or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (stb5089)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (stb5089) - Page 2

post #19 of 44
Thread Starter 

Shot 74, 2 over today Mike, heres the adjustments I made (at the range prior).

post #20 of 44

I know it`s been mentioned already.

Your right hand and arm are over-powering the club.

 

Try pushing the club back with your left hand and resting your right hand in a neutral position on the club - just like holding an egg.

Firm but not tight enough to crush it.a1_smile.gif

post #21 of 44
Thread Starter 

Thanks Steve, I'm going to work on my grip next. The most success I am having with changing my game is working on one thing at a time. A super strong grip is def a tough thing to change too haha, i'm finding that out the hard way

post #22 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by stb5089 View Post

Shot 74, 2 over today Mike, heres the adjustments I made (at the range prior).

 

 

Awesome!  How does it feel?  Feeling different is a good thing, means you're making changes.  The turning rates definitely looks better.

post #23 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

Awesome!  How does it feel?  Feeling different is a good thing, means you're making changes.  The turning rates definitely looks better.


It feels good, feels like I'm letting my body do more of the work(hips and shoulders) rather than the arms. I picked up 5 yards on all of my irons too.  Next I'm going to try to work on my weakening my ultra strong grip.  I'm semi reluctant to do this because I am hitting if fairly straight. Do you think changing my release(go ahead and release the hands sooner) along with weakening the grip will produce the best results mike?

post #24 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by stb5089 View Post


It feels good, feels like I'm letting my body do more of the work(hips and shoulders) rather than the arms. I picked up 5 yards on all of my irons too.  Next I'm going to try to work on my weakening my ultra strong grip.  I'm semi reluctant to do this because I am hitting if fairly straight. Do you think changing my release(go ahead and release the hands sooner) along with weakening the grip will produce the best results mike?

 

I think if you're hitting it good, fairly straight, don't change the grip for now.

post #25 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

I think if you're hitting it good, fairly straight, don't change the grip for now.


Okay thanks Mike!

post #26 of 44
Thread Starter 

 

 

 

It's been a year since I updated my swing on here guys.  I worked on cleaning up my setup and increasing turning rates this summer.  Recently shot 80, 72, 77 in my club championship.  Any help or criticism offered on my swing is appreciated. 

post #27 of 44
Thread Starter 

bump.

post #28 of 44

I'm in no position to give you golf tips.

 

However, my advice to you is this...

 

TURN THE CAMERA HORIZONTALLY!!!! :-P

post #29 of 44

It's hard to tell with his cargo shorts, but I would like to know what Mike and other say about his right knee that appears to straighten on the backswing.  It looks like it is causing some spine side-tilt and weight balance issues.

post #30 of 44

Do you have a recent face-on video?

post #31 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Do you have a recent face-on video?


Sorry I do not.  I'm traveling for work this week.  Will post something this weekend though!

post #32 of 44
Thread Starter 

 

3 short irons and a driver swing. hope to get some feedback! thanks everybody

post #33 of 44

Dude...turn the camera horizontally, it will get rid of the huge black bars on both sides of your video.

 

Swing looks pretty good IMO. What are your misses? What are you working on?

post #34 of 44

I see you didn't listen to my vital swing tips. :-P

post #35 of 44

Still see this

http://thesandtrap.com/t/68838/my-swing-stb5089#post_884067

 

 

Good video to check out if you haven't

 

post #36 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENtSwing View Post
 

Dude...turn the camera horizontally, it will get rid of the huge black bars on both sides of your video.

 

Swing looks pretty good IMO. What are your misses? What are you working on?


haha sorry about the camera.  Thanks.  normal ball flight is straight or a small cut.  My bigger misses are an occasional pull hook, a handfull in 18 holes.  Working on cleaning up posture and increasing turning rates. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

I see you didn't listen to my vital swing tips. :-P


Haha sorry i promise it wont happen again!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Still see this

http://thesandtrap.com/t/68838/my-swing-stb5089#post_884067

 

 

Good video to check out if you haven't

 


Im still struggling with this mvmac,  thanks for the video. I don't like how i have some left arm breakdown and the right flexes a little too much.  Whats the best feeling to stop this?? Also in the video my head just on the downswing moves backwards, probably compensating for an issue in my swing place.  I'm a low ball hitter.  Play with a group of 20 guys from scratch to 12-14 handicaps and I have one of the lowest ball flights of them all

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (stb5089)