or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Official 2013 British Open at Muirfield Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2013 British Open at Muirfield Discussion Thread - Page 16

post #271 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

 

So, in your mind, Woody Austin with his four PGA Tour wins is a better player than Lee Westwood, right? Tell me, what's his record in the Majors? And why hasn't he played in one since 2009?

 

And BTW, Westwood hardly plays on the PGA Tour, yet how is it that he won over $3 million in only 15 events last season?

He is a better winner than Lee Westwood. Not even arguable. Tell me, what is Lee Westwood's record in Majors? The exact same as Woody Austin. 4 wins and no majors beats 2 wins and no majors.

post #272 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

 

Yup. Olympic athletes with bronze medals are losers too. If ur not first, ur last. WHOO RICKY BOBBAY!!!

They are successful people and winners at life in general, but at the highest level in their sport yes they lost. They were not winners

post #273 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw purp View Post

They are successful people and winners at life in general, but at the highest level in their sport yes they lost. They were not winners

 

They won bronze medals. They didn't earn participation trophies. They are winners. Lee Westwood, even if he had only won 1 PGA tour event, is a winner at golf. He's accomplished something at his craft that 99.9999% of golfers will never accomplish. Including a ton of pros.

post #274 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

I already answered your "elite player that media projects Lee Westwood to be" claims. You should read what I responded with again... I promise it makes sense.

As for the part in bold... I don't get it. Lee Westwood is elite and is a top 50 golfer in the world. Those golfers are elite and the best that this game has. I don't understand what you are missing here.

How many times have you heard the following at random tournaments while they show one of his shots, "Hes the best to never win a major" "It's Lee's time" "You can never count Lee out of a golf tournament" etc. I have more times than I can count. Yet his career resume boasts a Francis McDermott Championship 15 years ago and a St Jude Classic victory 3 years ago. This makes no sense.

post #275 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

 

They won bronze medals. They didn't earn participation trophies. They are winners. Lee Westwood, even if he had only won 1 PGA tour event, is a winner at golf. He's accomplished something at his craft that 99.9999% of golfers will never accomplish. Including a ton of pros.

You have a much looser definition of the term winner than I do. Nothing wrong with that, agree to disagree is all

post #276 of 380
Quote:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52 View Post
 

 

So, in your mind, Woody Austin with his four PGA Tour wins is a better player than Lee Westwood, right? Tell me, what's his record in the Majors? And why hasn't he played in one since 2009?

 

And BTW, Westwood hardly plays on the PGA Tour, yet how is it that he won over $3 million in only 15 events last season?

 

 

Originally Posted by kw purp View Post

 

He is a better winner than Lee Westwood. Not even arguable. Tell me, what is Lee Westwood's record in Majors? The exact same as Woody Austin. 4 wins and no majors beats 2 wins and no majors.

 

You do know that Lee Westwood has 39 professional wins and Woody Austin has 6, right? And that Westwood has played in more Majors in the last five years that Austin has in his entire career, right?

 

I seriously hope you are just arguing for argument sake, because no serious golf fan can be this stupid.

post #277 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw purp View Post

How many times have you heard the following at random tournaments while they show one of his shots, "Hes the best to never win a major" "It's Lee's time" "You can never count Lee out of a golf tournament" etc. I have more times than I can count. Yet his career resume boasts a Francis McDermott Championship 15 years ago and a St Jude Classic victory 3 years ago. This makes no sense.

 

Tiger hasn't won a major in 5 years, they still talk about him during every major. Why? Because he's consistently in the thick of it, even if he isn't winning the tournament. 

 

Nobody is saying "Wow, Lee Westwood wins so many golf tournaments, man he's the greatest to ever play!!"

 

He is one of the best golfers in the world. Period. You can think what you'd like, as you are currently doing, and take pride in being wrong I guess.

 

With that said, I couldn't give two rats asses about Lee Westwood...you're just being ridiculous.

post #278 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw purp View Post

How many times have you heard the following at random tournaments while they show one of his shots, "Hes the best to never win a major" "It's Lee's time" "You can never count Lee out of a golf tournament" etc. I have more times than I can count. Yet his career resume boasts a Francis McDermott Championship 15 years ago and a St Jude Classic victory 3 years ago. This makes no sense.

By your logic, Dan Marino was not an elite player because he never won a superbowl. Charles Barkley was not an elite player because he never won a championship. Finally, Lee Westwood is a loser because he is consistently in contention but just hasn't won a major yet.

You're that guy.... I give up.

post #279 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

 

You do know that Lee Westwood has 39 professional wins and Woody Austin has 6, right? And that Westwood has played in more Majors in the last five years that Austin has in his entire career, right?

 

I seriously hope you are just arguing for argument sake, because no serious golf fan can be this stupid.

Dont give me the European wins. What do you do when you play with big boys? Not some random guys from tiny countries who no one has ever seen before. "Westwood has played in more majors in the last 5 years than Austins entire career" Doesnt that make it worse? That he has had that many more times to convert and has that much more talent yet still cant come through

post #280 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw purp View Post

You have a much looser definition of the term winner than I do. Nothing wrong with that, agree to disagree is all

 

If you love golf, and you make the PGA tour, you're a winner...at golf. If you're constantly making cuts with top 10s and earning 7 figures a year, you're an winner...at golf. If you make the PGA your, earn a 7 figure salary, AND win tournaments (even if it's only 2), you are...without question...a winner. He won. At golf. At the highest level. He is an undeniable winner.

 

There is no looseness to the definition.

post #281 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

Dan Marino was not an elite player because he never won a superbowl.

 

lol, Marino...what a loser...

post #282 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

By your logic, Dan Marino was not an elite player because he never won a superbowl. Charles Barkley was not an elite player because he never won a championship. Finally, Lee Westwood is a loser because he is consistently in contention but just hasn't won a major yet.

You're that guy.... I give up

Lee Westwood gets 15 times or a more a year to win a tournament often against inferior competition. Charles Barkley and Dan Marino have teammates and have to win dozens or more games against elite competition just to even get a chance to be the only team that entire year who can call themselves winners. Cant compare the two

post #283 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

 

Tiger hasn't won a major in 5 years, they still talk about him during every major. Why? Because he's consistently in the thick of it, even if he isn't winning the tournament. 

 

Nobody is saying "Wow, Lee Westwood wins so many golf tournaments, man he's the greatest to ever play!!"

 

He is one of the best golfers in the world. Period. You can think what you'd like, as you are currently doing, and take pride in being wrong I guess.

 

With that said, I couldn't give two rats asses about Lee Westwood...you're just being ridiculous.

Tiger has won more in the last 6 months that Lee has won in 20 years. Cant compare the two.

 

I dont even care that much about Lee either or any one single player on tour. I made the one post I had on the topic and the discussion has gone on from there.

post #284 of 380
Quote:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

 

So, in your mind, Woody Austin with his four PGA Tour wins is a better player than Lee Westwood, right? Tell me, what's his record in the Majors? And why hasn't he played in one since 2009?

 

And BTW, Westwood hardly plays on the PGA Tour, yet how is it that he won over $3 million in only 15 events last season?

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by kw purp View Post

He is a better winner than Lee Westwood. Not even arguable. Tell me, what is Lee Westwood's record in Majors? The exact same as Woody Austin. 4 wins and no majors beats 2 wins and no majors.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

 

You do know that Lee Westwood has 39 professional wins and Woody Austin has 6, right? And that Westwood has played in more Majors in the last five years that Austin has in his entire career, right?

 

I seriously hope you are just arguing for argument sake, because no serious golf fan can be this stupid.

 

 

Originally Posted by kw purp View Post

 

Dont give me the European wins. What do you do when you play with big boys? Not some random guys from tiny countries who no one has ever seen before. "Westwood has played in more majors in the last 5 years than Austins entire career" Doesnt that make it worse? That he has had that many more times to convert and has that much more talent yet still cant come through

 

 

So, you ARE that stupid. Thanks for the confirmation.

post #285 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw purp View Post

Tiger has won more in the last 6 months that Lee has won in 20 years. Cant compare the two.

 

I dont even care that much about Lee either or any one single player on tour. I made the one post I had on the topic and the discussion has gone on from there.

 

And nobody does, ever.

post #286 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw purp View Post

Tiger has won more in the last 6 months that Lee has won in 20 years. Cant compare the two.

 

I dont even care that much about Lee either or any one single player on tour. I made the one post I had on the topic and the discussion has gone on from there.

 

Tiger finished behind a loser like Westwood yesterday. What a loser.d2_doh.gif

post #287 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

 

Tiger finished behind a loser like Westwood yesterday. What a loser.d2_doh.gif

Tiger was a loser yesterday. That was a sad display

post #288 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

 

 

So, you ARE that stupid. Thanks for the confirmation.

never said Austin is a better player, just a better winner. Lee obviously has more talent than him, which makes it that much worse that Austin has double his wins

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Official 2013 British Open at Muirfield Discussion Thread