I played Turkey Creek for the first time about a month ago. Nice course, and somewhat difficult. I can't say anything bad about it, but it also didn't jump out at me as a course I had to go play again soon. Some of my favorites are (in no particular order, and for varying reasons):
1) Ancil Hoffman (because of the variety of holes and wildlife. Some months it's in better shape than others. Can be extremely difficult because the woods are on every hole and are dense. Big numbers abound if you're not straight off the tee).
2) Teal Bend (solid quality, good care and variety of holes)
3) Morgan Creek (tough track, especially the back 9. more fairway bunkers than other courses. Semi-private)
4) Wildhorse (mentioned earlier)
5) Timber Creek (excellently maintained, albeit a bit shorter course)
I've heard great things about 12 Bridges aka Catta Verdera, and Yocha Dehe aka Cache Creek, but I haven't played either of them and I believe they are a bit pricier. I'm not completely sure how my new home course compares because I've only played the front 9 once. But I gotta say I loved the layout. Lots of trees and nice views. It plays somewhat shorter and perhaps a bit easier than other courses, or at least the front 9 does. I've heard the back 9 is tougher. But the maintenance is excellent, as are the greens and bunkers.