or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › anyone in computers or IT career?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

anyone in computers or IT career? - Page 4

post #55 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


The two people I know in IT happen to have advanced engineering degrees. They make this salary or higher.

However, they are director level managers.


exactly - they didn't walk out of college into the job.  I have been in the industry for 15 years.  Like ANY industry, if you are good at what you do, and you are willing to take the risks associated with continually climbing the corporate ladder, plenty of high salary jobs exist out there in the IT field. 

post #56 of 61

OMG, just found this thread.

 

I am an IT person who has tried, tried and tried for at *least* an hour a day to be successful, but I just can't cut it.  I have panic attacks when the servers go down.   I think they fell into the Ethernet.   or maybe wireless signals are the voices in my head.   I don't know, but I want to get me a cushy life on the golf course where I can drink and the cart girls are all model quality.   I am thinking of hitting 20 balls per day and playing 7 holes at my local muni.  After 7 holes I get tired.   How long will it take me to play on the PGA tour?   And do they allow carts.

 

Sincere answers only, please.   I believe I will have a good swing since I work with computers.  The typing is hard and builds up my wrists.  Also the other 7 hours of my workday I am scratching my butt, so that helps with my arm/wrist strength.  Man, it's hard!

post #57 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam e View Post

OMG, just found this thread.

 

I am an IT person who has tried, tried and tried for at *least* an hour a day to be successful, but I just can't cut it.  I have panic attacks when the servers go down.   I think they fell into the Ethernet.   or maybe wireless signals are the voices in my head.   I don't know, but I want to get me a cushy life on the golf course where I can drink and the cart girls are all model quality.   I am thinking of hitting 20 balls per day and playing 7 holes at my local muni.  After 7 holes I get tired.   How long will it take me to play on the PGA tour?   And do they allow carts.

 

Sincere answers only, please.   I believe I will have a good swing since I work with computers.  The typing is hard and builds up my wrists.  Also the other 7 hours of my workday I am scratching my butt, so that helps with my arm/wrist strength.  Man, it's hard!


Why not just realize today's American Dream.  Fake a back injury and go on disability for the rest of your working years.  It's way easier, and then you can sit at home, watching the 9AM news and laugh at all the working stiffs that pay taxes while they sit in traffic. 

post #58 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post


Why not just realize today's American Dream.  Fake a back injury and go on disability for the rest of your working years.  It's way easier, and then you can sit at home, watching the 9AM news and laugh at all the working stiffs that pay taxes while they sit in traffic. 

 

Is there a class for that somewhere?   I can do classes at any time, except 11am - noon.   Price is Right is on then.   I imagine you have to at least know how to lie on documents and do some good acting to pull it off.

post #59 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam e View Post

 

Is there a class for that somewhere?   I can do classes at any time, except 11am - noon.   Price is Right is on then.   I imagine you have to at least know how to lie on documents and do some good acting to pull it off.


no, you know those commercials for attorney's that you see during Price is right?  (not the bankruptcy ones, the other ones)  pretty much any of them will help you do all of that for you. 

post #60 of 61

I hear Walmart is hiring.

post #61 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 460CompMark View Post

I hear Walmart is hiring.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › anyone in computers or IT career?