This last week i have played a lot of golf for me. I've had the week off so have played five rounds at various courses. For the most part been striking the ball ok, and the short game has ranged from hot to cold. My five 18 hole scores were from memory: +16, +16, +18, +15, +23. I think it's fair to say i can definitely see some transfer of improvement from my practice to my game now, my FIR% has gone from ~30 to ~50 and GIR% from ~15 to ~25 which equates to about 2 more GIR per round.
This said though i have to be honest and admit to not really practicing this last week and a bit. I've been enjoying the nice weather and free time (not something that happens at same time usually) and playing almost every day. I think my biggest barrier to practice was loosing focus of my priority piece. I got my hands on a good path in my last video and thought i had it where as in reality that was the only swing i really had it... so lots of practice need to make it second nature, i'm certain i've regressed in playing and not practicing for a week.
Now i have my confessions off my chest my plan for the next three weeks (during which i also have a good number of days off) is as follows:
- Upload to Evolvr and get back on track. I've ask Brian to tell me exactly what he wants me to work on and not much else so i don't get distracted.
- Mirror work and stretching daily.
- If the weather is nice i shall play when i can.
- Regardless of weather i shall either practice at home into a net or at the range most days with video on the entire time
- I will post videos of my practice to make sure i am actually doing my pieces properly
- I hope i can change the picture significantly enough to warrant uploading again to evolvr
P.S. If anyone thinks I am not practicing properly or enough (being if i don't upload my practice video within a week but post a million times in the what did you shoot today thread) then please go all Kyle on me. Tell me to stop kidding myself and get practicing.