or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NFL Football
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 NFL Football - Page 13

post #217 of 1006
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

NFL expansion has really gone too far if we have a team named the Chefs!!!!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

Hahaha.

Can I then assume ya'll don't remember this old Snickers commercial???  Great googly moogly!

post #218 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Can I then assume ya'll don't remember this old Snickers commercial???  Great googly moogly!

 

I do. You're dating yourself though.

post #219 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 

Can I then assume ya'll don't remember this old Snickers commercial???  Great googly moogly!

 

One of the top commercials of all time IMO.

 

Early on, the two teams looking to go to the SB will be Seattle and Denver, but I hope I'm wrong in Seattle making the trip as a 49er fan. Seattle has been good, but I feel like they need their stadium to win and just squeaked by with wins in Tennessee and Houston (I would credit Seattle's win to the Texans choking rather than Seattle 'coming back'). 

 

I'm hoping the Niners win the NFC West, but just looking at Seattle's schedule is discouraging since all the decent teams on their schedule play Seattle at home with SF as the exception. It doesn't look like Seattle will go lower than a 14-2 record. Really hoping for Indy to beat them down this Sunday. 

post #220 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPIRE View Post
 

 

One of the top commercials of all time IMO.

 

Early on, the two teams looking to go to the SB will be Seattle and Denver, but I hope I'm wrong in Seattle making the trip as a 49er fan. Seattle has been good, but I feel like they need their stadium to win and just squeaked by with wins in Tennessee and Houston (I would credit Seattle's win to the Texans choking rather than Seattle 'coming back'). 

 

I'm hoping the Niners win the NFC West, but just looking at Seattle's schedule is discouraging since all the decent teams on their schedule play Seattle at home with SF as the exception. It doesn't look like Seattle will go lower than a 14-2 record. Really hoping for Indy to beat them down this Sunday. 

 

I'm hoping Indy doesn't win another game. I know that won't happen...but it would be nice to get a top 10 draft pick from them haha.

post #221 of 1006
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

I do. You're dating yourself though.

 

Nah ... it's not THAT old.  Dating myself would be saying something like ...

 

I remember watching this commercial as a kid when it was new ...

 

(And I do)

post #222 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

I'm hoping Indy doesn't win another game. I know that won't happen...but it would be nice to get a top 10 draft pick from them haha.

 

For Indy, I only care about this weekend and we can continue ridiculing them after the Seahawks game. If Indy loses, more ridicule for to the Colts on my part.  

 

I usually don't root against many teams in the AFC unless they're playing against the 49ers. I listened to part of the Browns v Bills game on the way home yesterday and the injuries are starting to pile up for the Browns. Weeden is not that great a QB, but he does have drives where he finds a rhythm and then loses it the next. Also, he holds onto the ball way too long - fix this and you have decent QB at best. 

post #223 of 1006

Gentlemen, the season doesn't really start until December.  Many teams in the past have looked unbeatable in September, but faded in the end.

 

As for The Kansas City Chefs:

 

Guy Fieri and Emeril: offensive line with their heft.  Fieri could play without a helmet.  That spiked hair could really do some damage.  Emeril?  Bam!

Bobby Flay looks like a typical QB coming out of college.  Skinny arms, a bit cocky.

Although a Brit, Gordon Ramsey has all the shrieking needed to be an NFL Defensive Coordinator.

Robert Irvine (Restaurant Impossible) looks like a real athlete.  Defensive End.

Paula Dean would definitely be a tackling dummy.

Rachael Ray has the same skill set as Mark Sanchez.  Butt fumble in her future!

Alton Brown - Offensive coordinator.  Very brainy and looks a bit like Mike Martz if he put on a few.

post #224 of 1006
Thread Starter 
They're showing Saints-Bears right now with Spanish speaking announcers. Hmmm ... Lol
post #225 of 1006

Who knew Cowboys vs Broncos would actually turn out to be a good game?

post #226 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post
 

Who knew Cowboys vs Broncos would actually turn out to be a good game?

 

Great* game... Although, not so great when you are facing Romo, Julius Thomas, and Dez Bryant in fantasy 

:surrender:

post #227 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post
 

Who knew Cowboys vs Broncos would actually turn out to be a good game?

 

Yeah... both teams looked solid on defense.  :smartass:   At least the right team won - thank you Tony Romo for the key mistake of the game.  :beer:

post #228 of 1006
I am a titans/broncos fan but you can't discount what the colts are doing. They have now beaten the 49ers and seattle.
post #229 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloverUT View Post

I am a titans/broncos fan but you can't discount what the colts are doing. They have now beaten the 49ers and seattle.

 

We'll see on Oct 20 when the Broncos come to town.  :-) 

post #230 of 1006

Lions suck

post #231 of 1006

Eli is having a tough time of it tonight.  2 int's in the first 5 passes.

post #232 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post
 

Eli is having a tough time of it tonight.  2 int's in the first 5 passes.

It is due to cosmic balance. The better Peyton does, the worst Eli does.

post #233 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post
 

Eli is having a tough time of it tonight.  2 int's in the first 5 passes.

I think you meant this season***

post #234 of 1006
Thread Starter 

Any NFL (replay) rules experts out there?

 

For those who didn't just see it, I'll try to explain:

 

Denver running back fumbles as he's falling down, and falls down right next to the ball.  While on the ground he sort of pins the ball against his side with one hand, and simultaneous to that a defender goes down and pries (sp??) it loose.  The ruling on the field is a fumble (clearly correct) and a recovery by Indianapolis (not so clear).  Denver chooses not to challenge because they don't want to lose a timeout.  The announcer (Al Michaels) says that "to be clear" Denver could have challenged the fumble itself if they wanted to, however, they could not challenge the recovery.  (I don't know the specific rules but I would argue that the RB had possession on the ground while he pinned it against his side, but that is really neither here nor there)  Why couldn't they challenge the recovery?

 

Or is Al Michaels just wrong?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NFL Football