or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Big and Tall Golf Apparel - are you happy with it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big and Tall Golf Apparel - are you happy with it - Page 2

post #19 of 25
I've done this with 34 inseams but a hemmed pant looks so much better, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AveoBigandTall View Post

also we have enough material left in the hem to let it out and achieve a better length for you
post #20 of 25

As a tall and fit athlete i find it impossible to find anything that fits... Im 6'5 220lbs and i wear a 36x38 pants which does not exist with any sport apparel retailer apparently.  I have to resort to wearing short almost 100% of the time because finding pants that fit is a nightmare.  I would love to see a pair of dri-fit slacks with an inseam over 34" which up to this point doesnt exist.  As i get older i find its less and less respectable to wear shorts on the golf course.  I would be glad to have any golf slacks with a 38" inseam and would be in heaven if i could find some in dri-fit. (Dri-Fit = greatest innovation in sporting history)

 

Sorry so long im just frustrated ive spent the last 3 hours looking for pants for a golf tournament only to find out that i guess tall people do not golf.

post #21 of 25

I joined just to comment on this thread :)

 

I'm 6'6" 280.  I wear a 2XLT and 40ish/36 pants.  42 is usually too big but 40 can be snug.  40 would be perfect if I lost another 10 lbs, lol.  Anyway, the inseam is always the problem, not the waist.  36" inseam is rare, and usually only in either 38 or under or 44 and over.  I don't understand that.  Trying to find "performance" pants (fry fit, stretch, etc) is an exercise in futility.  Also, it's nearly impossible to find a tall sized, fashionable golf shirt.  Sure, I can find clothes that meet the dress code of most golf courses, but nothing anywhere near the style of clothing that most golfers wear these days. 

 

The very few items I can find are by Callaway, and are generally either full price at very high amounts ($75 or more for a polo!) or are only in the leftover sizes like 5XL.

 

OP - What is the name of your clothing line?  I shop golfsmith all the time and /never/ see tall sizes in their store.  I'd be happy to request some at my local store if I know what to ask for.

 

Thanks!

post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCRuzanski View Post

I always find that most big and tall lines assume that if you're tall you must be big also... a regular xl shirt is short, but big in girth. I'm almost 6'6"... I'm a large x-tall... hard to find... I'm a 36" inseam, only a 34 waist... most big and tall places don't carry normal tall.

tall lean guys get shafted by everyone, lol.
You got that right buddy, tall and lean makes it tough at times. I'm 6' 3", thin with long arms, mist XL shirts are a bit too baggy on me but the sleeves are too short. I like longer sleeves because they provide more room around the shoulders, which makes it easier to swing.
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCRuzanski View Post

I always find that most big and tall lines assume that if you're tall you must be big also... a regular xl shirt is short, but big in girth. I'm almost 6'6"... I'm a large x-tall... hard to find... I'm a 36" inseam, only a 34 waist... most big and tall places don't carry normal tall.

tall lean guys get shafted by everyone, lol.

 

And I have the opposite issue, I'm big but with short legs (6'2" - 290, but with a 30" inseam).  Especially when I buy shorts, they end up looking like baggy capri pants, with the legs ending below my knees.  Since I virtually live in shorts any more, that's a problem.

post #24 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbro06 View Post

As a tall and fit athlete i find it impossible to find anything that fits... Im 6'5 220lbs and i wear a 36x38 pants which does not exist with any sport apparel retailer apparently.  I have to resort to wearing short almost 100% of the time because finding pants that fit is a nightmare.  I would love to see a pair of dri-fit slacks with an inseam over 34" which up to this point doesnt exist.  As i get older i find its less and less respectable to wear shorts on the golf course.  I would be glad to have any golf slacks with a 38" inseam and would be in heaven if i could find some in dri-fit. (Dri-Fit = greatest innovation in sporting history)



 



Sorry so long im just frustrated ive spent the last 3 hours looking for pants for a golf tournament only to find out that i guess tall people do not golf.


 



Jbro man i do understand. Aveo started for a similar reason. I was asked to participate in my first pro am and i struggled to find something to wear. Everything was to short or too snug in the thigh - What i finally found that fit just wasnt my style but i had to look the part.

As far as longer inseams we are working on that right now. We currently offer up to 34, but in the next few months will have 36" inseams available and will offer longer and unfinished via special orders - so i am looking forward to being able to support you

Please continue to follow us. Check out our fb page and make sure to sign up for our email distribution list (there is a button on the fb page)
www.facebook.com/aveogolf
Helping Big & Tall Golfers Look and Feel Confident. Shop Now at Golfsmith.com!
Reply
Helping Big & Tall Golfers Look and Feel Confident. Shop Now at Golfsmith.com!
Reply
post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjoshuad View Post

I joined just to comment on this thread :)



 



I'm 6'6" 280.  I wear a 2XLT and 40ish/36 pants.  42 is usually too big but 40 can be snug.  40 would be perfect if I lost another 10 lbs, lol.  Anyway, the inseam is always the problem, not the waist.  36" inseam is rare, and usually only in either 38 or under or 44 and over.  I don't understand that.  Trying to find "performance" pants (fry fit, stretch, etc) is an exercise in futility.  Also, it's nearly impossible to find a tall sized, fashionable golf shirt.  Sure, I can find clothes that meet the dress code of most golf courses, but nothing anywhere near the style of clothing that most golfers wear these days. 



 



The very few items I can find are by Callaway, and are generally either full price at very high amounts ($75 or more for a polo!) or are only in the leftover sizes like 5XL.



 



OP - What is the name of your clothing line?  I shop golfsmith all the time and /never/ see tall sizes in their store.  I'd be happy to request some at my local store if I know what to ask for.



 



Thanks!


 



First off i love this interaction - I am 6'4" almost 300 (I dropped about 15-20 doing crossfit in the last couple months) but i struggle. I can wear most 34" inseams and especially in golf just bc i dont like them to hit the ground but i understand that many of you need longer.

We are working right now to produce our longer inseams - we expect to have 36" available in the coming months and even longer up to unfinished lenghts via our website

We would love it if you made the request at your store or for that matter if you have a store recomendation with contacts that result in an order we will ship you a pair of Aveo shorts or Pants for free (We would even have them let out for you - Aveo pants come with extra material in the inseam for that purpose)

Check us out at
www.aveogolf.com
www.facebook.com/aveogolf
www.golfsmith.com

Dont forget to sign up for our email distrubtion list on our fd page.

Thanks
Helping Big & Tall Golfers Look and Feel Confident. Shop Now at Golfsmith.com!
Reply
Helping Big & Tall Golfers Look and Feel Confident. Shop Now at Golfsmith.com!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Big and Tall Golf Apparel - are you happy with it