or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › What sports teams do you absolutely hate?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What sports teams do you absolutely hate? - Page 5

post #73 of 121

Not sure the order, but...

 

NY Giants

Cowboys

Red Sox

Mets

Celtics

Lakers

NY Rangers

Penguins

The Red Sox beards - I really, really, hope the baseball beards are a fad that dies out after this year. Can't stand them.

post #74 of 121

MLB: Yankees (been a RedSox fan for years even though I live in Dallas, TX)

 

NFL: Ravens (because they used to have murderer who praised god all the time)

         Eagles (they have the dog killer and by far the worst fans in the NFL)

         Cowboys (they have the dumbest GM, most overrated QB, and a fan base that supports their mediocrity)

 

NBA: Lakers, Heat, Thunder (I'm a Mavs fan...gotta respect a non-flashy, "hey look at me", "I'm here for the money" type of player like Dirk)

 

NCAAF: Texas Longhorn (I went to Texas A&M...I even hate the color orange!)

               Penn State (for all the obvious reason!)

 

NHL: Does anyone in Texas even watch or realize we have a team???  I couldn't name a single Dallas Star since they won the Cup.

post #75 of 121

MLB: Mets, Braves, Nationals (Phillies fan)

 

NFL: Giants, Cowboys  (Eagles fan)

 

NBA: Celtics, Lakers  (Sixers fan)

 

College football: Notre Dame, Miami, Alabama (Penn State fan)

 

College basketball: Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse (Villanova, Big Five fan)

post #76 of 121

Hates in NCAA football.

 

1. Notre Dame (with nobody else a close second) since 1966.

 

2. Any Big Ten team.

 

3. Any Pac 12 team.

 

I don't "hate" any other teams in sports. Just like some more than others.

post #77 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 

Hates in NCAA football.

 

1. Notre Dame (with nobody else a close second) since 1966.

 

2. Any Big Ten team.

 

3. Any Pac 12 team.

 

I don't "hate" any other teams in sports. Just like some more than others.


And they say SEC fans have the potential to be open-minded. Guess not.

post #78 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
 


And they say SEC fans have the potential to be open-minded. Guess not.

Who says that? We can hate whoever we want just like everybody else does.

 

We watched for years as they tried to marginalize us with exclusive Rose Bowl contracts and Notre Dame didn't play in bowl games at all. It assured them their champion didn't have to play a Big 12, SW, or SEC team in a bowl game.

 

Now that the shoe is on the other foot and they are the ones that are being marginalized they don't like it.

 

Yep, I've hated them for a long, long time.


Edited by MS256 - 11/26/13 at 1:19pm
post #79 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
 


And they say SEC fans have the potential to be open-minded. Guess not.

SEC fans are riding high right now.  They were envious of the Big Ten for decades and now that they are on top, they are enjoying every second of it and rub it in every chance they get.

I would advise any fan to be careful how much they talk because everything is cyclical and eventually the SEC will be irrelevant again.

I personally dont agree with the B1G and Pac-12 champion getting an automatic bid to play in the Rose Bowl.  IMO, #3 and #4 should play in the rose bowl but Im not the one who makes the rules.

post #80 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer View Post
 

SEC fans are riding high right now.  They were envious of the Big Ten for decades and now that they are on top, they are enjoying every second of it and rub it in every chance they get.

I would advise any fan to be careful how much they talk because everything is cyclical and eventually the SEC will be irrelevant again.

I personally dont agree with the B1G and Pac-12 champion getting an automatic bid to play in the Rose Bowl.  IMO, #3 and #4 should play in the rose bowl but Im not the one who makes the rules.

Funny that when I read down the list of "hates" I see the SEC, and Alabama mentioned a lot (and that's fine with me and everybody else) but when we mention who we hate all of the sudden we are rubbing it in and not open-minded. SMH!

post #81 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 

Funny that when I read down the list of "hates" I see the SEC, and Alabama mentioned a lot (and that's fine with me and everybody else) but when we mention who we hate all of the sudden we are rubbing it in and not open-minded. SMH!


I guess I shouldn't have lumped ALL SEC fans with your hates.  Sorry to any other SEC fan I insulted. But I can't understand why you would hate entire conferences.  What has Washington State or Northwestern ever done to the SEC, beside lose?

post #82 of 121
I cant recall me ever being envious of the big 10. I also don't hate any leagues per se. I generally only dislike certain coaches and those coaches are sometimes in the SEC.
post #83 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
 


I guess I shouldn't have lumped ALL SEC fans with your hates.  Sorry to any other SEC fan I insulted. But I can't understand why you would hate entire conferences.  What has Washington State or Northwestern ever done to the SEC, beside lose?

Hating those conferences and everything to do with them goes way back, has absolutely nothing to do with winning or losing, and everything to do with policies and the National media. In fact if I HAD to pick a favorite among my hated teams in the PAC 12 it would be Stanford and my favorite among Big Ten teams would be Ohio State (so not exactly the bottom feeders).

 

P.S. People younger than I am would have a totally different view of those conferences and Notre Dame and people older than I am would feel even more strongly about it than I do.


Edited by MS256 - 11/26/13 at 2:53pm
post #84 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
 


And they say SEC fans have the potential to be open-minded. Guess not.

 

I wouldn't expect any sports fans to be open minded. I mean, what is the word "fan" short for?

post #85 of 121
Yeah-Once you hate Tiger theres no going back from that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

I wouldn't expect any sports fans to be open minded. I mean, what is the word "fan" short for?

I dont hate any sports teams. I root against any team playing my teams, but I don't have time for hate. Theyve never done anything to me, and theyre just people doing their jobs when they've beat my team.
post #86 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

I dont hate any sports teams. I root against any team playing my teams, but I don't have time for hate. Theyve never done anything to me, and theyre just people doing their jobs when they've beat my team.

That's how I feel about it as well. I dislike Oregon because I don't like Phil Knight's money giving them an advantage in facilities which gives them an edge on recruiting in the Pac-12. I like their offense because it's fun to watch, but I also liked it when Stanford handed them their asses. But I don't hate the team.  Their obnoxious fans, on the other hand.....

post #87 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post

That's how I feel about it as well. I dislike Oregon because I don't like Phil Knight's money giving them an advantage in facilities which gives them an edge on recruiting in the Pac-12. I like their offense because it's fun to watch, but I also liked it when Stanford handed them their asses. But I don't hate the team.  Their obnoxious fans, on the other hand.....

Oregon is like 6th in the Pac in recruiting every year. UCLA, USC, Washington, Cal, Stanford in that order almost a yearly basis.
post #88 of 121

Not surprisingly, there are a lot of Yankees and Lakers haters.  I'm from LA and a die hard Lakers fan so my most hated team WITHOUT A DOUBT is the Boston Celtics with no other team coming close.  My hated for the Celtics has spilled over to other sports so I also dislike the Red Sox and the Patriots.  The Cardinals are also now on my list of hated teams since they beat my Dodgers and I think the whole "greatest fans in baseball" is the most pretentious load of crap I've ever heard.  When they gave Skip Schumaker a standing ovation when they were up by 10 runs or something in the last game of the NLCS I had to stop myself from vomitting.  

 

I'm surprised USC doesn't show up on this list more.  I'm a UCLA alum so I hate the Trojans and everything they stand for.  

 

Wow writing this post just made me really angry..:mad:

post #89 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
 

I'm surprised USC doesn't show up on this list more.  I'm a UCLA alum so I hate the Trojans and everything they stand for.  

 

USC hasn't shown up in the top 10 in the last few years and I'm sure the bowl ban and the scholarship reductions had a lot to do with it. From 2002 to 2008, USC had the top recruiting class in the PAC 10. In 2009, UCLA had tops but second was USC. The NCAA sanctions hit in 2010 and now no one wanted to even touch USC and they're still feeling the hurt of scholarship reductions. The head coaching question is still in the air, but the turnaround of the program by Coach Orgeron is starting to draw interest from some recruits. I don't expect USC to have a top recruiting class for another few years, but they're doing okay with what they have. Just needed a good head coach.

 

And another thing...Fight on! Should be a good game this Saturday. 

post #90 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple drank View Post


Oregon is like 6th in the Pac in recruiting every year. UCLA, USC, Washington, Cal, Stanford in that order almost a yearly basis.

I don't know about that.  The book/movie Moneyball comes to mind here.  I presume that the rankings you're referring to are simply based on lists provided by scouts?  Who's to say that those scouts are even right?  I would contend that the team that is the most successful had the best recruiting ... even if you didn't realize it at the time.

 

So, who cares what the list says in the spring ... whatever the list says in January (where Oregon is usually at the top of the rankings) tells me that they "win" the recruiting battle.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › What sports teams do you absolutely hate?