or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How did the Ohio golf meet-up/outing go?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How did the Ohio golf meet-up/outing go?  

post #1 of 101
Thread Starter 

Was it last weekend or has it not yet happened?

 

Hoping that Slice took Iacas in match play.

post #2 of 101

I would suggest looking at the thread that is already posted about it.  It  has information, pictures, etc.

post #3 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloverUT View Post

I would suggest looking at the thread that is already posted about it.  It  has information, pictures, etc.

I searched and couldn't find it.  A little help? c2_beer.gif

post #4 of 101
post #5 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

I searched and couldn't find it.  A little help? c2_beer.gif

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67534/first-annual-pittsburgh-erie-cleveland-get-together-august-3/0_30
post #6 of 101

Went pretty well. JeramieBoop proved me wrong by nailing a green from 163 yards away with a pitching wedge. (I still contend that he mishit it and got lucky, as his first one was a draw that ended up about 30 yards short...and it was from an elevated tee...but I digress...)

 

I also got to apologize for him so he wouldn't get his ass beat by roid rage Dad after he almost nailed his kids with a pushed 250 yard drive lol

 

I'll give him credit though, he can really crush the ball. He did have a drive go about 300, unfortunately it was his 3rd shot...our group spent a lot of time hitting 3 from the tee lol

 

Jeramie, Grins (Jeff), myself, and my friend Pat were grouped up. We all played pretty terribly. Grins did get his first par 5 birdie though, 3 good shots and nailed the putt! 

post #7 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Went pretty well. JeramieBoop proved me wrong by nailing a green from 163 yards away with a pitching wedge. (I still contend that he mishit it and got lucky, as his first one was a draw that ended up about 30 yards short...and it was from an elevated tee...but I digress...)

 

I also got to apologize for him so he wouldn't get his ass beat by roid rage Dad after he almost nailed his kids with a pushed 250 yard drive lol

 

I'll give him credit though, he can really crush the ball. He did have a drive go about 300, unfortunately it was his 3rd shot...our group spent a lot of time hitting 3 from the tee lol

 

Jeramie, Grins (Jeff), myself, and my friend Pat were grouped up. We all played pretty terribly. Grins did get his first par 5 birdie though, 3 good shots and nailed the putt! 

Awesome to hear.  Someone mentioned something in the thread about losing $2k?  Quite a wagering game yall had?

post #8 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

Awesome to hear.  Someone mentioned something in the thread about losing $2k?  Quite a wagering game yall had?

 

lol

 

Not in our group. We would have bet who could slice it the furthest OB...and it would have been a close match...

post #9 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

Awesome to hear.  Someone mentioned something in the thread about losing $2k?  Quite a wagering game yall had?

Heh. That was me. The day before, Erik, Mike, and I played $2,000 nassau, the average of their scores (rounded up) against my score. They won the front and the total, but I won the back nine to get the deficit down to $2,000.
post #10 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Heh. That was me. The day before, Erik, Mike, and I played $2,000 nassau, the average of their scores (rounded up) against my score. They won the front and the total, but I won the back nine to get the deficit down to $2,000.
Wow these folks are bankrolling.  

Saw the picture of your divotless 3W (?) launch.  Lookin good bud.
post #11 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Went pretty well. JeramieBoop proved me wrong by nailing a green from 163 yards away with a pitching wedge. (I still contend that he mishit it and got lucky, as his first one was a draw that ended up about 30 yards short...and it was from an elevated tee...but I digress...)

 

I also got to apologize for him so he wouldn't get his ass beat by roid rage Dad after he almost nailed his kids with a pushed 250 yard drive lol

 

I'll give him credit though, he can really crush the ball. He did have a drive go about 300, unfortunately it was his 3rd shot...our group spent a lot of time hitting 3 from the tee lol

 

Jeramie, Grins (Jeff), myself, and my friend Pat were grouped up. We all played pretty terribly. Grins did get his first par 5 birdie though, 3 good shots and nailed the putt! 

Hmm... I could contend that I hit the first one bad and the second one good on the par 3 as both were a draw shot. e2_whistling.gif Either way it was a lot of fun and looking forward to the next chance to get together. I still think the best shot of the day for me was the putt on 9.

post #12 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

Hmm... I could contend that I hit the first one bad and the second one good on the par 3 as both were a draw shot. e2_whistling.gif Either way it was a lot of fun and looking forward to the next chance to get together. I still think the best shot of the day for me was the putt on 9.

 

I dunno, your first one had a pitching wedge trajectory, your second looked more like a 3 iron trajectory lol

 

I'd say your drive on the par 4 that left you a chip shot to the green was your best. Even though it was your third.

 

That putt was insane...

 

60 ft lag putt over a big ridge...I think he just whacked it and prayed...a good ole Hail Mary if you will...

post #13 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

 

I dunno, your first one had a pitching wedge trajectory, your second looked more like a 3 iron trajectory lol

 

I'd say your drive on the par 4 that left you a chip shot to the green was your best. Even though it was your third.

 

That putt was insane...

 

60 ft lag putt over a big ridge...I think he just whacked it and prayed...a good ole Hail Mary if you will...

Any putt that long is definitely a hit and pray situation. I got a decent read after Pat's putt went too fast to the top of that ridge, but other than that it was all luck.

post #14 of 101

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.  BTW I hit my PW a massive 115...a3_biggrin.gif  

post #15 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.  BTW I hit my PW a massive 115...a3_biggrin.gif  

Slice had me questioning myself on my yardage even after the round was over. I played a course sunday and kept playing a par 3 that was 135 with my AW/50* to make sure I wasn't getting lucky with the distance, but every shot landed on the green. To be honest, I think both my shots on the par 3 we talked about were mis-hits. One was just lucky and the other wasn't.

post #16 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.  BTW I hit my PW a massive 115...a3_biggrin.gif  

 

As long as you hit it straight, you may have a lot of people beat! :p

post #17 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.  BTW I hit my PW a massive 115...a3_biggrin.gif  

 

Ha. Trade you my PW distance for your accuracy. Fair enough?

 

Mine is good for 130-135. I'm definitely not hitting it 163. Even teed up from an elevated tee I'd probably only get 145-150. 

 

On that same hole, I hit what I thought was a GREAT shot, right at the pin...but it ended up being JUST too much club, burying me in the rough with a downhill lie to a tight pin...almost impossible up and down for me. a4_sad.gif

post #18 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloverUT View Post

 

As long as you hit it straight, you may have a lot of people beat! :p

Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

 

Ha. Trade you my PW distance for your accuracy. Fair enough?

 

Mine is good for 130-135. I'm definitely not hitting it 163. Even teed up from an elevated tee I'd probably only get 145-150. 

 

On that same hole, I hit what I thought was a GREAT shot, right at the pin...but it ended up being JUST too much club, burying me in the rough with a downhill lie to a tight pin...almost impossible up and down for me. a4_sad.gif

Ha, yeah I should mention it is not even close to a full(over) swing though.  I remember in my early 20's when I would hit my PW 150.  Cobra CXI irons.  Loved those babies.  What is funny is they were regular flex.  Can't swing it like that anymore.  At almost 33 it just hurts to much to try and swing that hard now.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
This thread is locked  
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How did the Ohio golf meet-up/outing go?