or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › John Deere/Quad Cities
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Deere/Quad Cities

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Not one of the bigger tournaments on the PGA Tour unless you are a Steve Stricker/Zach Johnson/Jerry Kelly fan.  Stricker has dominated here having his 3 year win streak snapped by Zack Johnson last year.

 

Chez Reavie had quite the ball striking round today shooting 61 (-8) while hitting 17 greens and gaining less than 2 stroke putting on the field.  Normally rounds that low require a super hot putter, but Reavie's was only warm meaning he hit it close a lot.

 

Sricker opened with 67 and is -3 through 7 today putting him 5 behind Patrick Reed who opened 67-63.  Jerry Kelly is 2 back after firing a 64 today and overnight co-leader Zack Johnson is -1 through 7, putting him 4 back.

 

Shaping up to be a very good mid-west shoot out. 

post #2 of 11

I wonder what the over/under is on the number of times an announcer mentions that Louis Oosthuizen is a farmer and that he won a tractor? Or bought a tractor? Anyway, he toured the plant and got a tractor somehow.

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldblu3 View Post

I wonder what the over/under is on the number of times an announcer mentions that Louis Oosthuizen is a farmer and that he won a tractor? Or bought a tractor? Anyway, he toured the plant and got a tractor somehow.

I'll take the under- in at 142, I don't think Louis will be making the weekend.

post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldblu3 View Post

I wonder what the over/under is on the number of times an announcer mentions that Louis Oosthuizen is a farmer and that he won a tractor? Or bought a tractor? Anyway, he toured the plant and got a tractor somehow.

Speaking of Oosthuizen, did you hear Feherty's ironic quote yesterday of the common Afrikaans phrase "'n Boer maak 'n plan"? ("A Boer makes a plan")   Oosthuizen was making a triple-bogey at the time.

 

Do European golf announcers often know some Afrikaans?  I remember Nick Faldo last year translating as Oosthuizen talked to his caddie in Afrikaans.

post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceMGF View Post

Speaking of Oosthuizen, did you hear Feherty's ironic quote yesterday of the common Afrikaans phrase "'n Boer maak 'n plan"? ("A Boer makes a plan")   Oosthuizen was making a triple-bogey at the time.

 

Do European golf announcers often know some Afrikaans?  I remember Nick Faldo last year translating as Oosthuizen talked to his caddie in Afrikaans.

 

If I had to guess on that, I'd remark that European players of a certain age would spend their winters playing in South Africa, so it wouldn't surprise me that Nick and David picked up more than a few Afrikaans phrases along the way.

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 

cut line came at -4 with those players t51 and only 8 shots back- more than a handful of guys were under par both days and are packing their bags.

 

Seems like it might be one of Lucas Glover's good weeks- he has missed 9 cuts this year and only has 2 top 25 finishes- both were t4s, something he is in position to do again as he is tied at the top with Reed and Zach Johnson

post #7 of 11

OK, someone needs to bump this thread up. Anyone else watching this playoff that no one seems to want to win? a3_biggrin.gif

 

Playoff hole no.5 now coming up... Hope the kid wins.

post #8 of 11
Yes. Great finish.
post #9 of 11

I've got it recorded at home and now that I know the ending I will have to watch it. I guess all the speculation about the PGA Tour needing to somehow bump up Spieth's status is moot. He's won, he's in everything that a winner gets into (British, Masters), he's got his card for next year. Youngest winner in 82 years. Doesn't look like a skinny 19 year old, that's for sure.

post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldblu3 View Post

I've got it recorded at home and now that I know the ending I will have to watch it. I guess all the speculation about the PGA Tour needing to somehow bump up Spieth's status is moot. He's won, he's in everything that a winner gets into (British, Masters), he's got his card for next year. Youngest winner in 82 years. Doesn't look like a skinny 19 year old, that's for sure.

Do you??  I mean, it ended 90-120 minutes after it was scheduled to end, I believe.  I hope you planned on that!

 

I always add a few minutes, maybe even 30 to the end of my dvr's of live sports, but not more than that.

post #11 of 11

I have made a habit of adding an hour onto sporting events that can go over a lot. Learned that with World Cup events going into extra time and then 2 rounds of PK's. You are right though, I don't have it all if it went over 90 minutes. Oh well.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › John Deere/Quad Cities