I'll be taking a vacation this season in Michigan, a bit north and west of the center of the state, in-between Big Rapids and Clare. Any recommendations on nearby golf courses? A Google search pulled up some of the following courses that are nearby:
- The Pines at Lake Isabella (Weidman, MI)
- Birch Valley Golf Course (Sears, MI)
- Spring Valley Golf Course (Hersey, MI)
- Meceola Country Club (Big Rapids, MI)
- Eagle Glen (Farwell, MI) - looks like a links course from the satellite image - is that right?
- Falcon Head Golf Course (Big Rapids)
- Katke Golf Club @ Ferris State Univ. (Big Rapids)
- Firefly Golf Links (Clare, MI)
- Snow Snake Ski & Golf (Harrison, MI)
Anyone have any recommendations out of that list? I don't want to go too far afield, so I'm not looking to play one of the better known northern resort courses. Looks like Katke might be pretty interesting - they offer free golf to kids if I bring my daughter to play their scaled-down course from the family tees.