Well look. You can read my post, wait 20 minutes until other things develop, then say something like that.
Hell, gimme two hours & I'll tell you who wins.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did Phil just win the Open Championship? Holy smokes batman. He did it. He did it baby!!!!!!
I just knew he would win. He's just been playing some amazing golf this year.
And if it weren't for that one wedge shot at Marion, he would had the US Open also.
Well done Phil, I'm so happy for him.
Congrats to PHIL!!!!!!!!!
Great win after the US Open tournament. Very few picked him before the Open and he just played steady and won. One of few rounds in the 60's on Sunday too.
Had hoped Tiger might have won, but I can't bet against him. He's too good not to win more majors.
Felt bad for Lee Westwood. I enjoy watching him play. But my new fav player has to Jiminez! Great attitude.............he smokes good cigars.............drinks great wine.............plays well......AND has a stunningly beautiful woman as his wife! Can't get much better than that!!!!
Great tournament all round.
Congrats to Phil. Westwood and Mahan did pretty much exactly what I expected them to do. I was rooting for Tiger but he just never looked like he was comfortable or wanted to win IMO.
Also, I wish announcers would stop describing golf shots as "courageous". I can think of lots of good reasons to use the word courageous and a golf shot isn't one of them. Seems like a very underwhelming way to use the word.
Some thoughts after this British:
1) Congrats to Phil. Never thought he'd win a British and he did. Amazing round
2) Wow....if you thought the attention on Phil at Pinehurst was already going to be big, imagine it now with the career grand slam on the line. He is going to really gear up for it now. He needs that U.S. Open.
3) It's days like this that make me wonder if Lee Westwood is ever going to win a major. I just don't know if it's ever going to happen.
4) We're close to Hideki Matsuyama becoming a major name and player in the game of golf.....and I do mean MAJOR.
5) Hoylake next year will be the complete opposite of Muirfield. Unless gale force winds show up, you'll see complete opposite scores. It's up there with St. Andrew's as the easiest in the rotation.
6) I think the odds of Tiger catching Jack-Jack may be slipping to under 50%. Not sure it's going to happen.