or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NFL Football
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 NFL Football - Page 31

post #541 of 1006

Hmmmmm.

 

 

 

And I'm not including it because of the stupid part at the end.

post #542 of 1006
Skip Bayless is the worst.

If I had a gun with two bullets, and was on an elevator with Bin Laden, Hitler, and Skip Bayless, I would shoot Skip Bayless twice.
post #543 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

If I had a gun with two bullets, and was on an elevator with Bin Laden, Hitler, and Skip Bayless, I would shoot Skip Bayless twice.

 

That's good I guess since the other two are already dead.

post #544 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

That's good I guess since the other two are already dead.


Oh snap...


On a side note. In college football that guy would have been ejected for targeting.
post #545 of 1006

Thank you Tony Romo!

 

I can't think of anyone else who could have possibly lost that game.     :banana:

post #546 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

Thank you Tony Romo!

 

I can't think of anyone else who could have possibly lost that game.     :banana:

I don't know who called the pass plays but they should be fired.  4 minutes left in the game, you need a ball control offense.  Murray was running well, play calls should have been hand off, screen, quick out to Bryant, not down field passes.

 

Both interceptions were as much the receivers fault as they were Romo, the real fault lies with whoever was calling the plays on their last drive when the Cowboys still had the lead.

post #547 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

I don't know who called the pass plays but they should be fired.  4 minutes left in the game, you need a ball control offense.  Murray was running well, play calls should have been hand off, screen, quick out to Bryant, not down field passes.

Both interceptions were as much the receivers fault as they were Romo, the real fault lies with whoever was calling the plays on their last drive when the Cowboys still had the lead.

It's all over the news. The plays were all supposed to be runs. Romo changed them. Thanks Tony.....you ARE da man! c3_clap.gif
post #548 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post


It's all over the news. The plays were all supposed to be runs. Romo changed them. Thanks Tony.....you ARE da man! c3_clap.gif

:doh: Then he is an idiot.

post #549 of 1006

Look at it this way. If you had the 30th ranked defense in the NFL, would you as a QB want to go 3 and out because you ran the ball 3 times in a row against a stacked box? Just saying. We can sit back and complain about Tony all we want. When you score 36 points, and the opposing team doesn't even have their MVP QB playing, it isn't Romo's fault. Its the defense. Maybe a few stops would have been nice. 

post #550 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

Look at it this way. If you had the 30th ranked defense in the NFL, would you as a QB want to go 3 and out because you ran the ball 3 times in a row against a stacked box? Just saying. We can sit back and complain about Tony all we want. When you score 36 points, and the opposing team doesn't even have their MVP QB playing, it isn't Romo's fault. Its the defense. Maybe a few stops would have been nice. 


 



Yes, Dallas' defense stinks AND Tony Romo is an idiot. The two are not mutually exclusive.
post #551 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

Look at it this way. If you had the 30th ranked defense in the NFL, would you as a QB want to go 3 and out because you ran the ball 3 times in a row against a stacked box? Just saying. We can sit back and complain about Tony all we want. When you score 36 points, and the opposing team doesn't even have their MVP QB playing, it isn't Romo's fault. Its the defense. Maybe a few stops would have been nice. 

 



Yes, Dallas' defense stinks AND Tony Romo is an idiot. The two are not mutually exclusive.

 

Uh yea they are. Its called offense and defense. He's only thrown 9 INT's this year. Dallas is +11 in turnover margin this year. So the offense is on the field more. This team has nothing to do with Tony, and everything to do with the defense that can't stop any body. When the average points scored per game in the NFL is 23, and you score 36, you should be winning those games. It isn't the offense, it isn't Tony. 

post #552 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post

Yes, Dallas' defense stinks AND Tony Romo is an idiot. The two are not mutually exclusive.

 

Agreed.

 

And the Steelers (when they were good :D) ran the ball to close out a LOT of games when teams KNEW they were going to run the ball. Maybe that was anomalous, but I am biased because I saw it done for a LONG LONG time. I think the Steelers had gone 145-1-1 or something ridiculous with an 11-point lead.

post #553 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

 

Uh yea they are. Its called offense and defense. He's only thrown 9 INT's this year. Dallas is +11 in turnover margin this year. So the offense is on the field more. This team has nothing to do with Tony, and everything to do with the defense that can't stop any body. When the average points scored per game in the NFL is 23, and you score 36, you should be winning those games. It isn't the offense, it isn't Tony. 

 



So what your saying is the guy who actually threw the interceptions (and who apparantly audibled out of the originally called running play) is blameless in the loss? Not saying he was the sole reason for Dallas losing yesterday, but he CERTAINLY contributed to it in classic ROMO fashion.

Oh, and if it sounds like I'm talking pleasure in other's misery...YOU WOULD BE CORRECT!!!
post #554 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

Uh yea they are. Its called offense and defense. He's only thrown 9 INT's this year. Dallas is +11 in turnover margin this year. So the offense is on the field more. This team has nothing to do with Tony, and everything to do with the defense that can't stop any body. When the average points scored per game in the NFL is 23, and you score 36, you should be winning those games. It isn't the offense, it isn't Tony.

The Cowboy defense isn't very good and overall I agree that 9 INT's isn't bad.  Romo makes poor decisions at the end of games.  Even if a pass play was the right call given the Packers defense, he shouldn't throw a long pass into coverage when the game is on the line. 

post #555 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

The Cowboy defense isn't very good and overall I agree that 9 INT's isn't bad.  Romo makes poor decisions at the end of games.  Even if a pass play was the right call given the Packers defense, he shouldn't throw a long pass into coverage when the game is on the line. 

 

Here's the thing, it wasn't a long pass. The first INT was on a busted play because Matthews blitz from the edge. Romo did a great job getting away, and the ball was thrown to a reciever about 10 yards down field, it was just slightly thrown behind the receiver, and the guy covering him made a great play. A lot of times DB's can only get a hand on the ball with that type of route (quick slant). 

 

The 2nd INT was a horrible throw, but still a great play by the DB who decided to jump the underneath route letting the outside WR go one on one with the over the top safety. Still it looked like number 11 wasn't really looking for the ball. When he say it was coming his way, he start to pick up speed but realized the ball was out of his reach. Not sure if he was just a decoy, and the ball was to go somewhere else, but you never know if Romo thought the WR was going to actually break hard into this route, which by video it looked like he didn't. 

post #556 of 1006
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post

 

Yes, Dallas' defense stinks AND Tony Romo is an idiot. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

Uh yea they are. Its called offense and defense. He's only thrown 9 INT's this year. Dallas is +11 in turnover margin this year. So the offense is on the field more. This team has nothing to do with Tony, and everything to do with the defense that can't stop any body. When the average points scored per game in the NFL is 23, and you score 36, you should be winning those games. It isn't the offense, it isn't Tony. 

 

I don't know how you can say that when he's the one who audibled out of the running play and called the play that resulted in a bad turnover. And BTW, this isn't the first time Tony Romo has turned the ball over late in a close game. I was actually expecting it. Tony Romo IS an idiot. A very talented one, but an idiot nonetheless.

 

 

Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

 

Here's the thing, it wasn't a long pass. The first INT was on a busted play because Matthews blitz from the edge. Romo did a great job getting away, and the ball was thrown to a reciever about 10 yards down field, it was just slightly thrown behind the receiver, and the guy covering him made a great play. A lot of times DB's can only get a hand on the ball with that type of route (quick slant).

 

And HERE'S the thing. That's when a smart QB eats the ball or throws it away. But Tony Romo is not a smart QB. He is an idiot.

post #557 of 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post
 

 

I don't know how you can say that when he's the one who audibled out of the running play and called the play that resulted in a bad turnover. And BTW, this isn't the first time Tony Romo has turned the ball over late in a close game. I was actually expecting it. Tony Romo IS an idiot. A very talented one, but an idiot nonetheless.

 

And HERE'S the thing. That's when a smart QB eats the ball or throws it away. But Tony Romo is not a smart QB. He is an idiot.

 

Yet, Brett Farve won multiple superbowls doing the exact same thing, hmmm 

post #558 of 1006
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post
 

 

I don't know how you can say that when he's the one who audibled out of the running play and called the play that resulted in a bad turnover. And BTW, this isn't the first time Tony Romo has turned the ball over late in a close game. I was actually expecting it. Tony Romo IS an idiot. A very talented one, but an idiot nonetheless.

 

And HERE'S the thing. That's when a smart QB eats the ball or throws it away. But Tony Romo is not a smart QB. He is an idiot.

 

Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

Yet, Brett Farve won multiple superbowls doing the exact same thing, hmmm

 

No, he won one SB early in his career. I suggest you look up what Favre did in the playoffs the last decade or so of his career. He is another idiot who tried to rely on his arm a little too much. The one record he has that is untouchable is his interception record.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2013 NFL Football