or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › What Is The One Shot You Wish You Could Copy From A PGA Player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Is The One Shot You Wish You Could Copy From A PGA Player

post #1 of 69
Thread Starter 

For me it's gotta be the full sand wedge shot because I simply can't pull it off.

post #2 of 69

chipping and pitching around the greens without a doubt.  I'm happy with the way I hit it for the most part but those guys get up and down from everywhere.

post #3 of 69

Steve Stricker's drive. Driver is neck & neck with my SW as the most frequently used club in my bag, and it's by far the least consisent. Put me 275 in the middle of the fairway and I'll drop 6 strokes off my index (yeah, I know, who wouldn't?)

post #4 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
 

Steve Stricker's drive. Driver is neck & neck with my SW as the most frequently used club in my bag, and it's by far the least consisent. Put me 275 in the middle of the fairway and I'll drop 6 strokes off my index (yeah, I know, who wouldn't?)

Same for me, when I drive the ball well, I score well.  I can pretty much get up and down from anywhere, I've had years of that and have gotten pretty good, but I can not tame the driver.

post #5 of 69
Tiger's scrambling from terrible tee shots.
post #6 of 69

tigers stinger. i just cant keep the ball low when needed.

post #7 of 69
Shit I forgot about the stinger. Ill take that one to. a1_smile.gif
post #8 of 69

Low pitch high spin stoppers:

 

post #9 of 69

Are you kidding me? 330 yard drive straight down the middle. No contest.

post #10 of 69

I would take any pro's ability to knock down basically every putt inside 12 feet... Yesterday I had 6 birdie putts in the 10-12 foot range and made 2, lipped out 3, and completely missed 1.

post #11 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
 

I would take any pro's ability to knock down basically every putt inside 12 feet... Yesterday I had 6 birdie putts in the 10-12 foot range and made 2, lipped out 3, and completely missed 1.

 

I think I remember seeing a stat that the pros make 50% of puts at 7 feet X inches.  Given, they play on extremely difficult greens, but their stats won't be as far from what you did yesterday as you think.  It sounds like you came really close to making 5 of 6 12 footers yesterday.  Even though those lipped out, that is some good putting!

 

Back on topic - I'd take that stinger.  What a show off shot.  And I stink from the tee, so it would improve my game a lot.  I'd also like that spinning chip like in the video (even though he was 70 out). My chips get very little check up.  I think the more expensive balls might play a part in that as well.

post #12 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdwhiskey View Post
 

 

I think I remember seeing a stat that the pros make 50% of puts at 7 feet X inches.  Given, they play on extremely difficult greens, but their stats won't be as far from what you did yesterday as you think.  It sounds like you came really close to making 5 of 6 12 footers yesterday.  Even though those lipped out, that is some good putting!

 

Back on topic - I'd take that stinger.  What a show off shot.  And I stink from the tee, so it would improve my game a lot.  I'd also like that spinning chip like in the video (even though he was 70 out). My chips get very little check up.  I think the more expensive balls might play a part in that as well.

 

Yea, my putting really wasn't bad but I expect to make them all. I know that's unreasonable, but they were all pretty easy putts. It's especially frustrating to lip out 3 putts, considering that's harder to do than actually make the putt... The pros would make well over 50% of the putts I'm speaking of I believe. I'm talking like left edge of the cup, or maybe a ball or two outside of the hole. Simple break putts that just need to start on a good line. I have read that stat that you speak of though. It sure seems like when watching on tv that they make more than 50%, but I guess that's because the cameras are always on the top of the leaderboard guys.

post #13 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutter View Post
 

chipping and pitching around the greens without a doubt.  I'm happy with the way I hit it for the most part but those guys get up and down from everywhere.

 

 

this

post #14 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post
 

Low pitch high spin stoppers:

 

 

 

That was my first thought . .. but I'd also take 300+ yard drives, super-human putting, full-swing sand shots . .and any of the rest of it, too.

 

But if I could only pick one .. it would definitely be the short chips and pitches that land close and stop.

post #15 of 69
Stenson's 300+ 3wood down the middle.
post #16 of 69

Approach shots: Spinning irons backwards combined with lasering the green.  I'd love to be able to pull 10yds more club than I need knowing the ball will pull backwards into the pin area (and hit the green).

 

Also Rick'y high spin pitch was pretty sick up there.

post #17 of 69

Anyone of these shots is fine with me

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
 

I would take any pro's ability to knock down basically every putt inside 12 feet... Yesterday I had 6 birdie putts in the 10-12 foot range and made 2, lipped out 3, and completely missed 1.

 

Is this just a post to let us know you hit it inside 12 ft six times yesterday? ;-)

 

Some stats

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.405.html

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.404.html

post #18 of 69

I would take any of the top three players' ability in the link, I am fine with their distance as well.  All the top three are Sconies(From WI).  Represent.  :-D

 

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.102.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › What Is The One Shot You Wish You Could Copy From A PGA Player