or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Mizuno EZ Forged vs Ping G25
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mizuno EZ Forged vs Ping G25

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

For those who tried/played both, how would you compare these two?

I'm currently gaming Mizuno MP-33 and looking for forgiveness.

Thanks for any input.

post #2 of 8

 

I really like Mark, only problem is he doesn't say many negative comments about anything. 

 

This should give you some insight though

post #3 of 8

i've watch many of Mark's video's on youtube and find them very easy to watch and understand...

 

and i think his reasoning behind him not having many negative comments about clubs is,  

 

1 i am sure he probably hits all clubs pretty good

 

and 2 he might be getting said clubs on the free side... and if you start telling people X irons kind of suck lol  in the nice way... and it gets back to said company, they tend to not send you free stuff anymore...  

post #4 of 8

I agree 100%

 

I just made the comment for the OP as its not going to give a objective point of view on the clubs

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin View Post

For those who tried/played both, how would you compare these two?
I'm currently gaming Mizuno MP-33 and looking for forgiveness.
Thanks for any input.
I won't say that I am providing a critique of either club because I'm a Mizuno sell out(I did play Ping i3s in high school) but I will say that I've struggled with the same thing that you are struggling with. I love the feel of mp-33s but I struggle with the 6i-4i...
You may want to give the jpx-800 pros a shot, last year I switched out my 6i and 4i from mp-33s to jpx-800 pros and bent the 6i three deg strong (don't carry a 5i anymore,extra wedge instead).
I will say that they are a little bit "clicky" but they are not bad for a game improvement club.
Hope this helps.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 

Thanks for prompt response, guys.

 

I watched Mark's videos and indeed he probably never say anything negative about the clubs/equipments he tested. However, I must admit that his videos are informative and quite enjoyable.

 

As for the JPX800 Pros, I do really like them. I just want to try different set of irons which is not chrome/satin like MP33. Weird, I know. :)

 

One more question, what makes Ping irons more expensive than other irons? For instance, here in the UK, a used set of G25 (not forged) is about £400 while JPX800 Pro or AP2 712 (forged) are about £250.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin View Post
 

Thanks for prompt response, guys.

 

I watched Mark's videos and indeed he probably never say anything negative about the clubs/equipments he tested. However, I must admit that his videos are informative and quite enjoyable.

 

As for the JPX800 Pros, I do really like them. I just want to try different set of irons which is not chrome/satin like MP33. Weird, I know. :)

 

One more question, what makes Ping irons more expensive than other irons? For instance, here in the UK, a used set of G25 (not forged) is about £400 while JPX800 Pro or AP2 712 (forged) are about £250.

 

 

One thing that makes Ping more expensive is they control the pricing of their clubs.  For example, a retailer can't mark down Ping clubs to a better price.  They have to sell Ping clubs for what Ping tells them too.  Even store discounts/coupons, etc can't be used to get a better price.

post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloverUT View Post
One thing that makes Ping more expensive is they control the pricing of their clubs.  For example, a retailer can't mark down Ping clubs to a better price.  They have to sell Ping clubs for what Ping tells them too.  Even store discounts/coupons, etc can't be used to get a better price.

I think all the major OEMs are this way. E.g., if you look at the dollar-off specials Goflsmith runs, almost all the OEMs are excluded (including Mizuno, as I recall).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Mizuno EZ Forged vs Ping G25