or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Forum Profile Handicap Indices....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Forum Profile Handicap Indices.... - Page 43

post #757 of 841
Up to the highest number in a couple years for me to 5.0. I have got to start putting some scores together. I really don't want to end the year in the 5s.
post #758 of 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Up to the highest number in a couple years for me to 5.0. I have got to start putting some scores together. I really don't want to end the year in the 5s.
I hear ya. I'm looking at going over a 15.
post #759 of 841

Steady at 13.4 :-\

post #760 of 841

Last revision went from 9.4 to 8.6. Getting closer to my goal of getting my home course handicap into single digits.

post #761 of 841
Yep it's correct and current. I use GHIN to keep it updated every round.
post #762 of 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

Last revision went from 9.4 to 8.6. Getting closer to my goal of getting my home course handicap into single digits.

Nice!
post #763 of 841
Up again to 10.4. I keep bouncing around between 9 an 11.
post #764 of 841

Not playing today, sucks because I think I have a best ever round in me. 4 of my last 5 rounds were sub 80 and the one that wasn't was 80, another good one would move me down even more. But tomorrow I will be 7.7 so a good half month of golf.

post #765 of 841

I'll be the first to post a 8/15 HC revision...............:-D

2.6 to 2.4!!    

The trend continues!

 

..........but  I am faced with a big challenge to keep it going.  With the 8/15 revision, the highest score among the 'counted' scores is a 78.     A 74 and 3-78s are my next 4 scores to drop so I need to play some good golf in the next 2 weeks or my HC will surely rise for the 9-1 revision.......  I've scored a lot of decent rounds in the upper 70s, but not many 75 or under.  I need some of those........ I definitely need to play better or I may have reached my peak for 2014.

post #766 of 841

15.2 :cry: 

post #767 of 841
Thread Starter 

7.0.......yep, 7 point freaking 0!  :-O

 

I only have 6 rounds in the 70's in my last 20, and my scoring average is 81.2.  I'm not playing terrible, I'm just missing a couple of greens more than normal, not converting missed greens quite as well as I should, and not getting enough birdies to off-set the difference.  Putting can't make up for poor ball-striking.

 

I'm also struggling in the heat.  It's been EXTREMELY hot down here this year and I'm starting to feel my age.   I'm really wearing down after 13 holes or so in the early afternoon heat and my play late in the round shows it. 

post #768 of 841
Dropped 2 full points to 8.4. I had to career rounds back to back, a 74 and a 75. My lessons seem to be taking hold.
post #769 of 841

I figure that if you got to take off your shoes to count it all up, there isn't really any point. Maybe next year.

post #770 of 841

Dropped to a 0.6 this morning. My goal was to get to scratch by the end of next year, but I'm on track to make it quicker than that. I don't think I can make it to scratch by the end of this season, but hopefully late spring/mid-summer of next year I can make it. I have the game to be scratch right now until I get on the green. HAVE to improve in that 5-6 feet range.

post #771 of 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanadiens View Post
 

I figure that if you got to take off your shoes to count it all up, there isn't really any point. Maybe next year.

lol Candian.  I need to do that plus one other person would have to take a shoe off.  32.2 down from 33.1 last revision.  

post #772 of 841

1.5 -> 2.3

 

obv official

 

This is now the third straight summer I've been stuck constantly fluctuating in between 1-4, still looking for that missing piece that'll finally get me dat dere plus sign :loco: 

post #773 of 841
Well not official but decided to go through last 20 and put online to figure it out and as of today 7.5. Welcome to single digits for me.

On another note I have tried to go online to join the official handicap site but it always says something about joining a club to do it and I don't even know where to start with that. If someone could post a link to where I can just sign up and go I would appreciate it. Putting in last 20 scores and finding course/slope rating for all the courses is quite tedious.
post #774 of 841
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwoodtigerdo View Post

Well not official but decided to go through last 20 and put online to figure it out and as of today 7.5. Welcome to single digits for me.

On another note I have tried to go online to join the official handicap site but it always says something about joining a club to do it and I don't even know where to start with that. If someone could post a link to where I can just sign up and go I would appreciate it. Putting in last 20 scores and finding course/slope rating for all the courses is quite tedious.

 

You can establish an official handicap through your state golf association.  You need not belong to an actual golf club.  Simply sign up for a Type III "e-club". 

 

http://www.carolinasgolf.org/how-to-join-cga

 

Nothing to it.   :beer:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Forum Profile Handicap Indices....