

 

 

Saab


Subaru


Edited by Ernest Jones - 9/22/13 at 1:44pm
post #804 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

Or...

 

Only the look (bodywork and cabin cosmetics) differ, mechanically the cars are one and the same.

 

 

 

 

 

The size and shape are pretty significantly different. Though the engine is the same for sure, most of the other drivetrain components are not interchangeable. Saying that they are the same car rebranded is a big stretch.

post #805 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post









The size and shape are pretty significantly different. Though the engine is the same for sure, most of the other drivetrain components are not interchangeable. Saying that they are the same car rebranded is a big stretch.
I don't think that is the right Alfa, I think this is the model they turned into the NA Dart:


I could be wrong about all of this. Just making conversation.
post #806 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


I don't think that is the right Alfa, I think this is the model they turned into the NA Dart:


I could be wrong about all of this. Just making conversation.

 

You may be right about that model, I apologize about the wrong picture rofl. I can say those two are at least a bit more similar. The reason say they aren't the same car is I was doing a lot of research about possible upgrades and whatnot for my car and found nothing that was interchangeable between the two for performance.

post #807 of 939
You should have gone with this:

d3_drool.gif
post #808 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

You should have gone with this:

d3_drool.gif

 

Yeah, only that was 2x the price and out of my range.... I'm actually looking at possibly trading up to the dart srt-4 when it comes out. Small car with 300ish horsepower and good gas mileage, yes please

post #809 of 939

I currently drive a 99' CRV:

1999_honda_cr-v_4wd_ex-pic-946968876223038672.jpeg

post #810 of 939

09 Ford Escape. 3.0l V6 4x4

 

Picked it up a week ago. only 65000kms on it and in MINT condition.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › What kind of car do you drive?