or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › In one short year...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

In one short year... - Page 2

post #19 of 46

Just imagine how good this guy could be if he had a long year to work on his game.  Smh, he would be LIGHTS OUT!

 

OP, STFU complaining about people not being "constructive" enough in your thread when you basically write a soliloquy about your incredible golf game before asking a question that actually never included a question and instead was just more boasting about your fast twitch muscle fibers and incredibly fast-firing hips.  I'm still looking for the question mark that usually indicates a question has been asked.  Instead, you could have simply asked about what you can do to improve whatever it is you think is wrong with your swing and supplement that with a video.  Bragging about your tour-quality-everything for 5/8ths of a post beforehand should be flamed.

 

Now, there are some good resources available to you if, indeed, you want to work on something.  Our own mvmac may even be near your area.  Plus there is a very active SoCal group that would probably love to play some rounds with you, provided you don't spend 4 hours complaining about how your combination impeccable hand-eye coordination and club-head speed makes it nearly impossible for your golf balls to not spin off of every green.  They even have an outing in October you may want to consider joining.

 

Lastly, f**k you if your post is truthful.  If you're really that good in such a short period of time, I hope you can taste my envy!

post #20 of 46

It's actually the humility that I'm so impressed with.

post #21 of 46

a3_biggrin.gif

post #22 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnonongus View Post

 

 

I'm just trying to fill people in on the situation. The only person trolling is you.

 

 

I'd venture to say that there are quite a few people in the world whom, if they put in the amount of time I have, would be great golfers as well. It has nothing to do with "boasting about how awesome I am". Quite the contrary. I'm a good golfer, but won't get to where I want to if I don't get over the hump that i've been at for a few months.

 

 

If you were to go to one of the nicest public courses in your area and make 18-20 6 footers 5 times in a row before you could go home every night, you'd be a hell of a putter too.

 

 

I was under the impression that this was a forum for intellectual discussion, so if we could keep it at that, I'd appreciate it.

 

So you make 90-100 6 foot putts in a row before you go home every single day?

post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh1508 View Post

 

So you make 90-100 6 foot putts in a row before you go home every single day?

Not perfectly clear, but I think he may of meant make 18 of 20 6 footers...

post #24 of 46
Whatever you do, don't join the Modesty Tour, you'll get crushed.
post #25 of 46
Lets get this back on topic please. No need for pointless bashing.
post #26 of 46
Just waiting on OP, surely he'll deliver with a swing video. Until theres evidence hes wasting our time
post #27 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloverUT View Post

Lets get this back on topic please. No need for pointless bashing.

 

I dare you to pinpoint the topic.

post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker James View Post

I ain't touchin this....
^^^^
post #29 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillPier View Post

Whatever you do, don't join the Modesty Tour, you'll get crushed.

You mean by the spectators? a3_biggrin.gif



Seriously, you have learned all the terminology and all the rules and quirks in that same time that you learned the swing, course management and the putting and chipping skills needed to get you to the mini-tour level?

Pretty amazing. That means that not only are you athletically gifted, but probably have a very high IQ to boot.

When you said that you can drive 300 yards, that is very believable.

The fact that you are a scratch player inside of a year and hit a plateau for the last month or so is very diffiicult to fathom.

Hope you do join the So. Cal. Outing, because even if you have a small portion of the skill that you stated in your original post you would still impress many of us.
post #30 of 46
My advice is you need to work on your confidence, you seem to be lacking in self belief, dont be disheartened it took a whole year of practice to get to scratch! Some people take longer than that, work on your grip and keep your head down, tiger will soon be looking over his shoulder at you!
Good luck!
post #31 of 46
I keep hearing this guys video will be up soon well where is it... hmmm
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


The fact that you are a scratch player inside of a year and hit a plateau for the last month or so is very diffiicult to fathom.

 

rare, but not unprecedented-

 

Larry Nelson started at 21 and broke 70 within 9 months http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Nelson

 

Greg Norman started at 15 and was scratch within 2 years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Norman

 

Calvin Peete started in his 20s and got very good, very quickly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Peete

 

While most PGA Tour pros take up the game as kids, my guess is that many of them had the ability to get to a scratch within a year had the taken up the game as young adults and practiced every day like the OP says he does.  

 

I've played quite a bit with a ~3 HC who is now in his 60s with bad knees that don't let him practice much.  He was an All-American HS basketball player and took up the game in his 20s.  His father in law had him take quite a few lessons before he would take him to play an actual round.  I am not sure how long it took him to become a scratch, but my guess is that it was pretty quickly.  He got down to about a +3 and shot under par in a Sr Tour event before his knees started to limit him.  

 

Of course, it would be nice to see a swing video to show us that the OP has that kind of talent.

post #33 of 46

Absolutely love Amnonongus's golf vocabulary i.e., "short game is lights out, wedges are dead on point" - heck how does he address the ball - "helloooo balllll"!! LMAO

post #34 of 46

Well, that sets a high bar for the OP.  If he has that kinda game we should see him on tour in a few years.

post #35 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEfree View Post

rare, but not unprecedented-

Larry Nelson started at 21 and broke 70 within 9 months http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Nelson


Greg Norman started at 15 and was scratch within 2 years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Norman


Calvin Peete started in his 20s and got very good, very quickly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Peete


While most PGA Tour pros take up the game as kids, my guess is that many of them had the ability to get to a scratch within a year had the taken up the game as young adults and practiced every day like the OP says he does.  

I've played quite a bit with a ~3 HC who is now in his 60s with bad knees that don't let him practice much.  He was an All-American HS basketball player and took up the game in his 20s.  His father in law had him take quite a few lessons before he would take him to play an actual round.  I am not sure how long it took him to become a scratch, but my guess is that it was pretty quickly.  He got down to about a +3 and shot under par in a Sr Tour event before his knees started to limit him.  

Of course, it would be nice to see a swing video to show us that the OP has that kind of talent.

Difficult to fathom does not mean impossible a1_smile.gif).

I agree that he might really be in that rare case, hope he joins our playing group regardless.
post #36 of 46
a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I dare you to pinpoint the topic.

I guarantee the topic isn't bashing a new member and calling him a liar. I know that for sure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › In one short year...