or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › What Ball type and color do you prefer so you can see it easier when using a Driver ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Ball type and color do you prefer so you can see it easier when using a Driver ? - Page 2

post #19 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoSerious View Post

Srixon TriSpeed Tours in white, yellow golf balls just seem so..........toylike, it negates the grave importance of everything going on there. I mean, I wear a special glove and special shoes for this, these aren't toys!

Like These?....

 

               

post #20 of 63
Cool! Are those the new Pumas ??
post #21 of 63

1 Nike (either PD Long, Mojo or One RZN).  I tried yellow balls but didnt find them to be any easier to spot than the white ones.

post #22 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave40 View Post

Orange Volvik Vista iV

+1

post #23 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post

I'm capable of hitting the ball 300 plus yards and that white ball is dam near impossible to follow when playing golf by your self !  If you hit long drives like I do ,   you would think differently I'm sure !!!!!!! 


On a good day, with the wind at my back, and the sun at precisely 47.69* from the horizon, I can hit my 9 iron 215+ yards.

post #24 of 63

White Bridgestone E6, that's my favorite ball.  Too bad they don't make them anymore :(:(:(

post #25 of 63

I like a colored ball because my home course is usually well speckled with seagull feathers, and has a few blind tee shots, both of which make finding your ball a little bit more of a challenge.  Plus, if somebody takes a mulligan, we make him hit a pink ball for the rest of the hole.

post #26 of 63
Thread Starter 

i actually check my shots with GPS from where i hit it to where it ends   taking off the roll of ball   ,etc......     i know exactly how far i can hit a golf ball with every club ,   no guessing to it !!!

post #27 of 63
Quote:
 However, I play Srixon Q Star in white because the yellow option is a darker yellow with a touch of green that for me makes it harder to see. If they made the Q Star in a lighter shade of yellow I would use it.

 

 

Yesterday I used the Srixon Q Star in yellow and loved the ball but it was a bitch to find the ball whether it was in the rough or under leaves in the fairway.   My partners didn't have any trouble finding a white ball. 

post #28 of 63

Just about anything yellow is easier for me to see. I buy whats on special within reason

post #29 of 63

Following the ball when playing alone is often hard regardless of the color. I hit a lot of shots that I have no idea where there went. Could be straight down the middle or could be somewhere else.

 

To find the ball, I like yellow. Avoids confusion and is easiest on my mostly treeless course.

 

If you really are playing alone and having a hard time following your 300 yard drives, try hitting an iron so you can follow and find the ball easier.

post #30 of 63
If it ain't white it ain't right, no but seriously the bright colored balls belong at the putt putt course with a windmill...
post #31 of 63

Whatever you say the coloured balls are easier to see for us with a few years and fading eyesight!

post #32 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozgolf View Post

Whatever you say the coloured balls are easier to see for us with a few years and fading eyesight!

Sorry....55 and blind, but I see white just as well.

Plus, it's golf, not tennis! a3_biggrin.gif
post #33 of 63

Woohoo congratulations too awesome. I guess they just make colored balls cos they can market to a different demographic. Thats also why you see so many white hi vis vests on construction sites I guess... Not!

post #34 of 63

They used to play tennis with white balls and wooden racquets once upon a time. But they also used to play in trousers, but they got over it.

post #35 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozgolf View Post

Woohoo congratulations too awesome. I guess they just make colored balls cos they can market to a different demographic. Thats also why you see so many white hi vis vests on construction sites I guess... Not!

Hey, if it works for you, use whatever color you like. My wife has some nice pink ones that she like too, so I understand. a1_smile.gif
post #36 of 63

We all get the traditional white ball thing, but some can live with the colored ball when we can see it land and a white one just disappears in mid air. The majority moved on from steel spikes, persimmon woods, butter knife thin blades etc Whats in a ball color!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › What Ball type and color do you prefer so you can see it easier when using a Driver ?