or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Official 2013 British Open at Muirfield Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2013 British Open at Muirfield Discussion Thread - Page 11

post #181 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan Jeff View Post

I need a putting lesson from Ian B. Finch!

Maybe he could use the putter he borrowed from my pro in about 1978 in a pro am at my club but forgot to return. :-)

post #182 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan Jeff View Post

I need a putting lesson from Ian B. Finch!

Let me offer it to ya'

 

Soften your arms

 

Relax your grip

 

According to IBF, that was when it clicked for Westy.

post #183 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Lotta pressure on Westwood. I think Tiger can come in and make history tomorrow.


I really really hope so, but I'm not sure it's in the cards...
post #184 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post


I really really hope so, but I'm not sure it's in the cards...

 

Cards are bullshit. lol

 

He's either gonna win or lose. Westwood doesn't have a very big lead for a guy who hasn't won a major....TON of pressure. Tiger goes 2 under tomorrow and I think he wins...and that's very possible.

post #185 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Cards are bullshit. lol

He's either gonna win or lose. Westwood doesn't have a very big lead for a guy who hasn't won a major....TON of pressure. Tiger goes 2 under tomorrow and I think he wins...and that's very possible.

True, but you're overlooking the pressure on Tigs. He's not going into tomorrow's round free of pressure, playing with house money. He's gripping it hard, people are expecting him to win more so than they are expecting Westy to pull it off...
post #186 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post


True, but you're overlooking the pressure on Tigs. He's not going into tomorrow's round free of pressure, playing with house money. He's gripping it hard, people are expecting him to win more so than they are expecting Westy to pull it off...

 

I don't think the pressure will get to Tiger. I think the pressure is the same tomorrow as it was today and/or yesterday. Dude puts more pressure on himself than we ever could.

post #187 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

I don't think the pressure will get to Tiger. I think the pressure is the same tomorrow as it was today and/or yesterday. Dude puts more pressure on himself than we ever could.

You're absolutely right, he puts tons of pressure on himself - see the issues he has on the first tee...

Look, I love Tiger. More than just about anyone else does, just ask some of the regulars here. I tell my wife that he's my friend and that he needs me to watch him play so he can play better, lol... But he doesn't have a good history coming from behind, and he would have to buck that trend.
post #188 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post
 But he doesn't have a good history coming from behind, and he would have to buck that trend.

But others don't have a great history of chasing him, so it should be a great Sunday.

post #189 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowlf View Post

Interview on BBC. Tiger not happy with the organiser mucking around with the greens speed. I thought that was a fair comment.

 

Tiger should take it up with the players that were most vocal about the greens on Thursday (Phil & Poults)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Lol, Shiv Kapur barfed all over himself today...

 

+12.  That's the Shiv Kapur we didn't know but fully expected to see.

post #190 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Tiger should take it up with the players that were most vocal about the greens on Thursday (Phil & Poults)
They are pretty much BFFs, so that should not be a problem.
post #191 of 380

6 of 16 players who have posted scores this morning were under par.

post #192 of 380
post #193 of 380

 

It's 4AM.  Go back to sleep.

post #194 of 380

Let's not forget about Mahan.  He played well yesterday and will put pressure on Westwood.

post #195 of 380

I think there's more pressure on Westwood because, fairly or unfairly (and most likely unfairly), a lot of those watching with a cynical eye are going to be waiting for the choke. The British tabloid newspapers are merciless (just ask "Nick Foldo" prior to 1987).

 

Tiger's nerves (to the extent that he has nerves on a golf course) seem to manifest themselves in the odd wayward first drive - but once he's out on the course and up and running, no-one is expecting a choke. An unlucky double maybe, but not choking.

 

Probably unpatriotic for an Englishman to say this, but I think if Tiger doesn't win today (which is unlikely in my opinion), Hunter Mahan will...which is cool, I've always enjoyed watching Mahan play ever since I first noticed him when he won that Matchplay tournament a couple of years back.

post #196 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseJohnny View Post


Tiger's nerves (to the extent that he has nerves on a golf course) seem to manifest themselves in the odd wayward first drive - but once he's out on the course and up and running, no-one is expecting a choke. An unlucky double maybe, but not choking.


Yeah, either that or over aggressive play/putting, like when he putted off the green earlier in the tournament.
post #197 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Let's not forget about Mahan.  He played well yesterday and will put pressure on Westwood.

 

I love Mahan, and other than Tiger/DJ, he's one of the few guys I'd love to see win.  However, everything he did yesterday was outside of the pressure of the final few groupings.  Today will be different for him, I believe.  Drastically different.  I think Stenson and Tiger will finish 1-2, not sure which order.

post #198 of 380
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Official 2013 British Open at Muirfield Discussion Thread