or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › My Swing (Kelzzy)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Kelzzy) - Page 5

post #73 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

Not a bad swing but not good enough to post a +1 73 from the back tees.

What?? What does that even mean. Anyone who can hold together getting up and down most of the time and hit 10 greens can shoot a 73 especially if the putter is hot. I can't take that comment serious. Swing looks okay.. 73 from the tips would be hard to believe on a 7200 yard course if 9 iron is only going 140. But yeah I think you can shoot a 73. You have basic fundamentals.. the only thing I noticed was your weight in your follow through with the driver. People like to hate. Go play in a tournament and post your rounds too..

 

One thing I find crazy is it is almost like people do not believe that a lot of people out there can shoot low 70's.. lots of people can do that. Shooting low 70's from 7000 yards in a tournament is the next step. Then mentally being able to do it in my opinion to close out a round when it means something is the next step. A lot of guys have gorgeous swings out there. especially skinny guys.. hate those guys.

post #74 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post

People like to hate. 

 

People do like to hate, however in this thread I think it's warranted. It's tough to have any patience or respect for a kid that just comes in here running his mouth like he's the next coming of Christ, insisting that he's the next Tiger Woods. 

 

Can he shoot a 73? Idk, maybe. But if he keeps up that attitude, one of these days someone is gonna punch him right in the mouth. 

post #75 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post

What?? What does that even mean. Anyone who can hold together getting up and down most of the time and hit 10 greens can shoot a 73 especially if the putter is hot. I can't take that comment serious. Swing looks okay.. 73 from the tips would be hard to believe on a 7200 yard course if 9 iron is only going 140. But yeah I think you can shoot a 73. You have basic fundamentals.. the only thing I noticed was your weight in your follow through with the driver. People like to hate. Go play in a tournament and post your rounds too..

One thing I find crazy is it is almost like people do not believe that a lot of people out there can shoot low 70's.. lots of people can do that. Shooting low 70's from 7000 yards in a tournament is the next step. Then mentally being able to do it in my opinion to close out a round when it means something is the next step. A lot of guys have gorgeous swings out there. especially skinny guys.. hate those guys.
He's only been playing for 3 weeks.... I've shot low 70's numerous times but I've been playing for more than 4 years.
post #76 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post

What?? What does that even mean. Anyone who can hold together getting up and down most of the time and hit 10 greens can shoot a 73 especially if the putter is hot. I can't take that comment serious. Swing looks okay.. 73 from the tips would be hard to believe on a 7200 yard course if 9 iron is only going 140. But yeah I think you can shoot a 73. You have basic fundamentals.. the only thing I noticed was your weight in your follow through with the driver. People like to hate. Go play in a tournament and post your rounds too..

 

One thing I find crazy is it is almost like people do not believe that a lot of people out there can shoot low 70's.. lots of people can do that. Shooting low 70's from 7000 yards in a tournament is the next step. Then mentally being able to do it in my opinion to close out a round when it means something is the next step. A lot of guys have gorgeous swings out there. especially skinny guys.. hate those guys.

I agree with Dan here. a2_wink.gif  Who are we to tell people whom we don't know what they are and aren't capable of?  Brandon's also already said this several posts back, but anybody who's ever seen Tommy Gainey or Jim Fukry play golf should know that you can't judge someone's ability by the "purdiness" of their swing.

 

(I realize that there is a backstory that I am unfamilar with that precedes the creation of this thread, however, there is no way we can say that the kid can't shoot a 73 one time based on one video)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast View Post

People do like to hate, however in this thread I think it's warranted. It's tough to have any patience or respect for a kid that just comes in here running his mouth like he's the next coming of Christ, insisting that he's the next Tiger Woods. 

Perhaps.  And again, if I'm speaking out of turn here because of stuff posted on other threads I apologize.  However, it's to be expected that people can get defensive when THE FIRST response to their swing thread is somebody telling them in no uncertain terms what they are not capable of.  And based on the specificity of the "73" I assume it's in response to a claim.

 

If the first response to my swing thread was somebody saying "you're swing is meh and you're a big fat liar" I'd pretty much respond with "f**k that guy" as well.

 

Not taking sides, and not defending bad attitudes, just trying to ... I don't know ... waste time at work, I guess.  ;)  (And be fair)

post #77 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post


He's only been playing for 3 weeks.... I've shot low 70's numerous times but I've been playing for more than 4 years.

I didn't know he had only been playing for only 3 weeks. Course management after 3 weeks alone would be tough after three weeks do you guys agree on that?

post #78 of 117

I'd agree that you can't base a possible score on what a swing looks like.  But I also think you can go with the odds on a person of certain experience being able to do certain things.  

 

If I was a bettin' man, and we had a contest where an official followed a 14 year old with 3 weeks of play time in the last 5 years, I'd bet against him shooting 73 from the tips.

post #79 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

just trying to ... I don't know ... waste time at work, I guess.  ;) 

Haha, you and me both! c2_beer.gif

 

I think it was just his sheer persistence about his swing being "100% exactly the same" as Tiger's that rubbed me the wrong way. Didn't make sense and was annoying in my opinion. 

 

I do agree with you though about not being able to judge a person's scoring ability by a couple swing clips. I have seen some pretty wacky swings in my days of golf, and some of them are quite effective. 

post #80 of 117

To the OP.

Please name the location and dates of these "tournaments" you have played in in the month you've been back in the game.

No need to identify yourself.

post #81 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 

(I realize that there is a backstory that I am unfamilar with that precedes the creation of this thread, however, there is no way we can say that the kid can't shoot a 73 one time based on one video)

 

 

To be fair, I don't think TMAC was basing it on one video.  In fact, I don't think he needed a video at all.  I believe he was basing it on the fact that the kid is 14 and said he had only been playing for 3 weeks.

post #82 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post

Bro you seem to keep forgetting that I said I've been playing for 5 years, quit for 5, now I'm playing again. I'm wired for the sport.. the first day I went out I shot an E through four holes and was hitting the ball consistently. It was all just flowing back to me very fast. I take it as you're an adult and don't know that feel.. but I'm 14.

 

STOP THE FRIGGIN PRESSES!

 

He was even through four holes!  That takes pure game.  Everybody apologize this instant!

post #83 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

To the OP.

Please name the location and dates of these "tournaments" you have played in in the month you've been back in the game.

No need to identify yourself.

Please observe how our gangsta talkin' friend ignores the above.

post #84 of 117

He keeps bringing up that he is 14. Guan Tianlang didn't use that at all when he made the cut at the Master's this year. Where were you "bro"?

post #85 of 117

I am not sure what you all are so surprised about....On Tuesday, I shot over 73 for the first time in a month! If you saw my swing that would surprise you.

 

 

PS....on a side note (and maybe not unrelated) due to getting out of work earlier than normal, I was able to play 18 holes for the first time in a month!!!!

post #86 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzclarkcpa View Post

I am not sure what you all are so surprised about....On Tuesday, I shot over 73 for the first time in a month! If you saw my swing that would surprise you.

 

 

PS....on a side note (and maybe not unrelated) due to getting out of work earlier than normal, I was able to play 18 holes for the first time in a month!!!!

73 is good for a 9.4 handicap nice job. What is the yardage of the course and par?

post #87 of 117
Methinks dzclark was piling our legs :)
post #88 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzclarkcpa View Post

I am not sure what you all are so surprised about....On Tuesday, I shot over 73 for the first time in a month! If you saw my swing that would surprise you.

 

 

PS....on a side note (and maybe not unrelated) due to getting out of work earlier than normal, I was able to play 18 holes for the first time in a month!!!!

So.... You played once in a month.  And shot over 73.  Nice work.

post #89 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

STOP THE FRIGGIN PRESSES!

 

He was even through four holes!  That takes pure game.  Everybody apologize this instant!

Bro.  Do you even play golf bro? f1_cool.gif

post #90 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzclarkcpa View Post

I am not sure what you all are so surprised about....On Tuesday, I shot over 73 for the first time in a month! If you saw my swing that would surprise you.

 

 

PS....on a side note (and maybe not unrelated) due to getting out of work earlier than normal, I was able to play 18 holes for the first time in a month!!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post

73 is good for a 9.4 handicap nice job. What is the yardage of the course and par?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

So.... You played once in a month.  And shot over 73.  Nice work.

dz was making a joke fellas.  I thought it was a pretty good one too. ;)  (If you've read the whole thread, or at least the beginning, you'd get the reference to the 73 ;))

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › My Swing (Kelzzy)