or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NFL Football
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 NFL Football - Page 9

post #145 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

 

 

Yeah, Ponder is pretty terrible. But our run D also made Peterson look pretty pedestrian. He didn't have one run of 10 or more yards. When does that happen?

 
Either way, I'm really hoping you guys win next week. :-D

No way, 0-16 Vikings and the first overall pick.  Haha!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast View Post
 

 

It's like the Ol' Minnesota motto goes... "There's always next year..."

 

Yeah, except they are about 5 years away with rebuild from being decent.  O-line is pitiful as well.  

post #146 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast View Post
 

 

It's like the Ol' Minnesota motto goes... "There's always next year..."

 

I'm pretty sure we hold the trademark for that one here in Cleveland...

post #147 of 1006
Tough couple of weeks for my Niners, first we get thumped by Seahawks on National TV then we dont show up at home against the Colts? Ohhhhhhhhh not to mention Aldon Smith is now in rehab, Patrick Willis probably wont play Thursday and Vernon Davis has a hamstring issue?? It's still early and I guess it's best to get these issues out of the way in September as opposed to December.
post #148 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

No way, 0-16 Vikings and the first overall pick.  Haha!

 

Yeah, the Steelers will probably win one game somewhere out of luck.*

 

Has an NFL team ever gone an entire season without forcing a turnover? :-P 

 

* Edit: Duh, the Vikings play the Steelers next week. Derrr.

post #149 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Yeah, the Steelers will probably win one game somewhere out of luck.*

 

Has an NFL team ever gone an entire season without forcing a turnover? :-P 

 

* Edit: Duh, the Vikings play the Steelers next week. Derrr.

 

There is your one win.

post #150 of 1006
Thread Starter 

Back to hating the NFL.  Ugh, the Chargers are 2 plays away from being 3-0 right now.  (Granted, 3-0 against weak non-division opponents, but I'd still take it)  My initial reaction after yesterday's game was that they got hosed by an offensive pass interference non-call on Tennessee's final touchdown.  But after watching it again, I realized it would have been the ticky-tacky-est call ever.  It was the stupid DB for being in perfect position then letting the WR nudge him out of the way with minimal effort instead of holding his ground and knocking the ball down.  P***y!!

post #151 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Yeah, the Steelers will probably win one game somewhere out of luck.*

 

Has an NFL team ever gone an entire season without forcing a turnover? :-P 

 

* Edit: Duh, the Vikings play the Steelers next week. Derrr.

 

I can't believe they're 0-3 and haven't caused 1 turnover. That's unreal for the Steelers. 

post #152 of 1006

The Steelers have always drafted well and almost every position except offensive line.  They had a good one in Pouncey, but they always seem to lack depth there.  O-line is so underrated in it's importance to winning. 

post #153 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

The Steelers have always drafted well and almost every position except offensive line.  They had a good one in Pouncey, but they always seem to lack depth there.  O-line is so underrated in it's importance to winning. 

 

Yeah, but c'mon, it's really really really difficult to understand how giving your QB more than 0.87 seconds to throw can have a positive effect on your team's chances of winning. That would take a genius to figure out.

 

I can't blame the Steelers for THAT, can I? Just like I can't blame Dick LeBeau for not retiring four years ago, or Tomlin for being Tomlin, or Haley for existing… right?

post #154 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Yeah, but c'mon, it's really really really difficult to understand how giving your QB more than 0.87 seconds to throw can have a positive effect on your team's chances of winning. That would take a genius to figure out.

 

I can't blame the Steelers for THAT, can I? Just like I can't blame Dick LeBeau for not retiring four years ago, or Tomlin for being Tomlin, or Haley for existing… right?

 

Even though I hate the Steelers, I loved Cowher. When Tomlin came in, I said he was a terrible choice, and even stuck by that when he won his Superbowl. He won that with Cowher's team. I think he'll be fired before the Steelers actually contend again. And that could take 2-3 years of futility.

post #155 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

Even though I hate the Steelers, I loved Cowher. When Tomlin came in, I said he was a terrible choice, and even stuck by that when he won his Superbowl. He won that with Cowher's team. I think he'll be fired before the Steelers actually contend again. And that could take 2-3 years of futility.

 

Cowher underperformed. He went to a whopping two Super Bowls with the talent he had.

 
This statement applies to both Tomlin and Cowher: "He won a Super Bowl because the Steelers were still a good team, not because he was a good coach."

 

Yes, the Rooneys will probably keep him around for far too long. He just got an extension over the summer, IIRC. They need to clean house. Heck, I'm hoping for a two-win season at the most. Maybe that'll get the ownership to fire him.

post #156 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Cowher underperformed. He went to a whopping two Super Bowls with the talent he had.
 

You sound as bad as us yankees fans.

I will say that you will never hear me complain that Coughlin only won us 2 super bowls.
post #157 of 1006
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Cowher underperformed. He went to a whopping two Super Bowls with the talent he had.

 
This statement applies to both Tomlin and Cowher: "He won a Super Bowl because the Steelers were still a good team, not because he was a good coach."

 

Yes, the Rooneys will probably keep him around for far too long. He just got an extension over the summer, IIRC. They need to clean house. Heck, I'm hoping for a two-win season at the most. Maybe that'll get the ownership to fire him.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post


You aound as bad as us yankees fans.

I will say that you will never hear me complain that Coughlin only won us 2 super bowls.

 

LOL.  I was going to say something along these lines (Maybe boo-frickin-hoo! perhaps) ;)

 

It reminds me of one of Bill Simmons sports fan rules.  Goes something like:  "If your team wins a championship, they get a 5-year grace period."

 

You guys (Steelers fans) weren't even done with the grace period for SB 40 when they won SB 43 - and it accumulates - , so that means you have until SB 50 (which isn't until February of 2016) before you're allowed to start whining.

 

So on behalf of fans of all of the teams EXCEPT the Steelers, Giants, Saints, Packers and Ravens ... pipe down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

post #158 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

 

 

 

LOL.  I was going to say something along these lines (Maybe boo-frickin-hoo! perhaps) ;)

 

It reminds me of one of Bill Simmons sports fan rules.  Goes something like:  "If your team wins a championship, they get a 5-year grace period."

 

You guys (Steelers fans) weren't even done with the grace period for SB 40 when they won SB 43 - and it accumulates - , so that means you have until SB 50 (which isn't until February of 2016) before you're allowed to start whining.

 

So on behalf of fans of all of the teams EXCEPT the Steelers, Giants, Saints, Packers and Ravens ... pipe down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

 

AMEN, brotha'!

post #159 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

You sound as bad as us yankees fans.

I will say that you will never hear me complain that Coughlin only won us 2 super bowls.

Sure, but we can agree that the Giants probably overachieved and the Steelers probably underachieved, right? That generally falls on coaching.
post #160 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


Sure, but we can agree that the Giants probably overachieved and the Steelers probably underachieved, right? That generally falls on coaching.

 

I wouldn't. I mean, they've had a stellar defense, but their QB just isn't that good. Roethlisburger is a play-maker, but he makes terrible decisions. I'm pretty sure he has one of the worst playoff QB ratings of all time. 

 
And before him, who did Cowher have at the helm? Tommy Maddux?
post #161 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

I wouldn't. I mean, they've had a stellar defense, but their QB just isn't that good. Roethlisburger is a play-maker, but he makes terrible decisions. I'm pretty sure he has one of the worst playoff QB ratings of all time. 

 

He's 20th all time. And that's despite playing the majority of the years with a team that still favored the run until recently (when their OL couldn't block a team of girl scouts).

 

Ahead of Bernie Kosar, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Donovan McNabb, Dan Marino, Phil Simms, Roger Staubach, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts, Bob Griese, and others.

 

He's also behind Ken Anderson, Matt Hasselbeck, and some others (most of whom are pretty good, of course).

 

P.S. He's ninth all time in the regular season.

post #162 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

He's 20th all time. And that's despite playing the majority of the years with a team that still favored the run until recently (when their OL couldn't block a team of girl scouts).

 

Ahead of Bernie Kosar, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Donovan McNabb, Dan Marino, Phil Simms, Roger Staubach, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts, Bob Griese, and others.

 

He's also behind Ken Anderson, Matt Hasselbeck, and some others (most of whom are pretty good, of course).

 

P.S. He's ninth all time in the regular season.

 

Either way, he's not exactly Tom Brady. With him, it seems like he's either the best, or the worst. At least when I've seen him play...

 
Tom Brady won 3 super bowls with a worse offense, and nowhere near the defense Ben had. That's my point...is that Cowher never had an elite QB and still made 2 (and won 1 ) Super Bowls.

 

Plus, you're comparing him to guys that played in a different era. Back when the QB wasn't as protected.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NFL Football