They kicked wrestling out of the Olympics which is crap. IMO, there are many sports that should have been kicked out ahead of Olympics. If I am an IOC czar, I'd drop the following sports from the Olympics in a heart beat. In no particular order ...
- Equestrian - belongs in animal Olympics. Animals do the work and rich owners gets the medal?
- Modern Pentathlon - this opens the door for more combination events anyone can think of. How about combing boxing, marathon, and diving and call it a trimadathon?
- Race walking - what's next? Race crawling on all four? How about race walking side ways? Race hopping using one leg?
- Trampoline - isn't it like jumping up and down on bed?
- Sync swimming - I can see syncrho 100 meter dash, syncrho biking, ...
- Sync diving - Chinese conspiracy to add a few more medals to their total
- Artistic Gymnastics - belongs in Cirque du Soleil?
- Sailing - how about parachuting? Of course, then comes synchro parachuting.
Reduce medal category:
- Swimming - American conspiracy to beef up medal total. See my comment on race walking. There should be only one style (free or whatever a swimmer can swim fastest). At least get rid of medley event, and/or team events.
- Track - see swimming.
- Canoe/Kayaking - I almost put this on "Ban" category.
- Cycling - when and how we ended up with 4 different types of bicycling: BMX, road, track, mountain? Ooooo ... I see combination category coming.
- Gymnastics - either get rid of all round event or just have it only
- Rowing - see Canoe
- Shooting - I almost put this on "Ban" category.
What are your lists?