or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › My Swing (Kelzzy)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Kelzzy) - Page 2

post #19 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

There are a few similarities but there are also significant differences. First, and I mentioned this before, your right elbow is too high.

Second, you do not have the same explosive power as Woods, which makes his swing so unique. Tiger squats down on his backswing and lifts up at impact to create an explosive blow that allows him to hit the ball a mile. Your swing does not possess that feature. I have seen both swings on video and to say that your swing looks exactly like Tiger's is a huge overstatement.

I would suppose i don't have his power because I'm a 14 year old kid.. he's like.. a 36 year old beast. I'll get there tho :)

 

I agree with you, though. He shoots down with his legs and everything and shoots back up, generating power. If you notice in my swing 2, I do that as well. Not as much as tower, because once again, I can't generate as much power as this 36 year old beast. He probably shoots a thousand more pounds of force and kinetic energy than I do. I wish I could do that, I could probably hit 190 with my PW, too.

post #20 of 117
Thread Starter 

btw dawg, Tigers movement of dipping and shooting straight up is a major swing flaw. It's to generate more power (that he really doesn't need, but wants), and caused him to broke his freaking leg.

post #21 of 117
I'm no swing expert, but I am an athlete who enjoys watching form and fluidity of motion in all sports. I have to say that your swing does not evoke a Tiger feel to me, and I get a kick out of you being so insistent that you do. Your posture looks off from Tiger's at the start to me. At no point do I say, "Wow, that swing looks like Tiger."

In my opinion taking still photos at various points is not effective. He is more athletic and dynamic. You are more slouched and lethargic like Jason Duffner. You are kidding yourself if you think because various snapshots line up that people will think your swing will look like Tiger's. The motion and fluidity and body movements look quite different to my eye. But whatever, broski (hate that word too).
post #22 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post

I would suppose i don't have his power because I'm a 14 year old kid.. he's like.. a 36 year old beast. I'll get there tho :)

I agree with you, though. He shoots down with his legs and everything and shoots back up, generating power. If you notice in my swing 2, I do that as well. Not as much as tower, because once again, I can't generate as much power as this 36 year old beast. He probably shoots a thousand more pounds of force and kinetic energy than I do. I wish I could do that, I could probably hit 190 with my PW, too.
Keep working on it kid. But I'm sorry, I still don't believe you shot a 73. Maybe in a year or two you'll be able to, but right now your swing looks like it creates very inconstant ball flights due to your elbow and wrist actions.
post #23 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldengine View Post

LOL. Tiger going way deeper than u in the back swing. Ur swing is closer to furyks

Not sure if compliment, or insult. His swing is like a round about loop-de-doo. There are no things that are similar in my swing to his.

post #24 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post


Keep working on it kid. But I'm sorry, I still don't believe you shot a 73. Maybe in a year or two you'll be able to, but right now your swing looks like it creates very inconstant ball flights due to your elbow and wrist actions.

I play tournament golf. Next time I play in a tournament I'll give you the link to my score card :)

 

I shoot great with my Pings.. very consistent. 

post #25 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post

I'm no swing expert, but I am an athlete who enjoys watching form and fluidity of motion in all sports. I have to say that your swing does not evoke a Tiger feel to me, and I get a kick out of you being so insistent that you do. Your posture looks off from Tiger's at the start to me. At no point do I say, "Wow, that swing looks like Tiger."

In my opinion taking still photos at various points is not effective. He is more athletic and dynamic. You are more slouched and lethargic like Jason Duffner. You are kidding yourself if you think because various snapshots line up that people will think your swing will look like Tiger's. The motion and fluidity and body movements look quite different to my eye. But whatever, broski (hate that word too).

Broski let me deal a good jam to you dawg. My swing is identical to Tigers. I put screenshots to show that. The screenshots do not lie, just like OP.

post #26 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post

Not sure if compliment, or insult. His swing is like a round about loop-de-doo. There are no things that are similar in my swing to his.
Its a comparison
post #27 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

Not a bad swing but not good enough to post a +1 73 from the back tees.
Just curious, how can you tell?
post #28 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


Just curious, how can you tell?

That's what I'm wondering. Is he Butch Harmon? Nah, just some random bro.

post #29 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post

I play tournament golf. Next time I play in a tournament I'll give you the link to my score card :)

 

I shoot great with my Pings.. very consistent. 


How many tournaments could you have played in the past 3 weeks? Because you said earlier that was how long you have been playing (after your five year hiatus at age 9). Did you play in a tournament the first week back from your self-imposed exile?

 

Anyway, keep on posting your swing.  You'll get some good feedback from knowledgeable folks, should you choose not to be a jerk about it.

post #30 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post


How many tournaments could you have played in the past 3 weeks? Because you said earlier that was how long you have been playing (after your five year hiatus at age 9). Did you play in a tournament the first week back from your self-imposed exile?

 

Anyway, keep on posting your swing.  You'll get some good feedback from knowledgeable folks, should you choose not to be a jerk about it.

I'm not being a jerk. I'm agreeing / disagreeing. 

 

I've played 4 tournaments so far. Thanks, I will post more swings on Monday. Cheers!

post #31 of 117

I would say that your swing is EXACTLY like Adam Scott's. A carbon copy.

I see similarities between you and Tiger - you are both holding a club, and you hit a ball with it, but you have Adam Scott's move covered 100%.

Probably not what you want to hear, given that Tiger is no 1, but there it is.

 

 

Just curious - what is it about Tiger's swing that you think you have managed to emulate? I'm not seeing it.

And your "jive talk" is annoying to everybody. If you seriously want help, you won't get it.

 

This is a good example of why a lot of instructors don't like using video.

The difference between reality and what the player feels are poles apart, quite often.

And this guy only wants to believe what he wants to believe. He won't change.

 

The attitude sucks more than the swing.

 

He has been hoist by his own petard.

post #32 of 117

I find it difficult to suggest that the OPs swing can't post a +1 score on any given course.  I imagine if Tommy Gainey or Jim Furyk were guys we didn't know and they posted their swings, only folks with good knowledge of swing analysis (there are more folks on this forum capable of this) would assume similar things.  But without proper camera angles there isn't a whole lot to take from it, concretely.

 

Having said that, looks very little like Tiger Woods.

post #33 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post

That's what I'm wondering. Is he Butch Harmon? Nah, just some random bro.
Not trying to get tmac angry or anything, but I just don't see how someone can tell a handicap less than 10.

You definitely look strong. The kid I was stating in earlier quotes has a really nice swing, and is virtually par on most courses. However, I'm sure someone can pick apart his swing too. They might guess he's a 10 as well, but he's scratch.

You do have a lot of competition in your age group. You pretty much need to score like that every tournament.

Good luck with the tournaments. Try playing fun rounds for a bit as well. Are your tryouts for high school in the spring? Where are you? Ballpark region only.
post #34 of 117
Hey, if the OP is a cocky little 14 year old why burst his bubble? He might be looking for some validation he cant get at home. If you think he's a mentally unbalance adult, just ignore him.😏
post #35 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


Not trying to get tmac angry or anything, but I just don't see how someone can tell a handicap less than 10.

You definitely look strong. The kid I was stating in earlier quotes has a really nice swing, and is virtually par on most courses. However, I'm sure someone can pick apart his swing too. They might guess he's a 10 as well, but he's scratch.

You do have a lot of competition in your age group. You pretty much need to score like that every tournament.

Good luck with the tournaments. Try playing fun rounds for a bit as well. Are your tryouts for high school in the spring? Where are you? Ballpark region only.

Thanks for the kind words mate, it's nice meeting someone like you every now and then. 

 

You're right, to win tournaments scoring in the low 70's is vital. I'm from NorCal, which is a HUGE golf center. I play through JGANC.. thanks for the luck. I am trying out for the golf team in high school, and I believe they are directly after Christmas. Cheers!

post #36 of 117
Bro, broski, dawg, jams,... He's not lying about his age that's for sure! Personally I like this op's confidence, if slightly delusional, confidence is a big part of the mental aspect of golf, and on that basis.. He may do well!
Swing looks a bit erratic to me, it's nice to hit big kiddo, but it's more important to hit well!
If you blacked up ya face a bit, cut ya hair, grew taller, and worked out, only then would you even start to resemble T-Dog!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › My Swing (Kelzzy)