or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 WGC Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 WGC Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread - Page 8

post #127 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous 273 View Post

I can't imagine it getting better this week with a rowdy, drunk, NY crowd. The goons were in full force last year at Bethpgae when I attended the weekend rounds. I can only imagine what it's going to be like this week. Not to brush with broad strokes, but there's something about a lot of NY sports fans - they seem to take acting like complete SOB's as a point of pride.

 

Oak Hill's in UPSTATE New York. Upstate New Yorkers make wallpaper look exciting by comparison.

post #128 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwick View Post

That was obviously a joke after his only bogey of the day.

 

At this point last year, it looked like Woods was going to win PoY. Let's wait until the playoffs are over.

 

Didn't he only have 3 wins by this time last year, with Rory then winning the PGA and 2 playoff tournaments?  Anyway, I agree that basically one of the other guys (mainly Phil, but I guess Scott as well) would have to win the PGA and a playoff event.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous 273 View Post

I can't imagine it getting better this week with a rowdy, drunk, NY crowd. The goons were in full force last year at Bethpgae when I attended the weekend rounds. I can only imagine what it's going to be like this week. Not to brush with broad strokes, but there's something about a lot of NY sports fans - they seem to take acting like complete SOB's as a point of pride.

 

I agree, they take it as a source of pride.  You can tell by watching those street/parking lot profile/interviews of fans from cities like Philly and NY.  A lot of them feel that if they're not calling somebody a choking dog, then they're not living up to their obligation as a fan.
post #129 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post

 

Oak Hill's in UPSTATE New York. Upstate New Yorkers make wallpaper look exciting by comparison.

With Kodak's filing of Chapter 11 last year, selling off most of their businesses and layoffs Rochester is practically a ghost town.  Should be interesting to see how big the galleries will be. 

post #130 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post

Oak Hill's in UPSTATE New York. Upstate New Yorkers make wallpaper look exciting by comparison.

Really? I was wondering how to get there from my home in UPSTATE NY.

Thanks for the edification though.
post #131 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous 273 View Post

Not to brush with broad strokes, but there's something about a lot of NY sports fans - they seem to take acting like complete SOB's as a point of pride.

 

Hey, I resemble that remark!!!

post #132 of 143

If you yell something irrelevant or obnoxious, you should be kicked out immediately.

 

"GET IN THE HOLE" - BAN HIM

"MASHED POTATOES!" - BAN HIM

"HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG" - BAN HIM

"BABA BOOEY" - BAN HIM

 

You get the idea...

post #133 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

If you yell something irrelevant or obnoxious, you should be kicked out immediately.

"GET IN THE HOLE" - BAN HIM
"MASHED POTATOES!" - BAN HIM
"HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG" - BAN HIM
"BABA BOOEY" - BAN HIM

You get the idea...
I agree. The stupid thing is that it only takes one idiot to affect the entire round for all the spectators and TV viewers. I'd wage the players are not fans either.
post #134 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post


I agree. The stupid thing is that it only takes one idiot to affect the entire round for all the spectators and TV viewers. I'd wage the players are not fans either.

 

Did you hear on Saturday (I think) when the one guy yelled, "YOU AREN'T TIGER WOODS!" at one of his playing partners?

post #135 of 143

Tiger wins at Bridgestone. 5th of the Year. In the words of Larry the Cable Guy " I don't care who you are, that's a dang good year" 

 

He got err done

post #136 of 143

Totally agree, What are these yahoo's trying to prove? They should be kicked out. And if they effect a players swing---banned

post #137 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

If you yell something irrelevant or obnoxious, you should be kicked out immediately.

 

"GET IN THE HOLE" - BAN HIM

"MASHED POTATOES!" - BAN HIM

"HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG" - BAN HIM

"BABA BOOEY" - BAN HIM

 

You get the idea...

 

I think they should be banned not so much because it is bothersome to the players or interferes with play, but just because a) it is moronic; and b) it is now incredibly unoriginal. Mashed Potatoes????? Only an idiot would yell something that stupid.
post #138 of 143
If I was going to yell something after a Tiger tee shot it would be, in the voice of the commercials, "Tro-Jan Man!"
post #139 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerShot View Post

Totally agree, What are these yahoo's trying to prove? They should be kicked out. And if they effect a players swing---banned
It's annoying to hear on tv can only imagine how aggravating it would be for the golfers on course.
post #140 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturday View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerShot View Post

Totally agree, What are these yahoo's trying to prove? They should be kicked out. And if they effect a players swing---banned
It's annoying to hear on tv can only imagine how aggravating it would be for the golfers on course.

 

Or the other fans around him.  I think that every time it happens, if whoever is closest to him boxes his ear, he just might get the message eventually.

post #141 of 143

Yeah. I mean, yell...go crazy, whatever. But yell because of a good shot...don't just wait for the "PING" and yell dumb sh** to be "funny".

post #142 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Yeah. I mean, yell...go crazy, whatever. But yell because of a good shot...don't just wait for the "PING" and yell dumb sh** to be "funny".
I bet it'll eventually be addressed by the PGA.. There's been a couple times I've heard a fan yell nonsense before the player is at impact.
post #143 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

Did you hear on Saturday (I think) when the one guy yelled, "YOU AREN'T TIGER WOODS!" at one of his playing partners?

Wasn't he just saying that because the dude's last name was Wood? That's how I interpreted it but everyone else I've talked to think they were mocking him for being worse than Tiger. Either way, not funny and pissed me off while watching. That couldn't have felt good to be that golfer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 WGC Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread