or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf Stereotypes - Which one are you?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Golf Stereotypes - Which one are you? - Page 2

post #19 of 165

The tall guy that only shoots 3s.  rofl  "Dude you're 6'6!"

post #20 of 165
My buddy is Rage Monster...

I'm probably the tee box talker...
post #21 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

My buddy is Rage Monster...

I'm probably the tee box talker...
Lol, sounds like a marriage made in heaven.
post #22 of 165

I was the practice swing guy, but I changed that habit last year. Now I only take one about half the time when I need to stay loose.

post #23 of 165

Definitely the mood swing guy.

 

Other day I got a triple on the 5th hole, one of the easiest on the course and was about ready to quit. I then birdied 6 and 7, two of the hardest holes, by making 20 foot plus putts on each. I felt like I was god haha.

post #24 of 165

No surprise, but my buddies would probably call me the "PGA Rules Enforcer Guy".....  None of the others really apply.

 

Well, may be getting close to the "Old Guy". 

post #25 of 165

Are we going to use this like a horoscope?  ;-)  I am the "sand trapped guy" and I match with the "old guy".  

post #26 of 165

I'm definitely the borrower, didn't have a putter for abit, haven't had a decent 3 wood in ages and always run out of tees.

I also play the ball alot when I should take unplayable. 

 

My mate is the lie improver for sure, always see him fiddling with the ball before he steps back to take a shot haha.

 

If they try to call me a rule enforcer I am deffo calling them out! They wouldn't go round under 100 ever if I was.

post #27 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuehn1952 View Post
 

Don't really fit the "Old Guy" quite yet but I am getting there.

 

 

Me too, with a dose of Mood Swing Guy mixed in, though I'm general not vocal about it.

post #28 of 165

The video was hilarious, I'm becoming the "Old" guy, morphing from the mood swing guy.

post #29 of 165
I was Rage Guy when I started then I transitioned to Mood Swing guy but now I am Zen Guy and my scores have improved in direct correlation to these attitude changes. A bonus to this shift is when I have a crap round (frequent) I still enjoy myself and don't give up. Best thing I ever did for my game with lessons coming in as a close second.
post #30 of 165

If money is on the line they left out the best and most controversial golfer known... "Mr. Gamesmanship"

 

Mr Gamesmanship can be found uttering the following phrases:

 

"You swing really slow for a big guy"

"You swing really hard for a little guy"

"Do you inhale or exhale at the top of your swing?"

"You really need to smash this drive to have a good look at the pin"

"Watch out for the lake on the right"

post #31 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post
 

If money is on the line they left out the best and most controversial golfer known... "Mr. Gamesmanship"

 

Mr Gamesmanship can be found uttering the following phrases:

 

"You swing really slow for a big guy"

"You swing really hard for a little guy"

"Do you inhale or exhale at the top of your swing?"

"You really need to smash this drive to have a good look at the pin"

"Watch out for the lake on the right"

 

Aaaaaand that's me. lol

 

"There's no trouble on this hole except for the trees right, that creek up the middle, OB left, and the fairway bunkers. Ok, good luck!"

post #32 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

Aaaaaand that's me. lol

 

"There's no trouble on this hole except for the trees right, that creek up the middle, OB left, and the fairway bunkers. Ok, good luck!"

I've had people say things like that before. It's pointless, like I didn't already know that there were trees right etc...

post #33 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw purp View Post
 

I've had people say things like that before. It's pointless, like I didn't already know that there were trees right etc...

 

It's not pointless. You know they're there, but hearing it outloud, it just kind of lingers in your head. Even if you think it isn't. 

 

I'll only do crap like that to my close friends. And they give it right back.

post #34 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

It's not pointless. You know they're there, but hearing it outloud, it just kind of lingers in your head. Even if you think it isn't. 

 

I'll only do crap like that to my close friends. And they give it right back.

"Just make sure you hit it straight here!" ;-)

post #35 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

"Just make sure you hit it straight here!" ;-)

Long is dead, short is nothing but trouble. I'm sure you'll be fine though.

post #36 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

No surprise, but my buddies would probably call me the "PGA Rules Enforcer Guy".....  None of the others really apply.

 

Well, may be getting close to the "Old Guy". 

 

But the difference is that from what I can tell you actually know the rules, while the guy in the video didn't.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf Stereotypes - Which one are you?