or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Abu3baid)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Abu3baid) - Page 4

post #55 of 453
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

Eight strokes in one season? Nice! Keep it up, man!
Thanks, I know the real challenge will be to score the 4 under 30, but for now I will work on just playing par if I can... However if I keep up the above I really shouldn't have anything to complain about IMO
post #56 of 453
Thread Starter 

-----------------

DISCLAIMER -

1.  wife taped me using I-phone

2.  kid wouldn't get out of the way of my wife with the wiffle ball bat

3.  no ball as I am in the living room

4.  bag of kids clothes in the background need to be given away

5.  see the kind of things some golfers will do to solicit advice?

6. No shoes

7.  Sorry about the wiffle ball bat :)

-----------------

 

 

1.  Aside from the disclaimer, I can feel that my take away is much better than before and that my head is not moving as much as it used to since I started feeling like I am looking over the ball.  

2.  I am pulling away while feeling the pressure in my right arm pit and making sure I am taking my left arm back straight instead of across my chest too much which would make me take it too inside.

3.  I am comfortable with my transition to the downswing, but I think that I need to find a way to make it smoother.  

4.  I think I am shifting my weight nicely into the downswing and at the point of impact I like how my right foot is behaving

5.  I can't really see much of the flip before impact because of the slow recording, but from what I see at what seems like the point of impact and the follow through I really don't think I have much to complain about.  Trying to keep the arms together right after impact up until the follow through!

6.  Finally I want to thank again anyone who has given me advice as I have tried to incorporate as much of it into what I am doing and I am feeling I am playing better.  Still really need to work on my driver and 3 wood, but I guess that will have to wait until I get to it!

 

Regards,

 

Abu3baid

post #57 of 453
Thread Starter 

I took a video last night (yes it's only the top half, but still) and I am very happy to see that my hip turn has really improved (IMO) of course!

 

I think keeping my head steady is still an issue, and I think the major part is that my left shoulder is not coming down enough and thus it pushes my chin out of the way and my head has no option but to go that direction.  Although, when I go in slow motion this doesn't happen, so maybe it's over swinging.  I don't know.  For now though, I think being able to turn my hips without leaning back should really help with consistency.

 

 

post #58 of 453
Thread Starter 

Ok.. finally was able to video at the range since the last time back in early Nov.

 

3Hybrid DTL


 

3 Hybrid FV


 

7i DTL

 

7i FV

 

Dr DTL

 

Dr FV

 

Driver Full Speed if it makes any difference

 

I went to the range after I played 9 holes today.. with my head moving so much I should consider my self lucky that I even hit the ball.. I'm so disappointed with my self that all this time and I have yet to solve keeping the head steady :(

 

I'm sure there are other keys that need attention too, but I can start there.

 

On a more positive note, with my Driver I feel like I am coming across the ball a lot less as I have been able to flatten my swing just a tad.

 

Any advice would be welcome!

post #59 of 453

I would check out this thread - http://thesandtrap.com/t/54540/a-centered-pivot by @mvmac , it's a GREAT thread that really helped me understand how to keep from coming off the ball. I'm not even remotely qualified to give advice but I'm going to give a teeny little bit anyway...try shortening your backswing a bit, trying to get the little bit of extra is pulling you off the ball especially with the driver.

 

YMMV 

post #60 of 453
Thread Starter 

Finally took the decision to join evolvr and try and take control of how I play golf.. I have gone long enough on my own.. :)

 

At the very least I have a good base to start off with and I will enjoy measuring my progress!

post #61 of 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post
 

Finally took the decision to join evolvr and try and take control of how I play golf.. I have gone long enough on my own.. :)

 

At the very least I have a good base to start off with and I will enjoy measuring my progress!

 

Great decision!

post #62 of 453
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

 



Great decision!





 



Thanks.. I agree and I have already sent in the vids of my 7i from above to them.



 



I think my priority item will be steady head!  The root cause?  I believe my shoulder turn on the take away is not steep enough as I don't maintain the angle at the set up position(You have to admit my posture is a little better than it was a month ago now)





I think the solution is I really need to make sure that I rotate on the takeaway and really make sure that my spine axes is maintained all the way to A4..  



 



I think if I am able to ingrain that feeling then that should take care of the steady head and I can start looking at other things..  



 



I was actually practicing this last night, and the thing I noticed is that my arms at A4 were slightly flatter than my shoulder angle to the ground.. I'm assuming that's where I want to be..



 



Anyway, at least these are my thoughts and we will see if they are confirmed or not.. If it is confirmed, then I can't wait to see what kind of drills they give me to really work on it.. I can tell you that I feel like I am just really coming down with my shoulder to maintain that angle.. 



 



Thanks for the help @mvmac



 

post #63 of 453
Thread Starter 

I'm not sure why all the spacing above?  I mean I don't see anything in the edit section that could be causing this.. So, sorry in advance..

post #64 of 453
Did you check out the "centered pivot" thread I linked above? It will really help with that angle, you have to turn the lead shoulder DOWN not across.
post #65 of 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Did you check out the "centered pivot" thread I linked above? It will really help with that angle, you have to turn the lead shoulder DOWN not across.

 

Yeah the shoulder does go down and then starts to level out a little past A3.5, the shoulders just keep turning.  His chin/eyes start to raise.  I think part of it has to do with the wrist alignments, there's a lack of "structure" in the grip that causes him to over rotate because the grip is in  a "weak" state.

 

Here's what I think is going on with the grip, looks more like the left pic, grip in the palm of the left hand.  Should be more like the right pic, gripping sitting on heel pad.  Going to feel like the heel pad is "on top" of the grip rather than to the side.

 

post #66 of 453
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Yeah the shoulder does go down and then starts to level out a little past A3.5, the shoulders just keep turning.  His chin/eyes start to raise.  I think part of it has to do with the wrist alignments, there's a lack of "structure" in the grip that causes him to over rotate because the grip is in  a "weak" state.

 

I just took a picture

 

The heel pad feels like it is on top of the club, but I am not sure of the position of the rest of my fingers.. I don't feel like I am holding the club with the palm of my hands either.

 

I have to admit this is the first time I have ever heard of "Structure" in the grip.. I would love to hear more about this (see if there is anything I can do to fix it)

Also, I think maybe my grip is a little on the weak side, although I have been trying to keep it as neutral as possible.

 

In the picture on the right that you put up the position of the forefinger is very interesting because it looks like it is almost coming around the grip, I can't do that with my hand, it just feels weird.. but it seems like the other finger is also coming behind that finger to support it so thae club doesn't fall.. I would be interested to see how the hand wraps around the grip after that initial start of the grip?  It almost looks like it would just come all the way around and the orientation of the face on the club would be extremely closed at that point.

 

I do agree.. I can just see my self over rotating.. lol.. I just want to tell my self.. stoooooop right there and no more, but I don't know if my mind is subconsciously saying.. "go back a little further and you'll really nail it", thus I keep rotating till I pull my head right and up with it and end up seeing the ball with the corner of my left eye.. I guess it's a miracle that I even hit the ball!

post #67 of 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post
 

I just took a picture

 

 

The heel pad feels like it is on top of the club, but I am not sure of the position of the rest of my fingers.. I don't feel like I am holding the club with the palm of my hands either.

 

I have to admit this is the first time I have ever heard of "Structure" in the grip.. I would love to hear more about this (see if there is anything I can do to fix it)

Also, I think maybe my grip is a little on the weak side, although I have been trying to keep it as neutral as possible.

 

First off I let James, instructor who's going to do your Evolvr, know about the last few posts, you're in good hands.

 

Thanks for the picture, would agree it's too weak.  If you "shot" a nail directly through the top of your wrist (in that little indentation underneath your thumb - the anatomical snuffbox ) the nail should come out directly through the bottom of your wrist and into the GRIP.

A common fault would be to have the nail come out the bottom of the wrist and miss the grip on the left side. This would indicate the wrist joint not sitting ON the grip.  This is what I see with your grip, even though the grip isn't in the palm, I think the nail would come out towards the left side of the grip.

This would assist in early club head throw away as when the club is accelerating in the downswing, the wrist joint can't support the downward force of the club.  I also seeing it causing some issues on the backswing, wrist can't support the loading of the club.

 

Pics I just took, notice how the anatomical snuffbox is sitting on top

 

 

post #68 of 453
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

First off I let James, instructor who's going to do your Evolvr, know about the last few posts, you're in good hands.

 

Thanks for the picture, would agree it's too weak.  If you "shot" a nail directly through the top of your wrist (in that little indentation underneath your thumb - the anatomical snuffbox ) the nail should come out directly through the bottom of your wrist and into the GRIP.

A common fault would be to have the nail come out the bottom of the wrist and miss the grip on the left side. This would indicate the wrist joint not sitting ON the grip.  This is what I see with your grip, even though the grip isn't in the palm, I think the nail would come out towards the left side of the grip.

This would assist in early club head throw away as when the club is accelerating in the downswing, the wrist joint can't support the downward force of the club.  I also seeing it causing some issues on the backswing, wrist can't support the loading of the club.

 

Pics I just took, notice how the anatomical snuffbox is sitting on top

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The picture on the left is my normal grip.. The picture on the right is after making sure I feel that a nail would go through the top of my wrist and into the grip.. Notice how you can't see the bottom of the club sneaking out from the bottom in the second picture?

 

The club feels better in my hand, but the one thing I notice now is that my finger seems like it is extended much like it would be with my right hand, while your finger looks like it's tucked in almost like you are giving a thumbs up?  (I'm sure you know, but for others who don't - did you know that " anatomical snuffbox" is called that because it is were people back in the day used to sniff their tobacco from it?  Now they sniff other stuff unfortunately)

 

I look forward to working with James and all the others!

post #69 of 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post

 

 

The club feels better in my hand, but the one thing I notice now is that my finger seems like it is extended much like it would be with my right hand, while your finger looks like it's tucked in almost like you are giving a thumbs up?

 

What finger are you talking about?  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post
 

 

(I'm sure you know, but for others who don't - did you know that " anatomical snuffbox" is called that because it is were people back in the day used to sniff their tobacco from it?  Now they sniff other stuff unfortunately)

 

Didn't know that but I figured it was something along those lines.

post #70 of 453
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

What finger are you talking about?  

 

You'll notice on my grip that my forefinger is almost running parallel to my thumb, while in your grip it goes straigh down and around.. almost like your giving a thumbs up and I'm not.

post #71 of 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post

 

 

You'll notice on my grip that my forefinger is almost running parallel to my thumb, while in your grip it goes straigh down and around.. almost like your giving a thumbs up and I'm not.

 

Mine might be a little exaggerated because I am hinging my wrist up to take the pic but I can see what you're saying with the index finger.  I think you need to get it wrapped under more rather than having it going down the shaft.

 

 

post #72 of 453
Thread Starter 

Thanks Mike..

 

      ------------------------

Grip and Sequencing 
Submitted: January 02, 2014

Grip is on the weaker side so: 
- Heel pad more on top, snuffbox angled towards the center of the grip, not on the left side. 
- Will help load the shaft more effectively on the backswing. 

For the pivot: 
- Start practicing with tees in each arm pit. Will help the sequencing. Arms won't be able to "run off" as much. Will even help you increase the turning rates. 

- Hit some shots where you take it to A3, stop, check that the angle of the shaft to left arm is about 90*, torso is turned about 90, and hit the ball from there.

-------------------

I just wanted to document what I will be working on for reference so I hope you don't mind.  

 

I have adjusted my grip and I am having no issue in getting the club 90* in relation to my arms at A3..  I want to just make sure that I really ingrain the sequence by hitting from A3 or just a little past A3.. I was just taping my self and even when I felt like I was getting to A3 and coming down, I was really going further.. it's like my shoulders  and arms want to keep turning.. so to get to A3 and stop I really have to feel like I'm not trying to make a full turn..  I'll keep working on it and I will try and post my swing to make sure that I've got the hang of it before moving on..

 

I have to admit, that I am a little bit excited on what could possible be the next piece I will be working on!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Abu3baid)