or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Announcements & Tech Support › Profile Pictures Now Available
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Profile Pictures Now Available - Page 6

post #91 of 127

From my Linkedin, only because you asked for it. Don't have any golf related ones besides print outs from charity scrambles of my team.  I'll arrange a photo shoot soon. ;-)

post #92 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post
 

 

Yup.  I just tried to trace the route in Google Maps, and got it wrong - shoulda looked at the card.  It's been about 4 years since I was there.

 

TST Old Works outing?

post #93 of 127

Every once in a while I get to have some fun at work.  I'm the person repelling, not standing in the road, since it isn't obvious.

 

roebling.jpg

post #94 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysell View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post
 

 

Yup.  I just tried to trace the route in Google Maps, and got it wrong - shoulda looked at the card.  It's been about 4 years since I was there.

 

TST Old Works outing?

 

It would have to be planned pretty carefully for me to attend, since I live in the Bahamas now.  I hope to visit my Brother in Idaho Falls next summer, and it might be a possibility then.  However, don't expect much from my game, since I don't play at all down here.  The handicap I show in my profile is computed from the lowest 2  out of 7 rounds I played in August when I was back in Colorado on vacation.  I probably won't play again until next summer unless I take a short break and fly to Miami or Orlando.

post #95 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker101 View Post

No some infection that I can not get rid of and the doctors have no idea what it is?

Grew up in MB a mile from the water, moved to La Mesa right before HS still close. Miss it all the time living in LA sucks, I am sure middle America is hard for a beach boy!

!!I hope your ear heals up soon.  I'm 5% & 10% away from having my ear canals close up completely (surfer's ear :cry:), so I get an infection any time I surf two days in a row (most vacations out to CA).  Ear infections suck - hope it's not too painful.

 

Also, went to school at UCSD -- loved surfing down there (though I mostly surfed at Blacks Beach or north of there...)

post #96 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblar View Post

!!I hope your ear heals up soon.  I'm 5% & 10% away from having my ear canals close up completely (surfer's ear d1_bigcry.gif ), so I get an infection any time I surf two days in a row (most vacations out to CA).  Ear infections suck - hope it's not too painful.

Also, went to school at UCSD -- loved surfing down there (though I mostly surfed at Blacks Beach or north of there...)

Yeah, injuries seem to be prevalent in every sport, sigh. Lucky for me I have good instruction to avoid injuries in golf, now. b2_tongue.gif

We were in La Jolla last summer, kayaking into the sea caves filled with sea lions. What did you study there?
post #97 of 127

I went searching around for a picture but at my house I am the picture taker not the subject. All I have is stills from my swing. So I posted that.

post #98 of 127

Hole in one at Crater Lake Oregon:

HoleInOne.jpg

post #99 of 127

I don't like having my picture taken so I used a picture I took earlier this week... late season golf in the Finger Lakes.

post #100 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Yeah, injuries seem to be prevalent in every sport, sigh. Lucky for me I have good instruction to avoid injuries in golf, now. b2_tongue.gif

We were in La Jolla last summer, kayaking into the sea caves filled with sea lions. What did you study there?

Yes, I've put myself under the same orders.  (The compressed disk in my neck helps keep me from overswinging sometimes too.)

 

I studied linguistics at UCSD.  ...but mostly I went surfing (I didn't quite manage to surf everyday) or on study abroad (three times - Mexico, Spain, and, ummm, New Hampshire).

post #101 of 127

Just another day in Paradise with my two best girls at Wing Heaven!

 

Sassy and US.jpg

post #102 of 127


My wedding pic. Wifey is a multi-time ladies trials champ. She gave me my bike that morning as a wedding present, and we raced to the alter on them from opposite sides, around our guests, in the middle of the woods surrounding our house. She's holding the hem that got caught in her chain as soon as she dropped the clutch (it's cut out and framed on the wall of our trophy room now).

I love golf, but...

"Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme...." (Richard Thompson)
post #103 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpat View Post



My wedding pic. Wifey is a multi-time ladies trials champ. She gave me my bike that morning as a wedding present, and we raced to the alter on them from opposite sides, around our guests, in the middle of the woods surrounding our house. She's holding the hem that got caught in her chain as soon as she dropped the clutch (it's cut out and framed on the wall of our trophy room now).

I love golf, but...

"Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme...." (Richard Thompson)

Trials riding is awesome and gravity defying.  I've seen videos, but never in person for the motorized version.  I have seen MTB trials riders, and they are unbelievable too.

post #104 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Trials riding is awesome and gravity defying.  I've seen videos, but never in person for the motorized version.  I have seen MTB trials riders, and they are unbelievable too.

Hey, if you live in the Boston area you should be able to catch a weekend trials fairly easily. The New England Trials Association holds events every so often in Wrentham, and usually a couple of times a year in RI. The NETA website posts their schedule online if you're interested. And if you're lucky, you might be able to catch a World Championship round when it's held in NE every few years. THAT'S where real physics defying riding takes place. I've been competing all my life, but when I watch those top guys in person I get scared looking at what they're attempting. I hope you get to see some in person someday!
post #105 of 127

Thanks to @RomanHamburg for taking this! From the SoCal outing on 2013-10-13 at Oak Quarry.

 

Oak Quarry 2013-10-13 Sand Trap outing 14th Hole

post #106 of 127
Me on the 180 yard 17th hole of the lakes course (www.schloss-luedersburg.de), one of my homecourses back at home in Germany. Picture was taken early 2012.

post #107 of 127

IMG_0158.JPG

My wife says I golf so much that I even golf in my sleep. I say bah humbug!

post #108 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblar View Post

Tilden Steam Train - NICE!  I go there about twice a year with the kids when visiting family in Oakland. You play Tilden too?

 



The Steam Train is awesome!! LOL. Yeah my boss and I play Tilden quite a bit, it's pretty much the halfway oint between our cities. We have our company Scramble there every year also.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Announcements & Tech Support
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Announcements & Tech Support › Profile Pictures Now Available