or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Abu3baid)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Abu3baid) - Page 13

post #217 of 433
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

So? Update? What did you shoot today?

Still playing the executive course..

Front 9
1st hole 4 putt triple bogy.. Ya missed from 7 feet 3 times in a row 1/2 inch to the right, no break to play either... Only time of the day I went more than 2 putts..
Bogy, par,par,skip,par,par,triple bogy again..
+7

Back 9.. I think I only had 1 triple and the rest either a bogy or par.. Didnt track as i was disgusted with my contact..

One thing i need to get better with is tracking every shot and what happened so that I can start understanding my misses better..

Overall not happy though.. I had too many shanks and just ugly misses.. Like hitting it into the bunker when all i needed was another 15 yards? Ya, I was going for center of the green all day too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

Yes that looks much better. The thing with set up, they can come and go. For me I found that if I know I am set up the way I want, I push that thought away, then focus on my swing feel. Maybe in your preshot routine something like this. Line up to the ball, posture feels good, take a waggle to set up into your A3 swing though. Something to break up the thought process and get you set. 

This is good advice! Thank you for that.. I wasn't sure how I was going tomdeal with this issue.. I will do exactly that, set up.. Go up to the A3 I want 1/4 speed, set back down and fire!
post #218 of 433
Quote:

 I had too many shanks and just ugly misses

Abu3baid...."shanks"!!!.....not just a shank?....this means you need a grip review.

post #219 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Abu3baid...."shanks"!!!.....not just a shank?....this means you need a grip review.

 

Ok explain why he needs a grip review? What grip causes a shank? If so then how does it cause a shank? If it is his grip how does he fix this? 

 

Here's a learning example for yourself @freedrop

 

So lets say you post this in your own swing thread, hypothetically. I post exactly what you posted. Does that help you at all? Do you just assume Abu3baid knows what needs to be corrected? If I just come into your thread and throw that one line down. How does that help anything at all. 

 

If you can't realize how this post of yours does nothing for Abu3baid, then there is no hope for you to improve in the area of helping out golfers. Again you post these one line, shallow tips. I mean come on man, you can't believe you are actually helping someone out with this level of information. 

post #220 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

Ok explain why he needs a grip review? What grip causes a shank? If so then how does it cause a shank? If it is his grip how does he fix this?

 

Here's a learning example for yourself @freedrop,

 

So lets say you post this in your own swing thread, hypothetically. I post exactly what you posted. Does that help you at all? Do you just assume Abu3baid knows what needs to be corrected? If I just come into your thread and throw that one line down. How does that help anything at all.

 

If you can't realize how this post of yours does nothing for Abu3baid, then there is no hope for you to improve in the area of helping out golfers. Again you post these one line, shallow tips. I mean come on man, you can't believe you are actually helping someone out with this level of information.

saevel125...what you may or may not know is that I am banned from threads for voicing my unpopular opinions...two threads so far.

post #221 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

saevel125...what you may or may not know is that I am banned from threads for voicing my unpopular opinions...two threads so far.

 

Yep, I wonder why? 

 

Maybe its because of the incoherent tips you give. Presuming to think that people should just instinctively understand what you are talking about. Keep at man, you'll be gone sooner or later. 

 

No matter what you think. I am trying to help you out here. I am just being honest because I like to see everyone stay around and learn. You have to be open to ideas and be able to back your own ideas. If you can't back your own ideas with data, logic, ect.. Then you are not going to survive in any discussion. 

 

Just like your grip comment. I notice you never answered my questions. Just example of what I am talking about. Just proves that you can't back up talk with substance. You got talking points, you can quote golf digest or the golf channel, but it is nothing substantial. 

post #222 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post

saevel125...what you may or may not know is that I am banned from threads for voicing my unpopular opinions...two threads so far.
Your opinions are not so much "unpopular" as they are "vapid", they have no substance, no real meat. They are moo. If I was running this site I would just ban you completely at this point because you're potentially harming people with your McTips. Unfortunately I do not run this site. Hopefully if enough of the regular community continues to call bullshit on your tripe the damage will be mitigated. Saevel is doing a good job of calling you out and so far you have had absolutely zero answers, I suspect that you don't know shit and that is why you're unable to formulate a rebuttal to any of his challenges.

You should really consider reading more and posting less. There's a lot to be learned on this site.
post #223 of 433

 

What do you think Ernie is doing in  his pre-swing set up?

post #224 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post




What do you think Ernie is doing in  his pre-swing set up?
d2_doh.gif
More of the same from freedrop. Why don't you tell us oh wise one?
post #225 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post




What do you think Ernie is doing in  his pre-swing set up?

I didn't notice anything but his bionic arm.
post #226 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

 

What do you think Ernie is doing in  his pre-swing set up?

 

Are you kidding me right? You can't be this dense? WTF is the point of this, honestly. Did you get dropped on your head to many times? Seriously, he's getting ready to hit a golf ball. What else do people do before they set up to the ball, make a turkey sandwich? Bang a duck, hump a donkey? What is your point? Again you posted NOTHING, NOTHING of value. 

 

Here's my guess, you are going to come up with something you think is genius and claim you know more than me because I didn't see it. I will tell you right now, I DON'T CARE. If it pumps up your own self worth because of your self esteem issues and your inability to accept you are wrong, then more power to you. Some people just need to think they can win a petty battle, when they don't realize they are digging themselves a deeper hole. Honestly, I don't care what you are about to say. It doesn't matter, because it is nothing of importance because your track record proves you can't post anything of importance. 

post #227 of 433

The two acknowledge best ball strikers ever are Ben Hogan and Moe Norman.Both had unusual grips.Hogan wrote 19 pages on it in his book and Norman had a right hand palm grip with the club running along the life line ,it's important.In the Ernie video he is getting his left hand correctly in the first few seconds of the clip.

post #228 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

The two acknowledge best ball strikers ever are Ben Hogan and Moe Norman.Both had unusual grips.Hogan wrote 19 pages on it in his book and Norman had a right hand palm grip with the club running along the life line ,it's important.In the Ernie video he is getting his left hand correctly in the first few seconds of the clip.

 

What is considered correct? You can view every golfer on the PGA tour and there is not a trend between good golfers and the type of grip they use.

 

Tiger uses a more neutral grip, he went to a more left palm grip with Haney and is now back with a more neutral grip

Zach Johnson uses a very strong grip, probably the strongest on tour

Jim Furyk uses a double overlap grip

I believe Tommy two gloves uses a ten finger grip

 

So my point, you can not look at a grip and say, "Oh man this guy is a good golfer". Harvey Penick told a story in his group about one of his students seeing the grip on this guy and saying how he is going to beat him. He comes back, Harvey ask, "How did you do". His student was dumb founded by the fact that he got beat by this guy. The story is, GRIP MEANS VERY LITTLE to a golf swing. Heck some PGA tour players switch between strong to weak to change shot shapes. Grip has a marginal effect on the golf swing. 

 

You still haven't specified why a grip is important when considering Abu3baid's shanks? You just posted a video of Ernie, and spouted about Hogan and Moe. Can't you see how over your head you are here. Might want to get out of the deep end, your drowning. 

post #229 of 433

saevel125.....ok, so Ben Hogan wrote 19 pages just to fill up space.Frankly,your hostile approach to golf discussion makes me think there is no need for us to exchange viewpoints.

post #230 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

saevel125.....ok, so Ben Hogan wrote 19 pages just to fill up space.Frankly,your hostile approach to golf discussion makes me think there is no need for us to exchange viewpoints.

I never said he did. I never said anything about Hogan's book. Now I will. Hogan wrote a book on how to swing a golf club his way. His only reference was himself. In doing so he misguided many golfers. The reason being, we are not Hogan. Not to say his ideas were not transformative on the golf game. He basically started the modern thought process on the golf swing. The problem lies in the fact that people tried to copy his swing motion for motion. People can't do that successfully because his book is written with "FEELS". By feels I mean what Hogan felt his body was doing in the swing. The problem lies in the fact we are again, NOT HOGAN. So we can't not copy his swing. I do say this, his views on the grip are very good. 

 

Golfperfect-FofHleftgrip.jpg

 

This hinge point is a very good start to the grip. I personally do the same thing. I will hold the grip with my right hand with the club face I want, then I will put my left hand on top of the grip. Then I refit my right hand. Just how I do it. 

 

Yet again I still will ask, how did your opinions mean to help @Abu3baid? I am just curious, because you still spout Hogan, Moe, grips, and didn't give anything to help @Abu3baid. That is the problem, you don't elaborate. He's trying to improve his swing. He needs step by step guide on what to do. He needs guidance on his journey to improve his golf swing. This is a difficult thing because we are not @Abu3baid. Meaning we have to articulate golf theory in a way for him to implement it in a way to improve his swing. Do you see the problem with your posts. They do none of this. You dodging my questions just prove your lack of knowledge. 

 

I am all willing to talk view points, but you haven't even been able to talk your own viewpoints. Your not seeing your own ineptitude to discuss anything remotely related to the golf swing. 

post #231 of 433

You should know about this stuff Abu3baid

 

 

post #232 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

You should know about this stuff Abu3baid

 

 

Ok, how does this effect @Abu3baid's shank problem? Still haven't answered that. 

 

Also, again the video points out again that gripping the club, or even the methods in which golfers choose consistently grip the club have different methods. Look at Adam Scott

 

 

This is how Adam Scott grips the club with his left hand. Sure doesn't look like the way in the video. Is Adam Scott a master's champion wrong? 

 

Again how does this relate to @Abu3baid's shanks? 

post #233 of 433
Hey Abu, sorry to hear that you you're disappointed with the round. I'm not worried about you though, you seem like a guy that will work harder as a result, so in the end you'll get more positives out of today than negatives.

IMO, the range and the course are different animals... There's a lot of "safety" at the range as opposed to the course.
E.g it's easy to move on from a bad shot at the range. On the course, it's hard to get that bad shot out of your head.
Or another e.g, You can aim at targets at the range but there isn't the same fear as on the course.

Don't get too frustrated, it takes time for the range work to filter onto the course. The more rounds you can get in the better. Just try to thrust that it'll come good.

I wouldn't even try to guess what caused the S***ks (you should never say or type that word :) )
I've been focusing on Keys 1-3 this past month and started to get a dose of the S***ks, I found that I was setting up too far forward at address (left shoulder past left foot) and I was also too aggressive with my "left knee down and towards the target".
Maybe you tried to force these a bit today?
Don't answer that :)
That's just what happened me, it could be loads of different things.

There'll be better days ahead on the course for you, that's the beauty of golf
post #234 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulhacker View Post

Hey Abu, sorry to hear that you you're disappointed with the round. I'm not worried about you though, you seem like a guy that will work harder as a result, so in the end you'll get more positives out of today than negatives.

IMO, the range and the course are different animals... There's a lot of "safety" at the range as opposed to the course.
E.g it's easy to move on from a bad shot at the range. On the course, it's hard to get that bad shot out of your head.
Or another e.g, You can aim at targets at the range but there isn't the same fear as on the course.

Don't get too frustrated, it takes time for the range work to filter onto the course. The more rounds you can get in the better. Just try to thrust that it'll come good.

I wouldn't even try to guess what caused the S***ks (you should never say or type that word :) )
I've been focusing on Keys 1-3 this past month and started to get a dose of the S***ks, I found that I was setting up too far forward at address (left shoulder past left foot) and I was also too aggressive with my "left knee down and towards the target".
Maybe you tried to force these a bit today?
Don't answer that :)
That's just what happened me, it could be loads of different things.

There'll be better days ahead on the course for you, that's the beauty of golf

 

Well the one criteria for the shank is that it hits the hosel of the club. So what causes this, well the path has to shift to a point that the hosel hits the ball. So lets think about how that happens. 

 

1) A golfer could stand to close to the ball. @Abu3baid's posture looks good, so we can probably throw this out. 

2) If the golfer is working on a swing path from inside to out, specifically trying to push the clubhead to the right then that can bring the hosel in if it gets over exaggerated to much. With this, I would put it down as lesson woes with a swing change and hopefully the golfer can get the clubhead back to the ball as the swing gets better and more consistent. Even Erik has said that he's hit some shanks while practicing movements, but on video those movements were the best position he wants to be in. So he trusts himself to be able to get clubhead to ball in the end. 

3) A golfer has an over the top move to the point that the clubhead gets outside the ball and the path brings the hosel into play. So both inside out and outside in can bring the hosel into play. Usually the fix for this is to try to get the path less over the top, get the clubhead coming more from the inside, even if it drops the clubhead more on a neutral swing path. 

 

As for @Abu3baid, I would continue to just work on the swing and see if it corrects it over time. You are making some DRASTIC changes to your swing. So, growing pains are apart of that. I think I will be having my own soon. The golf simulator at Golfsmith had me hitting big hooks. I mean the numbers were like 60-70 yards left. So, I might be overdoing my swing path a bit, or need to adjust the clubface. At least its good sign that the ball starts right and dives left, I want a push draw, so I can work with that. I also noticed I was hitting the heel of the driver a few times. So my point number 2 there. Swinging outward aggressively can bring the hosel into play. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Abu3baid)