or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Gross Misrepresentation of Truth
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gross Misrepresentation of Truth - Page 4

post #55 of 70

and not surprisingly when you do google it, you are led to the reviews, the most recent of which are Zeph's immediately followed by Richard which is dated August 20, at about the same time the first thread appeared.  This was a thought out scheme as just about everybody here realizes by now. Did it work?  who knows?.

post #56 of 70
What makes this even more suspicious is that one of the members of this forum has posted a bogus review of Mr McCrary`s new straight talking golf video. This person has even gone to the trouble of copying and pasting any negative reviews he could find on golfreviews.com. This in fact has done Mr McCrary a favor in pointing people to the reviews, which when examined carefully (excluding Mr Greening) do point in favor of his teachings. How can anyone do a review on this forum of Mr McCrary`s new DVD by copying and pasting the comments of other people who only reviewed the video series from the 1990`s ? If you are going to do a review - please do a real one because this has lowered the public credibility of the forum. It is also very apparent that the DVD/ Digital download seems to be copyright protected. Pictures have been posted from the video content. http://distrify.com/terms#customer DOWNLOAD TO OWN: if you purchase a download, you may download your purchase once; you have 30 days to download your purchase after which time your purchase will no longer be available and you will not be entitled to a refund; you may store and/or watch your film on any device you own without limit of time; you may copy it or burn to CD or DVD, but you may not upload, modify, manipulate, reverse-engineer, publish, display publicly or in any way transmit whether online or otherwise, the Content or any part of it without the express, written permission of Distrify. For the avoidance of doubt, Distrify shall take a very strict approach should you violate the rights of a Content Provider and shall not hesitate to report any criminal activity to the relevant authorities.
post #57 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillR View Post

What makes this even more suspicious is that one of the members of this forum has posted a bogus review of Mr McCrary`s new straight talking golf video. This person has even gone to the trouble of copying and pasting any negative reviews he could find on golfreviews.com. This in fact has done Mr McCrary a favor in pointing people to the reviews, which when examined carefully (excluding Mr Greening) do point in favor of his teachings. How can anyone do a review on this forum of Mr McCrary`s new DVD by copying and pasting the comments of other people who only reviewed the video series from the 1990`s ? If you are going to do a review - please do a real one because this has lowered the public credibility of the forum. It is also very apparent that the DVD/ Digital download seems to be copyright protected. Pictures have been posted from the video content. http://distrify.com/terms#customer DOWNLOAD TO OWN: if you purchase a download, you may download your purchase once; you have 30 days to download your purchase after which time your purchase will no longer be available and you will not be entitled to a refund; you may store and/or watch your film on any device you own without limit of time; you may copy it or burn to CD or DVD, but you may not upload, modify, manipulate, reverse-engineer, publish, display publicly or in any way transmit whether online or otherwise, the Content or any part of it without the express, written permission of Distrify. For the avoidance of doubt, Distrify shall take a very strict approach should you violate the rights of a Content Provider and shall not hesitate to report any criminal activity to the relevant authorities.

 

Do you have a reset button?

post #58 of 70
Yes, and I will use it right now. Don`t reply, I won`t be back again -
post #59 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillR View Post

What makes this even more suspicious is that one of the members of this forum has posted a bogus review of Mr McCrary`s new straight talking golf video. This person has even gone to the trouble of copying and pasting any negative reviews he could find on golfreviews.com. This in fact has done Mr McCrary a favor in pointing people to the reviews, which when examined carefully (excluding Mr Greening) do point in favor of his teachings. How can anyone do a review on this forum of Mr McCrary`s new DVD by copying and pasting the comments of other people who only reviewed the video series from the 1990`s ? If you are going to do a review - please do a real one because this has lowered the public credibility of the forum. It is also very apparent that the DVD/ Digital download seems to be copyright protected. Pictures have been posted from the video content. http://distrify.com/terms#customer DOWNLOAD TO OWN: if you purchase a download, you may download your purchase once; you have 30 days to download your purchase after which time your purchase will no longer be available and you will not be entitled to a refund; you may store and/or watch your film on any device you own without limit of time; you may copy it or burn to CD or DVD, but you may not upload, modify, manipulate, reverse-engineer, publish, display publicly or in any way transmit whether online or otherwise, the Content or any part of it without the express, written permission of Distrify. For the avoidance of doubt, Distrify shall take a very strict approach should you violate the rights of a Content Provider and shall not hesitate to report any criminal activity to the relevant authorities.

 

Regarding the use of a single image, you should look up "fair use." And I'll PM the other reviewer to ask him to modify his review.

 

Goodbye, shill.

post #60 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post

I think the conclusion we can draw is that mvmac has sick visor game (in addition to a beautiful, repeatable swing).

 

Yeah, but those legs.......   z2_scared.gif

post #61 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillR View Post

Yes, and I will use it right now. Don`t reply, I won`t be back again -

I suppose this make for one less person that would possibly need to be restricted from this thread, so less work for the administrators.

post #62 of 70

e4_tumbleweed.gif

post #63 of 70
This whole episode would have been SO much cooler if Mr. Desmond had gone on the course with Dalton and had it all filmed and posted here. I was really curious. Too bad it turned into such a shit fest. Could have been an interesting thread.

Obviously STG can't stand up to any informed scrutiny or they wouldn't have passed up on that golden opportunity for the kind of wide spread exposure that TST could have generated for them.
post #64 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

This whole episode would have been SO much cooler if Mr. Desmond had gone on the course with Dalton and had it all filmed and posted here. I was really curious. Too bad it turned into such a shit fest. Could have been an interesting thread.

Obviously STG can't stand up to any informed scrutiny or they wouldn't have passed up on that golden opportunity for the kind of wide spread exposure that TST could have generated for them.

That would have been ideal. But I have a schedule, travel, and family, and can't meet up with a guy overnight. Dalton is probably fine one on one. I'd give him a fair shake as I try to do for everyone. But many people, as we experience, don't know how to present themselves on the internet. I think STG used this as an opportunity to shill, were defensive, and the threads ended up a sh$tstorm when our members responded to their defensiveness, poor assumptions, lapses of integrity, and lack of substance. If I was STG, I would have stopped all the posting (truce) and waited for our meeting. They could not wait.

post #65 of 70
Here's my opinion.... I think good instructors teach you how to improve upon what you have. This guy talked about "deprogramming" (which btw isn't a word...try uninstalling maybe?) and starting over with a completely new swing, which I think is horrible advice.

Look, I golf around a lot of people, with a lot of different swings that all produce good results. I think as long as you hit the ball pure and square, you will see good ball flight, doesn't really matter how you get there.

There is no correct swing, no one size fits all, look at Jack's swing and Tiger's swing, not the same at all, but both hit pure and square.

It seems to me that this is what 5SK is saying, you don't need to change everything, just incorporate some simple keys postions into your swing and see better results.
post #66 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

If I was STG, I would have stopped all the posting (truce) and waited for our meeting. They could not wait.

That is exactly what they should have done, unless of course they realized that their program couldn't stand up to the test in which case starting a shit storm may have been the smartest play for them. Now instead of having a knowledgable community of reviewers denounce them for quackery in a review complete with copyright free video they can instead claim that we (the 5SK camp I guess) backed down from the challenge. When you look at it that way it's actually a well executed exit strategy. b2_tongue.gif
post #67 of 70
For the record, I would love to see a 5SK vs a STG match, post the entire round, I would definately watch and enjoy.
post #68 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchshot View Post

Here's my opinion.... I think good instructors teach you how to improve upon what you have. This guy talked about "deprogramming" (which btw isn't a word...try uninstalling maybe?) and starting over with a completely new swing, which I think is horrible advice.
I noticed this as well and completely agree. It's a huge red flag for me. The pro at the range I frequent is theoretically really good, has tons of clients, has won awards, and is a very personable and nice guy. But he doesn't tailor his lessons at all. Every lesson he gives is exactly the same (well not exactly ... He gives them in a series of 4 but each if those 4 is exactly the same) to the point where I'm starting to even recognize a lot of his little sayings and speeches during each one. I would never want a lesson from a guy who starts everybody at the same point. No overhauls please!
post #69 of 70

My guess is that if Mr. D showed up to meet Dalton, he would look like the Wizard of Oz.  Dalton, that is.

post #70 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

My guess is that if Mr. D showed up to meet Dalton, he would look like the Wizard of Oz.  Dalton, that is.

Haha, most likely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Gross Misrepresentation of Truth