or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › your Tampa Rays
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

your Tampa Rays

post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 

1st place. They are fun to watch.

post #2 of 38

Its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to get excited.

post #3 of 38
Thread Starter 

they have the best pitching in baseball, maybe. Id make a gentlemans bet they at least get the wildcard.

post #4 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolookpass View Post

they have the best pitching in baseball, maybe. Id make a gentlemans bet they at least get the wildcard.

Let's not get out of control with the *best pitching in baseball thing* - Shields was their best and he is gone, Price is overrated and give the kids a few seasons before declaring anything on them.

 

The morons in Tampa wanted to declare Matt Moore Cy Young before last season started and how did that work out?

 

If you really want to support your team, go to the games instead of posting on here before they move to Nebraska, CT or some other 2nd rate city that builds them a stadium.

post #5 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

Let's not get out of control with the *best pitching in baseball thing* - Shields was their best and he is gone, Price is overrated and give the kids a few seasons before declaring anything on them.

The morons in Tampa wanted to declare Matt Moore Cy Young before last season started and how did that work out?

If you really want to support your team, go to the games instead of posting on here before they move to Nebraska, CT or some other 2nd rate city that builds them a stadium.

I don't know that I would say "the best pitching baseball" but you to admit that with the exception of Hernandez there is a chance of our starter going 8 or even 9 innings every night, and even Hernandez has had a couple really good starts this season.
There aren't many teams that can say that.
So, the best single pitcher in baseball, Maybe not, but collectively we prob have the best pitching in baseball.
Especially when you figure in the back-end of our bullpin.
post #6 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

Let's not get out of control with the *best pitching in baseball thing* - Shields was their best and he is gone, Price is overrated and give the kids a few seasons before declaring anything on them.

 

The morons in Tampa wanted to declare Matt Moore Cy Young before last season started and how did that work out?

 

If you really want to support your team, go to the games instead of posting on here before they move to Nebraska, CT or some other 2nd rate city that builds them a stadium.

lol

post #7 of 38
Baseball, right?

Meh....
post #8 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolookpass View Post

1st place. They are fun to watch.

Very good team, great manager and they always play the AL East tough.  It is sad that they have no fan support.  

post #9 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

Let's not get out of control with the *best pitching in baseball thing* - Shields was their best and he is gone, Price is overrated and give the kids a few seasons before declaring anything on them.

The morons in Tampa wanted to declare Matt Moore Cy Young before last season started and how did that work out?

If you really want to support your team, go to the games instead of posting on here before they move to Nebraska, CT or some other 2nd rate city that builds them a stadium.

Let's not confuse "best" with "horse". True Shields was our horse but given what we got in return I would say that it was a pretty good trade. Its pretty odd to call the reigning AL Cy Young award winner "overrated". The young guys are just that, young, and looking pretty good regardless.
Speaking of the morons in Tampa, for anyone who doesn't know, Brandon is a suburb of Tampa that is built on top of swampland. Good job on essentially calling yourself a moron.
Another FYI, the Rays ate actually located in St Petersburg hence the name "Tampa BAY" Rays...
Your comment makes you sound like a huge Yankme fan.
post #10 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp33 man View Post


Let's not confuse "best" with "horse". True Shields was our horse but given what we got in return I would say that it was a pretty good trade. Its pretty odd to call the reigning AL Cy Young award winner "overrated". The young guys are just that, young, and looking pretty good regardless.
Speaking of the morons in Tampa, for anyone who doesn't know, Brandon is a suburb of Tampa that is built on top of swampland. Good job on essentially calling yourself a moron.
Another FYI, the Rays ate actually located in St Petersburg hence the name "Tampa BAY" Rays...
Your comment makes you sound like a huge Yankme fan.

:::yawn::: you probably actually like this rays announcer that mentions that the rays *lost their no-hitter* on the second batter

post #11 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

:::yawn::: you probably actually like this rays announcer that mentions that the rays *lost their no-hitter* on the second batter
???? Grammar is not your strong point... like I said huge Yankme fan
post #12 of 38

.5 behind Boston now
 

post #13 of 38

Just wait until tomorrow when we get to finish off the Red Sox......Price on the mound....

post #14 of 38

Im a lifelong Orioles fan.  People have no idea how hard it is being a fan of that team when they are in THAT division.  So freaking brutal. 
 

post #15 of 38

You are probably right Foz Price seems to have bostons number lately

post #16 of 38
Thread Starter 

yesssssssssssssssssssss

post #17 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozcycle View Post

Just wait until tomorrow when we get to finish off the Red Sox......Price on the mound....

Them's tall words from a team with a fan base smaller than that of most MLS teams.

As someone who was at game 162 in 2011 between the Red Sox and Orioles, and watched the greatest September collapse ever come to a conclusion, I like to think I know what I'm talking about when I say, "there's a lot of baseball left. Seriously. A lot of baseball. Have you been to a game recently? They take foreeeeeeeeever."
post #18 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Them's tall words from a team with a fan base smaller than that of most MLS teams.

As someone who was at game 162 in 2011 between the Red Sox and Orioles, and watched the greatest September collapse ever come to a conclusion, I like to think I know what I'm talking about when I say, "there's a lot of baseball left. Seriously. A lot of baseball. Have you been to a game recently? They take foreeeeeeeeever."
Foreeeeeeever.... Foreeeeeeever....
I actually saw an article that talked about how long AL games, AL east games and especially Rays, Yankee and Boston games are... btw don't be so harsh, we have to deal with allot of transplants down here and we also pull from a much less densely populated area. We are slowly building a good fan base it just takes time, Fenway didn't always sell out either in fact I remember when it didn't and I'm not all that old.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › your Tampa Rays