or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Films and Movies Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Films and Movies Thread - Page 12

post #199 of 402
Even though the market is seeming to get a little saturated with Superhero films, I have nothing bad to say about Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I give it an eagle. Despite a few weak spots, it's a well told spy thriller set with superheroes. Also, I'd say the action scenes and cinematography is about the best I've seen so far from the genre. I thought it was very well done.
post #200 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon View Post

Even though the market is seeming to get a little saturated with Superhero films, I have nothing bad to say about Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I give it an eagle. Despite a few weak spots, it's a well told spy thriller set with superheroes. Also, I'd say the action scenes and cinematography is about the best I've seen so far from the genre. I thought it was very well done.

Robert Redford! Reprising his 3 Days of Condor/Spy Games characters.
post #201 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon View Post

Even though the market is seeming to get a little saturated with Superhero films, I have nothing bad to say about Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I give it an eagle. Despite a few weak spots, it's a well told spy thriller set with superheroes. Also, I'd say the action scenes and cinematography is about the best I've seen so far from the genre. I thought it was very well done.

Funny.  I wanted to come on here and rate that one an eagle as well, then decided that maybe I was being too easy.  I loved it!

 

Also, it ties in beautifully to the Agents of Shield Tv show.  I'm really glad I stuck with that one through the mediocre beginning because I'm really enjoying it right now.

post #202 of 402
I had the same feeling. A birdie wouldn't quite be doing it justice.

And as much as Cap can be somewhat of a corny character to write dialogue for, I really enjoyed how he reacted to the drama going on around him. I loved the elevator scene.
post #203 of 402

Glengarry Glen Ross trailer done in the style of Wolf of Wall Street

 

post #204 of 402

Nice @nevets88 !

post #205 of 402

New Godzilla trailer - almost a full body shot at the end.

 

post #206 of 402

I recently did a watch of almost all the films of Hayao Miyazaki, and I'm completely awestruck and I don't read manga or watch anime. Great storytelling and imagination.

 

 

 

 

post #207 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

I recently did a watch of almost all the films of Hayao Miyazaki, and I'm completely awestruck and I don't read manga or watch anime. Great storytelling and imagination.

 

 

 

Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are my two favorite, just brilliant works of art. 

post #208 of 402

I'm a complete movie junkie, but somehow never saw Fight Club until last night. Wow.  That movie is going to take awhile to digest.  

post #209 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post

I'm a complete movie junkie, but somehow never saw Fight Club until last night. Wow.  That movie is going to take awhile to digest.  

Fight Club is one of the few movies I saw more than once in the theatre. Loved it.

I'm halfway through the second Hobbit movie. I'm not really enjoying it so far.
post #210 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon View Post


Fight Club is one of the few movies I saw more than once in the theatre. Loved it.

I'm halfway through the second Hobbit movie. I'm not really enjoying it so far.

Just realized the rating scale.  I would seriously give Fight Club an Eagle.  Great film.  I need to watch it again.

post #211 of 402

Look for the Fight Club version on YT or Vimeo where they erase Brad Pitt out of the picture. 

post #212 of 402
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Look for the Fight Club version on YT or Vimeo where they erase Brad Pitt out of the picture. 

 

Why not just include it here? :)

post #213 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Why not just include it here? :)

 

I can't find it - the one where he's erased the entire movie. Here's just a scene. 

 

post #214 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

 

I can't find it - the one where he's erased the entire movie. Here's just a scene. 

 

Yea, that's the only scene I was able to find, too.  Pretty neat.  

post #215 of 402

Happy Birthday to the greatest actor of all time.  Jack is 77 today!  A real shame that we'll probably never see him in another film.

 

post #216 of 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

The Station Agent. Birdie. A great pov look into how people treat you when you're different and dealing with it. Whimsical too. Peter Dinklage speaking in his normal voice (no British accent.)


Saw that years ago. Definite birdie. Great movie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Films and Movies Thread