or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Bubba watson Plaque in the forest??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bubba watson Plaque in the forest??

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 

They really should put a plaque in the forest for Bubba on the 10th at agusta for obvious reasons....have they done it already and i just dont know?? me and a friend were talking about it yesterday and just think there really should be one! It was truly a great shot

post #2 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by billatthebar View Post

They really should put a plaque in the forest for Bubba on the 10th at agusta for obvious reasons....have they done it already and i just dont know?? me and a friend were talking about it yesterday and just think there really should be one! It was truly a great shot

 

Maybe if he wins three or four more majors. Just one? Peh. Whatever.

post #3 of 25
Great shot, but a plaque? For a wedge? At Augusta? Uh uh........
post #4 of 25
And if he didn't pull it off, would they put a plaque up for the effort? Everyone gets a plaque for participating!
post #5 of 25
Doesn't deserve a plaque IMO. There's been lots of memorable shots at Augusta that could fall under the same category.
post #6 of 25
Thread Starter 

ya but its in the friggin forest its a bit different and how doesnt it deserve one - 163 yards , 45 yard hook and it had to go high like who can do that when it means that much in a playoff lol - plaque for participating lol thats funny but seriously, could you make the shot? wasnt it one of the more memorable ones?? IMO i would have one there, its not like its in plain view anyway i just think itd be sweet to have one out in the forest like that....oh well who am i

post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturday View Post

Doesn't deserve a plaque IMO. There's been lots of memorable shots at Augusta that could fall under the same category.

 

Name one. Not "lots", just one. "Same category" meaning all or nothing miss it and you've lost - and, from a seemingly hopeless position.

I'm no Bubba fan, but seriously, I'll bet you can't name a single one.

post #8 of 25
How about:

Lyle's bunker shot up 18 when he won?
Phil Mic's 6-iron (?) in to 13 from the pine straw under the trees to finally throw off Westwood?
Or even Cabrera's hugely ballsy approach in to 18 this year knowing he had to make 3?

Personally, good as Bubba's shot was, I wouldn't start doing this.
post #9 of 25

Mize get's one on 11 for doing Norman in (if we are giving them out)...arguably one of the more exciting finishes at the Masters. 

 

I seriously think that Justin Rose gets one at Merion on 18 before Bubba gets a bridge named after him in Augusta. 

post #10 of 25

As far as I know, Augusta doesn't have plaques on the course. They do name bridges and other course landmarks for golf icons.

post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourSpoon View Post

Mize get's one on 11 for doing Norman in (if we are giving them out)...arguably one of the more exciting finishes at the Masters. 

 

 

Correct.

But I've been trying to forget that for 20 years or so. a4_sad.gif

post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Correct.

But I've been trying to forget that for 20 years or so. a4_sad.gif

 

I would have loved to see Greg in green seeing that he has been a "hometown" guy in South Florida for so long. I think he would have brought a lot back to the club as a former champion. 

post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac6 View Post

As far as I know, Augusta doesn't have plaques on the course. They do name bridges and other course landmarks for golf icons.

There is a plaque on the course. Sarazen's double Eagle is honored with a plaque on the Sarazen Bridge at 15. It ISN'T located at the spot that he hit it from.

The only one I can remember off hand is the spot where Rocco holed out from on 18 at Bay Hill. Almost every one tries the shot during a practice round.
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Name one. Not "lots", just one. "Same category" meaning all or nothing miss it and you've lost - and, from a seemingly hopeless position.
I'm no Bubba fan, but seriously, I'll bet you can't name a single one.

The one I think of is Mize's shot. Jeez, you're cranky.
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac6 View Post

As far as I know, Augusta doesn't have plaques on the course. They do name bridges and other course landmarks for golf icons.

 

Then they can call the trees to the right of #10 the 'Watson Woods.'

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post

Then they can call the trees to the right of #10 the 'Watson Woods.'
Or Bubba's Bush??
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayG View Post


There is a plaque on the course. Sarazen's double Eagle is honored with a plaque on the Sarazen Bridge at 15. It ISN'T located at the spot that he hit it from.

The only one I can remember off hand is the spot where Rocco holed out from on 18 at Bay Hill. Almost every one tries the shot during a practice round.

 

Craig Parry has one at Doral when he holed out for the win from 18 fairway. 

post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayG View Post


There is a plaque on the course. Sarazen's double Eagle is honored with a plaque on the Sarazen Bridge at 15. It ISN'T located at the spot that he hit it from.

The only one I can remember off hand is the spot where Rocco holed out from on 18 at Bay Hill. Almost every one tries the shot during a practice round.

 

Robert Gamez.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Bubba watson Plaque in the forest??