or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Schwartzel loses his cool --->
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schwartzel loses his cool ---> - Page 2

post #19 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

Once a prayer is given on a club and the prayer not granted, though shall break thy club in hopes of pleasing Me and renewing thy prayer connection to the course and the other 13 clubs.

 

-Psalms 18:72

 

^^ LOL

post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

 

Once a prayer is given on a club and the prayer not granted, though shall break thy club in hopes of pleasing Me and renewing thy prayer connection to the course and the other 13 clubs.

 

-Psalms 18:72

 

Preach it, brother!

post #21 of 46
I am impressed how shorty managed to turn this thread into a religious one.
post #22 of 46

im still laughing

post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

I am impressed how shorty managed to turn this thread into a religious one.

 

It's what he's good at ;-)

post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

For the record players and caddies were standing to his back right and the caddie retrieved the head portion of his club after what seemed like just a few steps.  This was very close to being a serious issue.

 

Watch the video, when it pans out and shows the sky view of Charl walking you can see how close everyone was standing to him.

 

a) They were already walking while the ball was in the air. A good four or five seconds there until it was back to the player and the caddie.

b) Even then, the caddie takes a full NINE steps.

 

I rate the danger of that as being very, very low. Still stupid, but very low danger. No, I don't think it was "close to being a serious issue."

post #25 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

For the record players and caddies were standing to his back right and the caddie retrieved the head portion of his club after what seemed like just a few steps.  This was very close to being a serious issue.

 

Watch the video, when it pans out and shows the sky view of Charl walking you can see how close everyone was standing to him.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

a) They were already walking while the ball was in the air. A good four or five seconds there until it was back to the player and the caddie.

b) Even then, the caddie takes a full NINE steps.

 

I rate the danger of that as being very, very low. Still stupid, but very low danger. No, I don't think it was "close to being a serious issue."

Excuse me for going all Zapruder on this thing, but, hey, what else I gotta do at 4:50 on a Friday?  I agree with Erik here.  If you first watch from 0:51 to 0:59 you can see that Charl walks forward 9 steps (6 or 7 yards is my guess) to pick up the handle.  Then go back and notice the 0:21-0:28 segment (Charl already has the grip end in his hand) and you see him and his caddy take 10 steps forward to the clubhead half.  Nevermind the walking done between those two points.  That clubhead was at least 10, maybe 20 yards out in front of them.  (Not directly to the right as the telephoto lens tricked you into thinking)

 

That said, it was still stupid and I'm sure he wishes he could take it back.  But it wasn't "close" to being a serious issue.

 

And, yes, I agree with you, TJ, that if it were Tiger, he'd be getting charred.

post #26 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 

And, yes, I agree with you, TJ, that if it were Tiger, he'd be getting charred.

 

I wonder if a different broadcasting crew would have reacted differently.  If Tiger would have done this around a couple other guys I can think of, they would have said "Tiger promised he would change!"

 

However, during today's broadcast, while Charl was finishing up his round, they made it a point to mention that since the club toss, he's only had one bogie, like 5 birdies and a lot of pars.  Then they jokingly reacted to that bit of info with, "sometimes you just gotta let it out!" and had a laugh about it.  

 

I don't mind that much, but it just comes off as hypocritical.

post #27 of 46

I do not remember exactly when it was, but several years ago, I witnessed a guy toss his entire bag into the pond at 18 at Torrey Pines.  His cohorts laughed, one went in the pond and retrieved the bag and clubs and presented it to the disgruntled player who proceeded to very politely thank him and then casually, threw the whole works back into the pond.  I don't know what ramifications (if any) transpired after that as I was on my way out to the parking lot.  I've never done anything like that, but I will admit to bending an iron around a tree ...once!


Edited by Hacker James - 7/19/13 at 8:25pm
post #28 of 46

Very well could have snapped a tad differently and launched 10 yards to his back right instead.  Or right back at him.  He is a goddamn fool.  There were people standing within 10-15 yards and it could've hurt someone.  It was very dangerous in my opinion and I wouldn't have any of it.

 

And yes I think it is a very serious safety issue, but we can agree to disagree.  I'd stop playing with someone who did that immediately.  Others might not feel that way and that's okay.  Agree to disagree, I'll be the baby on this one and call foul on Charl and call it a very dangerous move that warrants a DQ.

post #29 of 46

Not since i quit my religious ways, 40 years ago,  have i gotten angry at inanimate objects. Surely Schwarzel will be heavily fined by the authorities, not that he cares or will even admit the fine. And this entire episode only goes to show what pieces of shite those Nike clubs truly are. I play with rebar shafts so it would never happen to me!b2_tongue.gif

post #30 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

Very well could have snapped a tad differently and launched 10 yards to his back right instead.  Or right back at him.  He is a goddamn fool.  There were people standing within 10-15 yards and it could've hurt someone.  It was very dangerous in my opinion and I wouldn't have any of it.

And yes I think it is a very serious safety issue, but we can agree to disagree.  I'd stop playing with someone who did that immediately.  Others might not feel that way and that's okay.  Agree to disagree, I'll be the baby on this one and call foul on Charl and call it a very dangerous move that warrants a DQ.
Well now, let's not get all drama queen-ish.

I wouldn't go around DQing a guy because he played without breakfast, was having a bad biorhythm day, or was upset at the course set up. It's a freaking Major and guys are going to get upset when they feel they are not playing to their potential.

At least it shows passion, if not common sense.
post #31 of 46

I think for sure it had potential to be dangerous and the behavior should be discouraged.  Actually throwing the club or launching it/projecting it away from the body is significantly different from slamming a club to the turf.  I'm sure he will be fined, and that should be that.

post #32 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

I am impressed how shorty managed to turn this thread into a religious one.

 

It's Shorty ...

 

bait

 

not

 

taken

post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post

 

It's Shorty ...

 

bait

 

not

 

taken

Chicken!

 

LOL

post #34 of 46
I believe the only way to express anger, leads to danger.

Be happy.
post #35 of 46
Someone once said that rage fuels the anger, which can be a downward spiral.

I'm all for showing feelings on the course, but this is a bit over the top. Just like it was when Tiger did something similar with his driver a few years back, when it bounced into the crowds. They can get mad all they want, but to break equipment or damage the course is simply not cool.
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post

It's Shorty ...

bait

not

taken

That is why I was just "impressed". :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Schwartzel loses his cool --->