or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (savosean)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (savosean) - Page 2

post #19 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldengine View Post

If you can't wrap your mind around the idea that practice swings are not the same as real swings than you are hopelessly uncoachable. Upload a video where a ball is struck, WITH NO PRESSURE!

There is no pressure, do I care if my swing is not up to your standards. I can litteraly go and top my ball and care less if you think my swing is bad. My practice swings in this video, were me swinging like I do with a ball in front of me. I will upload a video of me at the golf course when I get a video camera, the only reason I uploaded this was so people could let me know what I can do from what they have seen not critisize weather or not there is a ball there. I got some tips, that my chin needs to be more up and I need a better posture.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I've yet to find a golfer who makes the same swing as his practice swing.

 

Perhaps some PGA Tour level players could do it if they REALLY tried.

Its not a practice swing before hitting the ball this was me, with no ball around me litteraly picturing a ball in front of me to make a video. To watch my plane, to watch my backswing, my follow thru and the complete swing I have. I would not make a practice swing that is not the same as the swing I do when I am hitting the golf ball.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

I am not trying to be rude so please don't take this wrong, but are you "officially" a 4 hc?  Just asking, again I am not trying to offend.  I mean you can get to single digit with a pretty raw swing, I know that.  I know plenty of golfers who did it.  I am just curious how you got to a 4, and what was your study about the swing or golf in general?


I have a 4 handicap because when I place all my scores into my local courses computer witch is associated with the RCGA handicap index. When I play in competitions, Intersectionals my handicap is 4. I don't study the golf swing, I have been playing this game for 7 years and work on my own game by my self. Only recently have I had the interest into asking others for tips on what I should do to get better. I would love to be a scratch golfer, and that's my goal...

post #20 of 54

For the love of God, you don't even have to go to the course to do this.  Get a plastic ball and hit that if you must.  Hitting the plastic ball will be more reflective of your real swing than a practice swing.
 

post #21 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloverUT View Post

For the love of God, you don't even have to go to the course to do this.  Get a plastic ball and hit that if you must.  Hitting the plastic ball will be more reflective of your real swing than a practice swing.
 


Dumbest thing I have ever heard. Hitting a plastic ball in the wind, since I leave beside the water would not show you anything similar to a real trajectory. Seriously if you are going to post something, atleast make it somewhat educated.

post #22 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by savosean View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloverUT View Post

For the love of God, you don't even have to go to the course to do this.  Get a plastic ball and hit that if you must.  Hitting the plastic ball will be more reflective of your real swing than a practice swing.
 


Dumbest thing I have ever heard. Hitting a plastic ball in the wind, since I leave beside the water would not show you anything similar to a real trajectory. Seriously if you are going to post something, atleast make it somewhat educated.

 

A post with misspelled words, improper punctuation, and sentence fragments calling another post uneducated takes irony to a whole new level.  

post #23 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

A post with misspelled words, improper punctuation, and sentence fragments calling another post uneducated takes irony to a whole new level.  

c3_clap.gif

post #24 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

A post with misspelled words, improper punctuation, and sentence fragments calling another post uneducated takes irony to a whole new level.  


I am calling him uneducated in the sence, he does not have a clue for what he explained. I am french and really try to type in english but its hard, and I know I have horrible punctuation and grammar. Atleast, everything I write is understandable.

post #25 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by savosean View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

A post with misspelled words, improper punctuation, and sentence fragments calling another post uneducated takes irony to a whole new level.  


I am calling him uneducated in the sence, he does not have a clue for what he explained. I am french and really try to type in english but its hard, and I know I have horrible punctuation and grammar. Atleast, everything I write is understandable.

 

Well, in that case, my apologies. 

 

Still funny though.

 

To his point, however, he's right. We'll get a much better reflection of your true swing if you are hitting a foam or plastic ball. A practice swing tells us very little. We're just trying to help.

post #26 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post

 

Well, in that case, my apologies. 

 

Still funny though.

 

To his point, however, he's right. We'll get a much better reflection of your true swing if you are hitting a foam or plastic ball. A practice swing tells us very little. We're just trying to help.


I don't think you could get much from a plastic ball here, its very windy and I have hit plastic balls before and It just flies up and takes away in the wind. I am going to take a video of my swing on the golf course, next time I go with a video camera but that won't be for another week or two.

post #27 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by savosean View Post

Its not a practice swing before hitting the ball this was me, with no ball around me litteraly picturing a ball in front of me to make a video. To watch my plane, to watch my backswing, my follow thru and the complete swing I have. I would not make a practice swing that is not the same as the swing I do when I am hitting the golf ball.

 

I think the issue is that they need to see how you swing when you are trying to actually hit something with any kind of accuracy. Your practice swing, which is really good, does not show how you would swing while trying to hit a 1/4" (6.35mm target) . This is why it is important to see you make contact with a ball (be it a practice foam or plastic ball or the real thing), in order to make any meaningful comments on your swing.

 

However, your original question was regarding fitting your driver. I still think it is not possible for anyone to tune your ball flight without actually being there and changing/tuning the shaft/head. This takes a professional club fitter.

post #28 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

 

I think the issue is that they need to see how you swing when you are trying to actually hit something with any kind of accuracy. Your practice swing, which is really good, does not show how you would swing while trying to hit a 1/4" (6.35mm target) . This is why it is important to see you make contact with a ball (be it a practice foam or plastic ball or the real thing), in order to make any meaningful comments on your swing.

 

However, your original question was regarding fitting your driver. I still think it is not possible for anyone to tune your ball flight without actually being there and changing/tuning the shaft/head. This takes a professional club fitter.


Yes, I understand and thank you for the feedback. I am certainly going to make a new video with me hitting an actual ball. I understand how people want to see the ball path, and what my ball does from my swing.

post #29 of 54

I do not think anybody is talking about seeing actual ball flight. Hitting an object is a lot different than hitting an imaginary one. For one thing, the bottom of the arc is more determinable if you can see the exact point of impact.  Without the ball being there as a reference point, and factoring in the camera angle, more information is available with there being a ball.

 

I once jokingly remarked:" I practice in my bedroom taking thousands of swings at imaginary balls, but this practice will probably cease once my S.O. sees the not so imaginary holes in the ceiling".

post #30 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by savosean View Post


Yes, I understand and thank you for the feedback. I am certainly going to make a new video with me hitting an actual ball. I understand how people want to see the ball path, and what my ball does from my swing.


I don't think we would be able to see the ball path in the video, but we are looking to see how you swing when trying to get that sweet spot. 

 

Edit: Sorry, James I did not see your post until I posted this.

post #31 of 54
Savo may be on his way to winning 20+ majors. He can 100% replicate a practice swing to the real swing. We should go to him for advice!
post #32 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldengine View Post

Savo may be on his way to winning 20+ majors. He can 100% replicate a practice swing to the real swing. We should go to him for advice!


You and your none sense post are hilarious, you get me laughing everytime. You sir, have no clue what you are talking about.

post #33 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by savosean View Post


Dumbest thing I have ever heard. Hitting a plastic ball in the wind, since I leave beside the water would not show you anything similar to a real trajectory. Seriously if you are going to post something, atleast make it somewhat educated.

 

We don't need to see you hitting a ball to see your ball flight.  However, hitting a plastic ball would show your real swing much more closely than a practice swing would.  If you want to continue on in ignorance, by my guest.  You came here asking for help but didn't follow the rules of the forums.  When people tried to assist you, instead of listening, you bashed them.

 

And to top it off you tell me I need to post more educated when you can't even friggin spell.

 

Example:  If you are hitting the ball Fat or thin we will NOT be able to see that in a practice swing.  However, even if swinging at a plastic ball, we can see what type of impact you make. 

post #34 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloverUT View Post

 

We don't need to see you hitting a ball to see your ball flight.  However, hitting a plastic ball would show your real swing much more closely than a practice swing would.  If you want to continue on in ignorance, by my guest.  You came here asking for help but didn't follow the rules of the forums.  When people tried to assist you, instead of listening, you bashed them.

 

And to top it off you tell me I need to post more educated when you can't even friggin spell.

 

Example:  If you are hitting the ball Fat or thin we will NOT be able to see that in a practice swing.  However, even if swinging at a plastic ball, we can see what type of impact you make. 


I have yet to bash anyone who actually informed me with some good and proper feedback. Once again if you read my post prior to that one you would know what I mean by uneducated. You were not giving me and educated response relating to the golf swing. Hitting a plastic ball in the wind wouldn't really show you anything more then my practice swing at a tee. Like I said numerous times, I am going to get a video of me swinging at an actual golf ball. People have said the same thing over and over again, and I understand why must you repeat it once I already agreed with it about 10 times in this thread. The way your first post was structured, just came off as rude and I do not have patience for such people.

post #35 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by savosean View Post


I have yet to bash anyone who actually informed me with some good and proper feedback. Once again if you read my post prior to that one you would know what I mean by uneducated. You were not giving me and educated response relating to the golf swing. Hitting a plastic ball in the wind wouldn't really show you anything more then my practice swing at a tee. Like I said numerous times, I am going to get a video of me swinging at an actual golf ball. People have said the same thing over and over again, and I understand why must you repeat it once I already agreed with it about 10 times in this thread. The way your first post was structured, just came off as rude and I do not have patience for such people.

 

I think it is best for you to get fitted with a professional.

 

The hitting is only to "prove" that you can hit it 300 yards. I see enough people hitting that far to believe you can.

 

It seems like the younger generation of golfers can all hit pretty far. My son, who is barely 5'4" 110 pounds, now can drive 240 yards (a bit further than me). A few of his league mates are 14, 15 and 16 and roughly my height or taller and can all drive 280 plus, and I imagine that they could hit even further as they fill in more. One of the Arcadia High sophomores (probably 17 years old), I see on the range, drives 330+ yards straight. His drives go out like a cannon shot, flying quickly over the 250 yard pole. He is still trying out for varsity (I think his putting is holding him back). These kids have all been professionally fitted.

 

So, see a professional fitter, and make the video only to prove yourself (though not necessary).

post #36 of 54
Thread Starter 

I really only made the video because I want to get more consistent on hitting it straight, or have my draw more consistent. I tend to draw the ball, and its a nice draw. But, then there is that one time I am going to the ball perfectly straight and because I play in such a wooded course the only place to go is the fairway. And if it does not come back my score gets affected.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (savosean)